Author Topic: Trade Idea: Washington SF  (Read 969 times)

Trade Idea: Washington SF
« on: January 26, 2016, 09:53:12 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
With the Wizards struggling I think they are a team we should consider as an ideal trade partner.  I would love the Celtics to get a guy like Gordon Hayward, but they would have to give up a lot for him.  The Wizard have two SF's in Dudley and Porter who could both fit our system and could probably be had for a lot less.

Anyone like these guys as targets, and if so, what would you give up for them?

For what it's worth the Wizards could use some bigs, and  a Jonas for Dudley swap would work based on salary.  I think something like Sully for Porter would also work.  Just a thought as they seem like a realistic trade partner for our team.  Nothing franchise altering, but it could help balance our roster.

Thoughts on a trade with the Wizards?

Re: Trade Idea: Washington SF
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 10:07:58 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I might be interested in a guy like Porter but I don't think Dudley adds anything to this squad.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 10:09:30 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I might be interested in a guy like Porter but I don't think Dudley adds anything to this squad.

He can shoot, but so can Jonas. I'd probably do Turner and Zeller for Dudley and a second or something like that.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 10:36:08 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1773
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Dudley strikes me as a Stevens kind-of guy and I think the Wizards only traded a protected 2nd to get him. He probably could be had for relatively cheap.

Porter still has another year before he gets paid and I am not sure if he is worth paying a lot of money to. He seemed to be on an upward trajectory ending last year and he certainly still has the potential to make an impact in this league, but he may be more expensive than Ainge would like.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 06:50:15 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Dudley would be a great fit in my opinion.  Really good shooter, especially from 3.  He has also spoken very highly of Stevens.

Would be a great rotational player behind Crowder.

I would not want to give up Jonas, he plays hard and has that second year as a team option.  Would definitely give up Turner though.