Author Topic: Vague Gallo rumor  (Read 7028 times)

Re: Vague Gallo rumor
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2016, 08:04:38 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
"Multiple offers" + "nothing there"

In other words those multiple offers have consisted of ten different permutations of "David Lee plus other garbage."

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2016, 08:08:15 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Or Jerebko plus garbage

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2016, 08:19:03 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Gallo can officially be traded on Monday, but I've heard a counter argument that ainge is unlikely to move for a Gallo-level talent, because it makes it impossible for us to sign two max guys this summer.  The idea being that ainge wants to try to at least pitch Durant and horford on joining forces on a quality team that already has one allstar (Thomas), prob just made the playoffs and very possibly has a decent rookie acquired from the lotto pick from Brooklyn (which maybe can be used to trade for one more major piece).

I do think Gallo is a bit overrated around here.  His shooting percentages aren't great. He's super injury prone. How is he defensively ?

I can see any one of these guys being made available at the deadline:  Hayward, Middleton, Tobias Harris and Gallo... They all make some sense here.  Gallo is probably the one I'm least interested in. And I can see the logic in just waiting until this summer to see what's up.
I rarely agree with you but this is spot on.  TP

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2016, 08:43:15 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The problem I have with acquiring Gallo is that I think he really belongs at the 4 and couldn't play alongside any of the big men we currently have on the team.
That's not a problem with Galllinari, it's a problem with our big rotation :)

I mean, it's an issue with both.  He's a nice player, but not good enough or young enough to justify having to put an entire set of new big men around him in order to justify playing him 25+ minutes.

Don't get me wrong, we need a drastically revamped big rotation to get anywhere in the post-season.
You don't really need a new set in my view, just a real big -- which you're going to need whether or not Gallinari is on your team.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."