Author Topic: If Danny called you about Aaron Gordon, what's your demands  (Read 1073 times)

If Danny called you about Aaron Gordon, what's your demands
« on: February 01, 2016, 12:08:01 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If Crowder was a sticking point would you still trade for Gordon?

My Offer is Rozier, Mickey, Sully Two firsts, we could add seconds if necessary.

That kid would fit in so well here it's crazy.
 If we could just swap Sully for Gordon I'd be ecstatic. Great energy and athleticism.

Re: If Danny called you about Aaron Gordon, what's your demands
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 12:14:00 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'd point out to Bob Hennigan that Mr. Gordon hasn't' been able to earn meaningful minutes playing alongside children and behind a female sex organ/woman (Fournier) for quite some time now. Drive that price on down. Definitely wouldn't move Crowder for him, doubt our D-Leaguers wet Bob's whistle though.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 12:18:06 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Gordons played some of his best games against us.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 12:31:11 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

If Crowder was a sticking point would you still trade for Gordon?

My Offer is Rozier, Mickey, Sully Two firsts, we could add seconds if necessary.

That kid would fit in so well here it's crazy.
 If we could just swap Sully for Gordon I'd be ecstatic. Great energy and athleticism.

Personally, I would not trade Rozier or Mickey for Gordon.  I'd probably say yes to Sully, only because I don't see him as having a future here and hence he's kinda expendable anyway.

Honestly, I'm just really not high on Gordon at all.  I might one day be wrong, but I just don't see him becoming much.  He's not a good enough rebounder or defender to make a mark in those areas, and his offense looks serviceable at best.

From day one I never understood the hype with that kid, and I still don't.  I know he's a hard working guy and has a good attitude, and I know he's athletic, but I just don't see anything beyond 'bench guy' or 'decent starting wing' in his future. 

I think Rozier has a higher upside, and I actually have more faith in Mickey than I do in Gordon.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 02:11:51 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If I were Orlando's GM I'd ask for Crowder and Brooklyn pick or no deal.  Upon further negotiating I might be willing to take two non-Brooklyn 1sts (plus Crowder) instead.

Gordon is just 20 years old, is a top 5 pick less than two years after getting drafted, and has shown the potential to be exactly the sort of player every team needs in the modern NBA -- super athletic, can cover multiple positions, can rebound, pass, and shoot a little bit.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain