Author Topic: the emergence of KO  (Read 8841 times)

Re: the emergence of KO
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2016, 01:18:17 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
This is the second place I've seen this so I will call out the ignorance. KO and Galo are completely different players. You compare them because they are both white. While KO has been great as of late Galo is a far superior offensive player and exactly what this team needs. Galo can get too the line and create on his own and can get too the line. He has more FT attempts then IT2 and more then 3 times as many as KO. So just cause he's white and over 6-5 doesn't mean he's remotely the Same player as Kelly.

Please no Gallinari .

Keep ball n KO.

You're right to point out that they are different players.  Gallinari is the primary scorer on his team, whereas KO is a bench/role player.  KO's shooting numbers are more efficient, but that may be because Gallo gets more defensive attention.  By DRPM KO is a much better defender.  By ORPM Gallinari is a much better offensive player.

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2016, 02:00:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I've been a fan of KO for a while.  His shooting has always been very intriguing.  His per-36 numbers suggested he could get you 17 and 7 with enough minutes.  Problem was finding him minutes.  We had a lot of other mediocre power forwards and not enough time to play all of them. 

But it seemed super clear to me that at some point he'd get consistent starter minutes somewhere, he'd find more of a rhythm and his role would become more defined.   We still haven't seen that yet...  He's averaging 22 minutes this month.  I don't really get the premise of this thread.  His per-36 minute numbers are as good as they've always been.  His 3P shooting percentage is a bit higher than the last couple years.  His raw stats last season were basically identical beyond that.   

I'm still waiting to see him inevitably get more minutes on this team or elsewhere.  He's a solid offensive player.  It will eventually happen.  I've heard that Ainge loves Olynyk.  I have a hard time imagining us keeping Sullinger long-term.  I think Olynyk will get a bigger opportunity eventually... maybe next month if we move Sully. 

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2016, 02:33:01 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
If only K.O. could avoid so many fouls---seems the refs target this guy....they let other players get away with some really physical play---Olynyk grazes a player-and it's a Foul.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2016, 03:05:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I've been a fan of KO for a while.  His shooting has always been very intriguing.  His per-36 numbers suggested he could get you 17 and 7 with enough minutes.  Problem was finding him minutes.  We had a lot of other mediocre power forwards and not enough time to play all of them. 

But it seemed super clear to me that at some point he'd get consistent starter minutes somewhere, he'd find more of a rhythm and his role would become more defined.   We still haven't seen that yet...  He's averaging 22 minutes this month.  I don't really get the premise of this thread.  His per-36 minute numbers are as good as they've always been.  His 3P shooting percentage is a bit higher than the last couple years.  His raw stats last season were basically identical beyond that.   

I'm still waiting to see him inevitably get more minutes on this team or elsewhere.  He's a solid offensive player.  It will eventually happen.  I've heard that Ainge loves Olynyk.  I have a hard time imagining us keeping Sullinger long-term.  I think Olynyk will get a bigger opportunity eventually... maybe next month if we move Sully.

CBS wanted KO more than Ainge did imo.   History shows Ainge does not really draft players like KO.  But I guess we can take into consideration what kind of player Doc wanted/fit into the system.

KO under DOC?  forget it.  He would be probably even riding the bench today

There were two games especially one (Butler vs Gonzaga), where KO wrecked havoc on CBS system on both ends.   Against Andrew Smith took him on on one, spin move and layup. CBS pacing back and forth on the sidelines probably was like "who is this guy?"

Come draft night , there was probably nobody really danny was enormed with and gave CBS he wanted to work with

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2016, 05:21:28 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Trade Bait!

Seriously, the only thing this is doing more than anything is another carrot for Ainge to dangle if he sees something he really likes.

No one wants to trade for expiring deals, particularly on how costly they'll be.

Bradley, Olynyk, and Smart are the most likely trade baits we'll have.

I don't think so. I see guys like Smart and Olynyk as part of the core for the future and possibly the next title contender. You need your young core to develop. You can't just trade players when they look good. Chemistry is important. Olly is finding his niche. And it's great to watch. Bradley may go if Rozier or Hunter start emerging more often.

I agree

The team is one stud player away from going far into the player

I hope Danny doesn't think like this.

the way I see it the championship will be decided when the Spurs and Warriors meet in the playoffs... and the spurs losing badly. and if the Spurs lose(who have what 5 all stars on their team?)that's not good for any aspiring teams like the Celtics who are trying to get better.

so getting one stud is better but this game isn't about being able to say you're better.

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2016, 05:36:50 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Trade Bait!

Seriously, the only thing this is doing more than anything is another carrot for Ainge to dangle if he sees something he really likes.

No one wants to trade for expiring deals, particularly on how costly they'll be.

I don't think so. I see guys like Smart and Olynyk as part of the core for the future and possibly the next title contender. You need your young core to develop. You can't just trade players when they look good. Chemistry is important. Olly is finding his niche. And it's great to watch. Bradley may go if Rozier or Hunter start emerging more often.

I agree

the way I see it the championship will be decided when the Spurs and Warriors meet in the playoffs... and the spurs losing badly. and if the Spurs lose(who have what 5 all stars on their team?)that's not good for any aspiring teams like the Celtics who are trying to get better.

so getting one stud is better but this game isn't about being able to say you're better.

One at a time works too.

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2016, 09:41:40 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Trade Bait!

I agree

One at a time works too.

yeah my point is if a team like the Spurs with 5 all-stars can't win our dream of landing 1 or 2 is pretty much a waste of time. and the only thing worth going after is Durant and Lebron.