Author Topic: Harford & Teague? (Merged trade idea threads)  (Read 4174 times)

Re: Celtics inquire about availability Horford and Teague
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2016, 11:04:24 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
In his last five games Horford is averaging 13 points and 7 rebounds in 34 minutes.
Rather pedestrian numbers.
I'll pass.

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2016, 11:19:37 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
In his last five games Horford is averaging 13 points and 7 rebounds in 34 minutes.
I'll pass.

Rather small sample.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2016, 11:32:15 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
I wouldn't give up too much for Al Horford, his rebounding has been on a steady decline the last few years, he has moved his game further and further away from the basket.He rates 75th in the league in rebounding per 48 minutes currently.
When you are the starting center on a team that rates dead last in rebounding by a wide margin that speaks volumes to me.If the Celtics were to only give away a late first and possibly Sullinger and filler, I wouldn't mind added him for the stretch run.Not sure I would want Ainge committing any long term money in the guy though for the price he is going to be asking.

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2016, 11:37:32 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I'll pass.

Atlanta is punting on the season, it's pretty clear that it's in both Horford and the team's best interest to not go all out and risk injury.

Al Horford is a known commodity and does exactly what is asked of pf/c's in this system, he's a floor spacer and has the kind of even keel personality type that Stevens covets. If we acquire Horford I think that makes us a contender for Joakim Noah next year too.

IT/Rozier
Smart/Hunter
Crowder/Young/2016 pick(Denzel Valentine?)
Horford/Olynyk
Noah/Mickey

I also think Teague and picks is exactly the kind of return Utah is looking for Gordon Hayword. Sets them right at pg and let's Dante Exum take over the creative wing spot next year. Olynyk might need to be included in that deal since Utah was allegedly high on him in the pre draft process.

The Jazz put Kelly Olynyk through a workout... The guards do something called "The Jazz 100": It's a hundred three-point shots in a short period of time, taking ten from ten different spots in ten different manners on the floor, so some can be coming off a pick and roll, some can be spot-ups where it's kick out to you... For the big guys, they have them do a drill where they take [18-footers]... However, with Kelly Olynyk, the Jazz... had him take threes... [Olynyk told me] no other team had him take more than five threes by the time he had come to Salt Lake City. His next spot, by the way, leaving Salt Lake was to go to Boston... In the workout for the Jazz, Olynyk hits, I think it was, 63 of 100 threes which was like the second-most amount of threes that anyone hit.

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2016, 12:29:07 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I also think Teague and picks is exactly the kind of return Utah is looking for Gordon Hayword. Sets them right at pg and let's Dante Exum take over the creative wing spot next year. Olynyk might need to be included in that deal since Utah was allegedly high on him in the pre draft process.

TP...I suggested involving the Jazz for Hayward and Teague to them on another Cs board. Hayward has a year and a half left on his contract. Utah isn't winning anytime soon. We all know Hayward's connection to Stevens.

Hope Hawks don't deal directly with Jazz and cut us out.

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2016, 12:37:37 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

TP...I suggested involving the Jazz for Hayward and Teague to them on another Cs board. Hayward has a year and a half left on his contract. Utah isn't winning anytime soon. We all know Hayward's connection to Stevens.

Is Hayward really that much of an upgrade over the 3 players we have on the perimeter?

Crowder, Smart and Bradley.

Unless we are moving AB in the trade to clear up minutes, I don't like the move.

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2016, 12:44:45 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell

Is Hayward really that much of an upgrade over the 3 players we have on the perimeter?

Unless we are moving AB in the trade to clear up minutes, I don't like the move.

I was going under the assumption that Bradley gets moved in either the Atlanta or Utah deal. Both teams could use him. Hayword may be flawed but he's a complete player and probably one of the top 5 max guys who'd consider resigning here long term due to the obvious Stevens connection.

Re: Harford & Teague? (Merged trade idea threads)
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2016, 12:47:56 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Smartacus,

I would rather keep the rotation the way it is. I see Smart taking AB's starting role eventually. You throw Hayward in there and it gets much dicier.

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2016, 12:53:21 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Yes, he's a clear upgrade over all those, more importantly over Turner. More than that, he can play alongside all of them, and you can clear-up more minutes for him by using Crowder more at the 4.

Bradley is playing 34 minutes a game as it is, he'd be better served in the upper 20s. Jerebko is playing 15 minutes a game, those can be easily reduced to accommodate better players.

He also brings playmaking with him, so Turner's role will not be missed.

So in essence, you'd only need a few minutes reduction to Bradley, give him all of Turner's and some, if not all, of Jerebko's minutes to Crowder and you'll be able to make it work.

Of course, we're working on the assumption that he can be acquired while keeping all them. I'm not so sure.

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2016, 12:55:44 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Atlanta is punting on the season, it's pretty clear that it's in both Horford and the team's best interest to not go all out and risk injury.

They're leading their division, and on pace for more than 50 wins. How are they punting on the season?

If the Hawks trade Teague, it's not a "reset" move; it means Atlanta thinks Schroder is ready to be a full-time PG. Meanwhile, the Hawks will look to get value for Teague, not fire sale him.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2016, 01:08:55 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell

They're leading their division, and on pace for more than 50 wins. How are they punting on the season?

If the Hawks trade Teague, it's not a "reset" move; it means Atlanta thinks Schroder is ready to be a full-time PG. Meanwhile, the Hawks will look to get value for Teague, not fire sale him.

Alright sorry for my word choice, didn't mean to imply they were throwing the season. But just like in football a punt doesn't mean your throwing the game it means your reassessing for better postioning to score in the future.

If they trade Teague IMO that would signal taking a step backwards in this season to get Schroeder the run and experience he'll need to be their pg of the future. Just think they'll be growing pains with Schroeder as the starter.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:20:20 PM by Smartacus »

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2016, 01:19:36 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
KeepRondo,

I agree that Smart will take AB's role but I don't view acuiring Hayword as an impediment to that. Smart and Haywood have very different approaches to the game. If anything IMO Haywood would enable Smart to focus on defense and scoring.

Don't think that any of the moves I suggested are just reaching for the shiny toys on the market. Hayword and Horford are both guys that make sense for this team long term without changing locker room culture or the structure of the system.

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2016, 01:36:15 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Yes, he's a clear upgrade over all those, more importantly over Turner. More than that, he can play alongside all of them, and you can clear-up more minutes for him by using Crowder more at the 4.

Bradley is playing 34 minutes a game as it is, he'd be better served in the upper 20s. Jerebko is playing 15 minutes a game, those can be easily reduced to accommodate better players.

He also brings playmaking with him, so Turner's role will not be missed.

So in essence, you'd only need a few minutes reduction to Bradley, give him all of Turner's and some, if not all, of Jerebko's minutes to Crowder and you'll be able to make it work.

Of course, we're working on the assumption that he can be acquired while keeping all them. I'm not so sure.
I don't know if Crowder can keep up this pace but if he can, I would think he has slightly higher value than Hayward. AB has less value but he's not that far off from Hayward's value. And Smart needs room to grow on the team.

Also, Turner and Jerebko share floor time so you can't give both of their minutes to Hayward.

I do however like your small ball idea with Crowder at the four. That might ultimately cut into Olynyk's minutes who has been impressing lately.

I guess I'm circling back to AB would have to go which would suck. Or if he does stay, there would be a logjam of minutes unless Smart or AB take 15-20 minutes.