1 (1.9%)
Gordon Hayward
3 (5.8%)
Someone Nobody has been talking about
16 (30.8%)
No trades happen
8 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Which Rumor is most likely to happen  (Read 2829 times)

Re: Which Rumor is most likely to happen
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 02:21:05 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Unfortunately, I'm afraid that the most likely rumor to actually happen may be Hibbert for Lee. I'd love to do a Horford deal but it's so hard unless you can get some idea about what he sees as his future.

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 03:02:12 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I go with Teague because multiple outlets have reported that the Hawks are shopping him and they currently have a guy to replace him.

The next most likely is probably Rudy Gay, but I think teams are so wary of trading for him that he won't get enough value back for Sacramento to trade him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 03:22:20 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I think Horford is mostly of those, though I'm kinda 50/50 on that to be honest.

One one hand he's a very nice player and an immediate upgrade over any of our bigs.  His numbers aren't spectacular but they are good, and I honestly believe he's a guy who has more impact than the numbers indicate.

On the other and he's extremely injury prone and he's approaching 30 years of age - which wouldn't normally concern me that much if not for the fact that his Per 36 numbers have dropped every year now for three straight seasons. 

That suggests to me that he is on the decline, and I feel a bit concerned giving up anything of significant value for a guy who is often injured AND declining - even if he is a very nice player.

Plus there is the fact that he's on the last year of his contract, meaning any trade for him is a huge risk unless we get his word that he's willing to re-sign here.  If he is, chances are it would cost us a lot under the new cap to get him to agree as well...potentially $15 - $20M a year.

If the price is right then I'd be happy to take a gamble, but the high risk means I'd probably hesitant to give up any more than Sully, Lee's expiring and picks.

The following would work:

Jared Sullinger
David Lee
Boston 1st
Dallas 1st

for..

Al Horford
Thabo Sefolosha

Allows us to trade two bigs for one (helping to cut down on our bloated logjam up front) and also allows us to pick up another wing player, which is the area we are most short handed on.

Not confident that Atlanta would say yes to that though.

I don't really understand the Teague rumour - makes no sense to me.  We have Thomas here, and he is a legit go-to scorer, which is something we desperately need.  Teague can score, but he's not a guy who can carry your offense on a nightly basis like Thomas can, and we can't really afford to lose that.
Teague could be then flipped to Utah for you know who.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 03:38:13 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I think Horford is mostly of those, though I'm kinda 50/50 on that to be honest.

One one hand he's a very nice player and an immediate upgrade over any of our bigs.  His numbers aren't spectacular but they are good, and I honestly believe he's a guy who has more impact than the numbers indicate.

On the other and he's extremely injury prone and he's approaching 30 years of age - which wouldn't normally concern me that much if not for the fact that his Per 36 numbers have dropped every year now for three straight seasons. 

That suggests to me that he is on the decline, and I feel a bit concerned giving up anything of significant value for a guy who is often injured AND declining - even if he is a very nice player.

Plus there is the fact that he's on the last year of his contract, meaning any trade for him is a huge risk unless we get his word that he's willing to re-sign here.  If he is, chances are it would cost us a lot under the new cap to get him to agree as well...potentially $15 - $20M a year.

If the price is right then I'd be happy to take a gamble, but the high risk means I'd probably hesitant to give up any more than Sully, Lee's expiring and picks.

The following would work:

Jared Sullinger
David Lee
Boston 1st
Dallas 1st

for..

Al Horford
Thabo Sefolosha

Allows us to trade two bigs for one (helping to cut down on our bloated logjam up front) and also allows us to pick up another wing player, which is the area we are most short handed on.

Not confident that Atlanta would say yes to that though.

I don't really understand the Teague rumour - makes no sense to me.  We have Thomas here, and he is a legit go-to scorer, which is something we desperately need.  Teague can score, but he's not a guy who can carry your offense on a nightly basis like Thomas can, and we can't really afford to lose that.
Teague could be then flipped to Utah for you know who.

Why would Boston want Burke/Burks?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 03:49:58 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
If we go after Horford hard enough we should try and get Korver as well. Would be just the deadly shooter we need.

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 03:54:54 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I think the most likely outcome is for Danny to make a small move for another future pick. 

Just not seeing any reason for rumored teams to be urgent with changes.