Author Topic: Mozgov and Hayward  (Read 2022 times)

Mozgov and Hayward
« on: January 26, 2016, 12:34:35 PM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
How about this :

3 teams trade:

BOS  : Gets : Mozgov + Hayward.  Gives: Lee + Tuner + Rozier + 1st and 2nd Round picks to Jazz and Young + 2 2nd round picks to Cavs
CAVS : Gets : Thibor Pleiss + Young + 2 2nd rounders from Cs. Gives : Mozgov to Celtics.
JAZZ : Gets : Lee + Turner + Rozier + 1st and 2nd round picks from Cs. Gives : Hayward to Cs and Thibor Pleiss to Cavs.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hqu4gj5

Draft :
BKN pick : Jaylen Brown
BOS pick : Caris Levert

Thomas - Smart - Levert
Bradley - Hayward - Hunter
Crowder - Brown - Jerebko
Olynyk - Mickey - Jonhson
Sully - Mozgov - Zeller

We can have great Offensive and Defensive lineups with those guys...

What do you guys think...?

Re: Mozgov and Hayward
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:37:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
i think both the Cavs and Utah hang up the phones.

we're getting back the 2 best players involved.  Not sure which 1st you intend to give to Utah but I can't see them moving Hayward for less than a Nets pick and he's definitely not worth one of those.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 12:53:09 PM »

Offline ChiCeltics

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4
I'm a huge Hayward fan, but I don't see why the Jazz would do this.  Why would they trade a young all-star caliber 2 way player for a rotation player (Turner), a low-value rookie (Rozier), filler (Lee), and a mid-first round pick? 

If we could get him, I would be thrilled to trade Bradley, Rozier, Zeller, Young, and the Mavs and C's own pick from this year. 

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 01:09:27 PM »

Offline GryphMinuteMan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
The only possible way we get Hayward is by including the Brooklyn pick and Smart or Crowder in some sort of package.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 01:15:36 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I like Hayward. I would love to have him on the Celtics. But it won't happen. Not because Utah won't trade him but because he doesn't carry that much value to the Celtics.

Like everyone else, I believe Hayward would cost the Nets pick and he's not worth it. But let's assume Utah agreed to take the Boston, Dallas 2016 picks and the Nets pick from 2018. What did we gain?

Hayward is a (PER 36) 25 year old 20 point, 5 board, 4 assist player who shoots 37% from 3 and plays meh defense who is signed for one more year at $16m before becoming a UFA with his player option. An excellent player but one who can't carry a team.

And the guy he'd be replacing? Jae Crowder. And that's the problem. Crowder is a (PER 36) 25 year old 16 point, 6 board, 2 assist player who shoots 37% from 3 and plays great defense who is signed for 4 more years @ $7m each.

There's no doubt that Hayward is the better player. But by how much? The difference is not THAT great and certainly not enough to justify multiple 1st round picks plus the salary difference plus the term of service. So to move Hayward, it would have to be something like Crowder + Dallas 2016 first + a couple of 2nd rounders because from the Celtics' standpoint that's all he's worth to this team. That deal would be likely roundly rejected by Utah because they can get more value elsewhere.

It's all a matter of value to the team folks and Hayward doesn't have it for these Celtics.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 01:20:43 PM »

Offline GryphMinuteMan

• Joe Mazzulla
How about Bradley, Sullinger, Jerebko and Brooklyn pick for Hayward?

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 01:23:22 PM »

Offline GryphMinuteMan

• Joe Mazzulla
I think he's worth the Nets pick. He's a future all-star in this league. Those don't exactly grow on trees. The only guy in the draft I would rather have then Hayward is Simmons. I have doubts that Ingram will ever be as good as Hayward.

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 01:23:53 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I still like this deal for Hayward, keep those BKL picks...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=znag5uf

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 01:30:01 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I still like this deal for Hayward, keep those BKL picks...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=znag5uf

Utah getting robbed...can't reach your logic why would they want injured Rose???

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 01:34:38 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I like Hayward. I would love to have him on the Celtics. But it won't happen. Not because Utah won't trade him but because he doesn't carry that much value to the Celtics.

Like everyone else, I believe Hayward would cost the Nets pick and he's not worth it. But let's assume Utah agreed to take the Boston, Dallas 2016 picks and the Nets pick from 2018. What did we gain?

Hayward is a (PER 36) 25 year old 20 point, 5 board, 4 assist player who shoots 37% from 3 and plays meh defense who is signed for one more year at $16m before becoming a UFA with his player option. An excellent player but one who can't carry a team.

And the guy he'd be replacing? Jae Crowder. And that's the problem. Crowder is a (PER 36) 25 year old 16 point, 6 board, 2 assist player who shoots 37% from 3 and plays great defense who is signed for 4 more years @ $7m each.

There's no doubt that Hayward is the better player. But by how much? The difference is not THAT great and certainly not enough to justify multiple 1st round picks plus the salary difference plus the term of service. So to move Hayward, it would have to be something like Crowder + Dallas 2016 first + a couple of 2nd rounders because from the Celtics' standpoint that's all he's worth to this team. That deal would be likely roundly rejected by Utah because they can get more value elsewhere.

It's all a matter of value to the team folks and Hayward doesn't have it for these Celtics.

I think this nails it.  Unless they believe they can start Hayward at SG next to Crowder and IT/Smart.

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 01:41:35 PM »

Offline GryphMinuteMan

• Joe Mazzulla

2016-2017
PG Thomas
SG Hayward
SF Crowder
PF Olynyk
C Horford

PG Smart
PF Johnson
C Nene
SG Hunter
PG Rozier
PF Mickey
SF Young

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 01:43:13 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

2016-2017
PG Thomas
SG Hayward
SF Crowder
PF Olynyk
C Horford

PG Smart
PF Johnson
C Nene
SG Hunter
PG Rozier
PF Mickey
SF Young

Way way way too much for Hayward.  Way!

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 01:47:34 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

2016-2017
PG Thomas
SG Hayward
SF Crowder
PF Olynyk
C Horford

PG Smart
PF Johnson
C Nene
SG Hunter
PG Rozier
PF Mickey
SF Young

Agree, that's too much.

Generally I would be ok with trading either one in of these players in any trade: Tyler, Zeller, Turner, Lee, Sully, Johnson, Young and Jerebko. The rest is core.

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 01:51:33 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

I think this nails it.  Unless they believe they can start Hayward at SG next to Crowder and IT/Smart.

*ahem*, that's what TPs are for.  :)
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 01:52:36 PM »

Offline GryphMinuteMan

• Joe Mazzulla

2016-2017
PG Thomas
SG Hayward
SF Crowder
PF Olynyk
C Horford

PG Smart
PF Johnson
C Nene
SG Hunter
PG Rozier
PF Mickey
SF Young

Agree, that's too much.

Generally I would be ok with trading either one in of these players in any trade: Tyler, Zeller, Turner, Lee, Sully, Johnson, Young and Jerebko. The rest is core.

I disagree. But I guess that's why we have these boards. I do feel like many people here overrate our players.