Author Topic: Trade Idea for Gordon Hayward  (Read 2513 times)

Trade Idea for Gordon Hayward
« on: January 26, 2016, 08:02:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To Jazz: James Young, RJ Hunter, Zeller,Lee,  2 2015 1sts (top 5 protected), 2 2nd round picks (early)

To Celtics: Neto, withey, Johnson, Hayward

Celtics lineup

Amir
KO
Hayward
AB
IT

Sullinger/Withey
Jerebko/Mickey
Crowder
Turner
Smart/Rozier

Re: Trade Idea for Gordon Hayward
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 08:04:12 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Tell me why Utah would given up their rising young star for a bucket of bolts. Even top5 protected picks are not valuable enough.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 08:09:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Tell me why Utah would given up their rising young star for a bucket of bolts. Even top5 protected picks are not valuable enough.

because the Jazz might blow it up.

Hayward for how much he gets paid and how much dependency there has been on him, he hasn't been able to lead/carry the Jazz to where they want to be

Jazz can start new and trade Hayward ,  Favors

Sign Gobert, Burke to decent deals next. 

On the other hand Hayward is the type of guy the doctor ordered for the Celts.  A #2 type guy that can have big games (when for example when IT is having an off game).  Hayward is also a good scorer with less than 5 min left in the game

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 08:10:53 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Hayward for how much he gets paid and how much dependency there has been on him, he hasn't been able to lead/carry the Jazz to where they want to be

On the other hand Hayward is the type of guy the doctor ordered for the Celts.  A #2 type guy that can have big games (when for example when IT is having an off game).  Hayward is also a good scorer with less than 5 min left in the game

They're going to ship out their core of talented, young players to try and get what? A chance at new talented, young players?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 08:17:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

They're going to ship out their core of talented, young players to try and get what? A chance at new talented, young players?

its not working. how long you going to wait? how many new coaches to ring in?

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 08:19:55 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

its not working. how long you going to wait? how many new coaches to ring in?

I'd wait for everyone to be healthy. Gobert and Favors have played 14 games together this year. Exum has missed the entire year. Burks has missed most of the year.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 08:20:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
jazz can increase their chances at simmons too this way

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 08:21:35 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
jazz can increase their chances at simmons too this way

They're not trying to get Simmons. They're trying to fight their way into the playoffs on the backs of their young players.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 08:37:07 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
If I were to deal with the Jazz, my main target would be Derrick Favors. I'm not sure him and Gobert can play together and they seem to love Trey Lyles. I love the idea of Favors starting at C for us.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 08:50:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
If I were to deal with the Jazz, my main target would be Derrick Favors. I'm not sure him and Gobert can play together and they seem to love Trey Lyles. I love the idea of Favors starting at C for us.

So much of everything except has a weak motor.

No thanks

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 11:36:16 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Please repeat after me the Jazz aren't going to trade Hayward unless they are blown away with a deal (and even then still might not do it).  The trade you offer is laughable.  Maybe 25 cents on the dollar value wise not to mention a trade that would really upset their fan base.

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 12:25:34 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I think a lot of people have this Zach Lowe proposal twisted a bit.
The whole premise of selling Hayward was because of how similar he and Rodney Hood are. Keeping in mind that they're in desperate need for a PG, why has no one brought up trading IT4??

I love Isaiah, but i'm taking another versatile wing ANY DAY. Gordon can score just enough to compensate for the IT4's absence, and defensively Gordon is not the liability that IT4 is. As for our own pg situation, hey it's sink or swim for Smartacus.

As for Utah, their pg situation is terrible. Trey Burke is 15th in Starting PG scoring (12ppg) and 26th in assists (2.7).  If Rodney Hood is their cheap scoring wing of the future, while also keeping those giants in the paint, they would welcome Isaiah Thomas with open arms. 
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens