Author Topic: Would you trade 7 draft picks+ Bradley for Heywood, No Brooklyn pick.  (Read 916 times)

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Crazy Idea I know. I thought of it while reading Eddie20 and Larbrd exchange blows.

I get the keep the Brooklyn pick obviously, but If Danny could swing it, and Gordon was basically agreeing to stay here long term would you trade The two mediocre Firsts and all five seconds this year Bradley and filler for Hayward. Is that a grocery Overpay.

I do think That Thomas, Hayward, Crowder, Smart would be awesome together. If we landed Simmons with the Nets pick it's on, Ingram its really nice, even Bender would be a great addition.

Kelly
 Bender
 Crowder
 Hayward
 Thomas

That's a nightmare offense to play against once Bender improves. And with Amir, Smart, Rozier, Mickey, plenty of defense on the team as well.

Stevens coaching Thomas and G.H. backcourt would be Lethal, if we got Simmons oh my god would that be fun to watch.

Three Elite ball handlers and Passers, plus Kellys no slouch and Crowder can do a little of everything.

Kelly-Amir
 Simmons-Jonas or FA
 Crowder-Turner maybe or Hunter
 Gordon-Smart
 Thomas-Rozier

That team wins 55 next year.

Re: Would you trade 7 draft picks+ Bradley for Heywood, No Brooklyn pick.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 02:24:53 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
No way I'd give up 2 firsts+AB for Hayward, never mind if you throw in the Philly and Wolves' picks
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 02:37:46 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
No way.
Either Hayward, Bradley or Crowder would have to come off the bench.

Hayward is going to want $20 million a year.

I just don't get the fascination with this slightly.above average player. He's not excellent at anything, isn't a lock down defender and is going to be way overpaid soon.

Hayward is not coming to Boston.
The main reason we know this is because Danny Ainge has repeatedly said we want transcendent players in large salary spots.
$20 million on Gordon Hayward is not a modern day Danny Ainge move.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 02:46:07 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I think I should exclude Bradley just the whole entire draft besides the Brooklyn pick.

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 03:19:00 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
No way.
Either Hayward, Bradley or Crowder would have to come off the bench.

Hayward is going to want $20 million a year.

I just don't get the fascination with this slightly.above average player. He's not excellent at anything, isn't a lock down defender and is going to be way overpaid soon.

Hayward is not coming to Boston.
The main reason we know this is because Danny Ainge has repeatedly said we want transcendent players in large salary spots.
$20 million on Gordon Hayward is not a modern day Danny Ainge move.

Really?  He's playing pretty fantastic this year, I think he's genuinely made a leap.  I also think that Brad would have a transcendent effect on him in particular, since he's already coached him before.  I would really like to give up those 7 picks and keep the BK pick for him, I think he's a stud. 

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 05:16:18 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Hayward is certainly worth it, the only problem is his salary
i think he is good enough for at least a 3rd star so i will do it