1 (1.9%)
Gordon Hayward
3 (5.8%)
Someone Nobody has been talking about
16 (30.8%)
No trades happen
8 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Which Rumor is most likely to happen  (Read 2830 times)

Which Rumor is most likely to happen
« on: January 31, 2016, 11:11:26 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If I've forgotten someone let me know and I'll add them in. I doubt anything major happens. For the right price If love to add Anderson right now.

Re: Which Rumor is most likely to happen
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 11:14:22 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I'd say Gallinari. He's got the right combination of availability (in terms of the situation of his team warranting it), skills and fit in the Celtics system, age, value, and price.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 11:18:57 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

If I've forgotten someone let me know and I'll add them in. I doubt anything major happens. For the right price If love to add Anderson right now.

Anderson and KO are basically the same player

Cousins, Love and Griffin aren't getting traded until next off-season at the earliest  . 

I would go after Horford , you can likely get him for cheaper because he will be a free agent . He would fit perfectly next to KO .

Sully , Lee, Bradley and dallas pick for Horford .

PG: IT             / Turner
SG: Smart      / Young
SF: Crowder    / Jerebko
PF: KO             /Amir
 C: Horford      / Zeller

you can also play Crowder or Jerebko at PF to stretch the floor.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 11:48:55 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
One we never hear about until it's over, that's how DA does it!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 12:14:39 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Landing Horford would be awesome for this team right now. What a boost he would give us, great competitor, always have respected him.

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 12:53:27 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I think the Hawks have only made Teague available---this Horford talk has been coming from elsewhere...I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics line up a 3-way deal...with Lee going out.

Unless Danny can land a star player--I expect much of nothing until after the draft lottery.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 12:55:24 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I think Horford is mostly of those, though I'm kinda 50/50 on that to be honest.

One one hand he's a very nice player and an immediate upgrade over any of our bigs.  His numbers aren't spectacular but they are good, and I honestly believe he's a guy who has more impact than the numbers indicate.

On the other and he's extremely injury prone and he's approaching 30 years of age - which wouldn't normally concern me that much if not for the fact that his Per 36 numbers have dropped every year now for three straight seasons. 

That suggests to me that he is on the decline, and I feel a bit concerned giving up anything of significant value for a guy who is often injured AND declining - even if he is a very nice player.

Plus there is the fact that he's on the last year of his contract, meaning any trade for him is a huge risk unless we get his word that he's willing to re-sign here.  If he is, chances are it would cost us a lot under the new cap to get him to agree as well...potentially $15 - $20M a year.

If the price is right then I'd be happy to take a gamble, but the high risk means I'd probably hesitant to give up any more than Sully, Lee's expiring and picks.

The following would work:

Jared Sullinger
David Lee
Boston 1st
Dallas 1st

for..

Al Horford
Thabo Sefolosha

Allows us to trade two bigs for one (helping to cut down on our bloated logjam up front) and also allows us to pick up another wing player, which is the area we are most short handed on.

Not confident that Atlanta would say yes to that though.

I don't really understand the Teague rumour - makes no sense to me.  We have Thomas here, and he is a legit go-to scorer, which is something we desperately need.  Teague can score, but he's not a guy who can carry your offense on a nightly basis like Thomas can, and we can't really afford to lose that.

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 04:57:58 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I expect K-Love, Cousins and B.Griffin to all stay where they are. I do not expect Utah to break up their team so that rules out Hayward and Favors. I think Horford and Teague are tough guys to trade because of desired trade returns vs expiring contracts so I don't think they will move. Noel seems to be off the table for now as well.

I don't see any reason to pursue Ryan Anderson. Plenty of role player PFs already. No need for him. That leaves Gallo or Gay. I don't think Gay will be a target. Gay doesn't fit in with team concept that is being developed here and is not talented enough (alone) to change team concept in order to fit him in.

That leaves Gallo as the only guy out of this list that I think might actually be in play. 

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 05:02:56 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Nobody knows with the lead.

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 05:28:42 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I expect K-Love, Cousins and B.Griffin to all stay where they are. I do not expect Utah to break up their team so that rules out Hayward and Favors. I think Horford and Teague are tough guys to trade because of desired trade returns vs expiring contracts so I don't think they will move. Noel seems to be off the table for now as well.

I don't see any reason to pursue Ryan Anderson. Plenty of role player PFs already. No need for him. That leaves Gallo or Gay. I don't think Gay will be a target. Gay doesn't fit in with team concept that is being developed here and is not talented enough (alone) to change team concept in order to fit him in.

That leaves Gallo as the only guy out of this list that I think might actually be in play.
Not sure why you have Gallo ranked ahead of Anderson.  Anderson is probably the better player.  Much better 3point shooter and rebounder. 

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 05:36:39 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Not sure why you have Gallo ranked ahead of Anderson.  Anderson is probably the better player.  Much better 3point shooter and rebounder.

Gallo can defend his position. Ryan Anderson cannot.

Gallo can create his own offense. Ryan Anderson cannot.

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 07:09:27 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Can he play the four?   Because Crowder can't, except when going against small ball guys.

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 08:49:45 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Can he play the four?   Because Crowder can't, except when going against small ball guys.

Gallo is like Crowder. A SF who can play some PF.

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 08:55:14 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Should change the title of this thread.....

There's precisely two players on your list who's been rumored as on the market: Teague and Gay (who is absolutely horrible). The rest are Zach Lowe etc articles about how their teams should potentially consider moving them / what they'd look like if they did.

The Celts are included in every one because they're the one playoff team with deep trade assets. But none of these teams appear to be actively shopping the players noted, while many are very clearly NOT trading said guys.

I'm beginning to believe this will be a quiet trade deadline for star-ish movement. Cap going up just makes it less important to cut bait on guys who would have been dumped in the past.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 02:11:12 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Gallonari slight lead among players. More votes.