Author Topic: Vague Gallo rumor  (Read 7005 times)

Re: Vague Gallo rumor
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2016, 05:37:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The problem I have with acquiring Gallo is that I think he really belongs at the 4 and couldn't play alongside any of the big men we currently have on the team.
That's not a problem with Galllinari, it's a problem with our big rotation :)

I mean, it's an issue with both.  He's a nice player, but not good enough or young enough to justify having to put an entire set of new big men around him in order to justify playing him 25+ minutes.

Don't get me wrong, we need a drastically revamped big rotation to get anywhere in the post-season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2016, 06:10:21 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
The problem I have with acquiring Gallo is that I think he really belongs at the 4 and couldn't play alongside any of the big men we currently have on the team.

I mean, it's an issue with both.  He's a nice player, but not good enough or young enough to justify having to put an entire set of new big men around him in order to justify playing him 25+ minutes.

Don't get me wrong, we need a drastically revamped big rotation to get anywhere in the post-season.

You make it sound as though he's a defensive liability. He's not.

Moving his feet, using his length vs Curry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiGmVPW7ztA
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:20:28 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2016, 06:48:55 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

I don't understand the shade on his D.
Guy is a competitor on both sides of the ball. He knows how to defend, knows how to use his athletic ability to hold his own against most opponents.

I think people look at Gallo and see an amalgam of soft white Ero guys not an actual individual basketball player.

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2016, 06:55:23 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
he is a great player that is still young, and gets to the line at ease. worth a look.

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2016, 06:55:57 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Put me down as a fan of the Gallo rumor. I also like Ariza though.

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2016, 06:56:36 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I don't understand the shade on his D.
Guy is a competitor on both sides of the ball. He knows how to defend, knows how to use his athletic ability to hold his own against most opponents.

I think people look at Gallo and see an amalgam of soft white Ero guys not an actual individual basketball player.

That's actually right. People see him as a turnstile on D, spot up shooter who struggles to create his own shot. So far from the truth.

The guy is not only a solid defender (gives effort, is athletic, moves his feet well and uses his length), but is a really good scorer that creates his own shot and draws a lot of fouls.

He's 5th in the league in FTA per game (shooting 87.4% on them), which is higher than Westbrook, Durant, LeBron, George, A. Davis, Melo, etc.

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2016, 07:11:58 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think Gallo would be a nice piece to add to our unit, and give us another 5 plus wins per year, and give us a shot at winning the Eastern Conference.   It's a pipe dream to try to get two max players during the off season. The Knicks could not pull that off, how are we going to?  Our rebuild this time is different from it was in '07,when we caught lighting in a bottle. We have put together some decent pieces. Gallo would be one more decent piece.  We will get another decent piece in this coming draft.   That is how I see us rebuilding. One brick at a time.  In 3-4 years when GS starts to slow down, it will be our time. I am a patient man.

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2016, 07:13:54 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
CSNCeltics ‏@csnceltics  1m1 minute ago
Could #Celtics make a trade with #Nuggets for Danilo Gallinari? @ChrisMannixYS: "I've been told there's nothing there."

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2016, 07:22:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Could #Celtics make a trade with #Nuggets for Danilo Gallinari? @ChrisMannixYS: "I've been told there's nothing there."

Relief

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2016, 07:26:22 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

Huh ?

Which is it ?

Mannix just got done saying Celtics have made "multiple offers" for Danilo Gallinari. Then @SherrodbCSN said he thinks it'll happen eventually.

What in the world ?

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2016, 07:28:51 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
@Jimmy_Toscano

So @ChrisMannixYS just said Celtics have made "multiple offers" for Danilo Gallinari. @SherrodbCSN said he thinks it'll happen eventually.

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2016, 07:31:19 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
@Jimmy_Toscano

So @ChrisMannixYS just said Celtics have made "multiple offers" for Danilo Gallinari. @SherrodbCSN said he thinks it'll happen eventually.

That seals it, it's not going to happen. If Sherrod says it will happen, it won't!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2016, 07:32:26 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
What are we going to have to give up?

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2016, 07:33:51 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Sherrod has been terrible in the past.  He and Mannix both.  The Asik rumors. Embiid etc..  They seem to be making sense though here to me. 

I just don't understand what we are giving up for Gallo.  Trading Sully for him makes no sense.  It would have to be a pick and lee's contract.

Some team will probably offer more than that.  But maybe not. If I were Ainge i would stick with that and maybe sweeten it. Compared to other free agents this offseason Gallo is what we want.

Trade for Gallo and resign both he and Sully this offseason and draft. They are better than any free agent we could get.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:41:15 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2016, 07:58:23 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
It's probably bs though.  Sully really could be a galinari offensive player with better rebounding and defense.  It's like Ryan Anderson to KO to me. The C's shouldn't stunt their own players growth too much.  We have KO and Sully and Crowder.  Gallo could help and go with those guys, but we need to be careful there.   What we really need is a center imo.  I'd give up a pick and Lee   for Gallo most likely though.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 08:09:23 PM by walker834 »