Author Topic: Hayward for IT4.  (Read 3465 times)

Hayward for IT4.
« on: January 27, 2016, 11:29:06 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Add salary filler and maybe a late first round pick, and I think this is a fair deal for all.
I'll just paste in what i said from another thread:

I think a lot of people have this Zach Lowe proposal twisted a bit.
The whole premise of selling Hayward was because of how similar he and Rodney Hood are. Keeping in mind that they're in desperate need for a PG, why has no one brought up trading IT4??

I love Isaiah, but i'm taking another versatile wing ANY DAY. Gordon can score just enough to compensate for the IT4's absence, and defensively Gordon is not the liability that IT4 is. As for our own pg situation, hey it's sink or swim for Smartacus.

As for Utah, their pg situation is terrible. Trey Burke is 15th in Starting PG scoring (12ppg) and 26th in assists (2.7).  If Rodney Hood is their cheap scoring wing of the future, while also keeping those giants in the paint, they would welcome Isaiah Thomas with open arms.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: Hayward for IT4.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 11:30:39 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Pass.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 11:34:24 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Yes, I would definitely do that. Hayward fits a greater need for a wing, which happens to be a position that is now pretty scarce across the league.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 11:36:50 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
Yes, I would definitely do that. Hayward fits a greater need for a wing, which happens to be a position that is now pretty scarce across the league.
Do you think Utah would?
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 11:39:12 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Thomas AND a pick for Hayward? If anything, Utah should be the one sending more value, since they're getting a better player on a better contract.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 11:41:53 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
Thomas AND a pick for Hayward? If anything, Utah should be the one sending more value, since they're getting a better player on a better contract.

Agree. Emphasis on the Maybe part.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 11:42:04 AM »

Offline GryphMinuteMan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
Interesting proposal. Seems pretty fair actually. It would open up the chance for Smart to start at PG again.

PG Smart
SG Bradley
SF Haywood
PF Crowder
C Johnson

Quite the small ball lineup. Still not sure I would do it though.

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 11:42:27 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Or Utah could keep Hayward, and wait for Exum to recover from his injury.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 11:43:07 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I don't think either franchise will do that. Hayward and IT are big fan favorites for both their clubs. Though the talent is equal it still effects the ticket sales.

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 11:44:52 AM »

Offline GryphMinuteMan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7

I wonder how confident they are in Exum in his abilities. I know he's still young, but he's shown next to nothing so far.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 11:45:02 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
good proposal; and you have a point about IT -- he isn't in many trade ideas at all around here...

that said, it feels like the C's giving up the best player in this deal.  It's close enough, and the whole Brad/Hayward thing is enticing -- but its problematic that we'd have to add more salary to this deal to make it work.  now all the sudden, and we'd have to add someone like Jonas (or Turner/Zeller?) into the deal to make it work.  that's where I'd pause.  if we're giving up the best player, and several useful role players -- then some kind of draft futures ought to be coming back along with Hayward.  not sure that's at all what Utah wants out of a Hayward trade. 

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 11:47:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Yes

Rozier in time will become IT4 part 2. But longer

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 11:47:19 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
good proposal; and you have a point about IT -- he isn't in many trade ideas at all around here...
There's a reason for that -- he's a good value contract. Good front offices don't trade value contracts in lateral moves.

In this particular case, this is clearly a lateral move -- talent is, at best, equal, and we have a firmly entrenched starter at the SF position.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 11:48:51 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

I wonder how confident they are in Exum in his abilities. I know he's still young, but he's shown next to nothing so far.

Probably because he's missed an entire season to injury.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 11:49:21 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I would do this, and I agree it is good value for both.  We would have to add more players for the salaries to match.

Maybe add a right to swap a Boston pick with a Utah pick?