Author Topic: If the Clippers lose in the first round, what would Boston offer for Griffin?  (Read 700 times)

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
He could expire on them at the end of next season if he uses his option.

How many/which picks?

We could offer 2 late firsts (DAL 2016, BOS 2016) and the 2016 BKN pick, as well as a 20.1 million trade exception for Blake.  Given that the cap is estimated to be 90 million next season, that could leave us with:

IT / Smart / Rozier
Bradley / Turner / Hunter
Crowder / Jerebko / Young
Griffin / Sully / Mickey
Johnson / KO / vet min. or 2nd rounder

Basically let Sully test RFA to find out his worth, and then sign some combination of Sully/Turner/Zeller with the remaining 18.3 million (we could also give up on Young if we feel it's time and free up an additional 1.8 million).  Or LA could ask for some combination of players and picks, which would give us plenty of cap space.  This is just the minimum I'd give up, if LA wanted to negotiate, I'm willing to give up more.

Bottom line is, we have pretty good flexibility when it comes to adding a max player and basically retaining our entire roster (minus Lee, and possibly Zeller/Young).  Whether it's a trade or a signing, make it happen!
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Bill Simmons and Joe House had a podcast yesterday where they suggested it would take at least Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder and the 2016 Brooklyn 1st... and that Boston should do it if given the opportunity.

Zach Lowe had a similar idea, though I think he had the two future Brooklyn 1sts instead of the 2016 1st and he also included Sullinger.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
He could expire on them at the end of next season if he uses his option.

How many/which picks?

We could offer 2 late firsts (DAL 2016, BOS 2016) and the 2016 BKN pick, as well as a 20.1 million trade exception for Blake.  Given that the cap is estimated to be 90 million next season, that could leave us with:

IT / Smart / Rozier
Bradley / Turner / Hunter
Crowder / Jerebko / Young
Griffin / Sully / Mickey
Johnson / KO / vet min. or 2nd rounder

Basically let Sully test RFA to find out his worth, and then sign some combination of Sully/Turner/Zeller with the remaining 18.3 million (we could also give up on Young if we feel it's time and free up an additional 1.8 million).  Or LA could ask for some combination of players and picks, which would give us plenty of cap space.  This is just the minimum I'd give up, if LA wanted to negotiate, I'm willing to give up more.

Bottom line is, we have pretty good flexibility when it comes to adding a max player and basically retaining our entire roster (minus Lee, and possibly Zeller/Young).  Whether it's a trade or a signing, make it happen!

why would Clippers do that deal?

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Sully and ET

;D