Author Topic: What's your valentines day looking like?  (Read 3769 times)

What's your valentines day looking like?
« on: January 31, 2016, 11:45:42 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Alright, been with the same lady for over 10 years now and I feel like I've done it all at this point. Jewelry, flowers, teddy bears, romantic dates at 5 star restaurants, vacation trips, etc. I married the broad about 7 years ago and we have a 4 year old. What do now? Looking for advise on surprising the lady or doing something special. Let's talk guys, we can all help each other. Let's not slack on this like we do every year.

Re: What's your valentines day looking like?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 11:54:14 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
I'm guessing a Celtics game is out of the question?  ;D

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 11:58:00 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Have you ever made her anything? Think of something she could use daily, go on youtube or find a DIY site, follow along and make it for her. Make her a jewelry box or something.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 12:01:39 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
you qualify for amnesty. Stay at home, and have her cook you a good meal.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 12:11:37 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
JSD, check out this idea: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/459015386995808352/

Building off Shak's suggestion to make something, I have back-pocketed this for a while now. They are "Open When... " letters that are just meant to be a feel-good gift. Corny? Of course, but I do think this sentimental stuff goes a long way. Gotta mix it in with the other obvious gifts.

I also bought girlfriend a Pandora necklace for her birthday and plan on getting a charm for V-Day/D-day. That's another good one... gift that keeps on giving. Whether you go with bracelet or necklace, if she likes it, you can just keep adding to it relatively inexpensively. Makes these holidays go a little smoother, I'd imagine.

Good luck, man. And don't judge me, other people. I'm here to help another man fighting the same battle. I'd like to think Crowder and Smart lay themselves out for the collective good. We fans need to be matching their intensity if we hope for a 2-4 seed :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 12:12:35 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

To keep things fresh, it would be great to do something neither one of you have done before and do it together.

Have you ever seen the water Jetbacks? Make plans to do something awesome.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 12:26:45 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I probably have the best wife for putting up with my obsessions that include poker, golf and Celtics. You would think she deserves the best night ever but she dislikes over doing Valentine's Day. We probably will spend the night home cuddling while watching a movie and I'll give her a back massage later in night. Pretty simple but that's pretty much her perfect night.

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 12:44:06 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Try something simple.  Do the laundry for a month. Do the dishes for four weeks. Cook dinner for thirty days. No need to announce, simply do them and say happy valentines month.

Give her a life that doesn't wear her down with monotony...or at least a reprieve from one that does.

Most people want the scarcest and most valuable thing in the world....time
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 01:19:26 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
take her to one of those retreats where they teach you about 4play and sex. learn some new things that will scratch her itch! You could also make an appointment with a sex therapist so it can be a little more "private."

;D

Yeah, I am a woman suggesting this, it is 2016! Live free!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 02:50:26 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
still trying to figure out when Valentines Day turned into the man giving the woman a gift. I thought it was Lover's Day, no?

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 04:27:45 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
take her to one of those retreats where they teach you about 4play and sex. learn some new things that will scratch her itch! You could also make an appointment with a sex therapist so it can be a little more "private."

;D

Yeah, I am a woman suggesting this, it is 2016! Live free!

LOL.

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 04:30:44 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
I'm guessing a Celtics game is out of the question?  ;D

Not a bad idea actually.

EDIT - not playing on the 14th

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 04:33:36 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
you qualify for amnesty. Stay at home, and have her cook you a good meal.

Yeah, hah, that's not going to fly.

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 04:34:28 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Have you ever made her anything? Think of something she could use daily, go on youtube or find a DIY site, follow along and make it for her. Make her a jewelry box or something.

JSD, check out this idea: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/459015386995808352/

Building off Shak's suggestion to make something, I have back-pocketed this for a while now. They are "Open When... " letters that are just meant to be a feel-good gift. Corny? Of course, but I do think this sentimental stuff goes a long way. Gotta mix it in with the other obvious gifts.

I also bought girlfriend a Pandora necklace for her birthday and plan on getting a charm for V-Day/D-day. That's another good one... gift that keeps on giving. Whether you go with bracelet or necklace, if she likes it, you can just keep adding to it relatively inexpensively. Makes these holidays go a little smoother, I'd imagine.

Good luck, man. And don't judge me, other people. I'm here to help another man fighting the same battle. I'd like to think Crowder and Smart lay themselves out for the collective good. We fans need to be matching their intensity if we hope for a 2-4 seed :)

Cool. I'll definitely check this out. Maybe I'll write her a song!

Never thought I would find myself on pinterest, but here I am.

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 04:37:33 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

To keep things fresh, it would be great to do something neither one of you have done before and do it together.

Have you ever seen the water Jetbacks? Make plans to do something awesome.

That's the idea of the post. Jetbacks, huh? Never even heard of it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SbrzMA5viM

Okay, looks cool, but pretty extensive. Have you actually done this?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 04:49:41 AM by JSD »