Author Topic: the emergence of KO  (Read 8840 times)

Re: the emergence of KO
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 10:48:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 12:26:40 AM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
He's not close to overtaking the Greek yet, but he is edging closer.

are you serious?  if anything they are at the same level.   

Giannis can't shoot like KO also

I'd go further than that: at this point, Kelly is the more valuable player, especially on the defensive end. Beyond that, his skillset is much more valuable for the Celtics specifically.

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2016, 02:02:33 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
His skill set is very unique. I hope he plays assertive and with confidence for rest of year.  A 7' who can play at high post out to three point line.  Passing ball handling and shooting.  I love offense flowing through him.  Just needs more alpha dog mentality

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2016, 03:19:46 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
He's not close to overtaking the Greek yet, but he is edging closer.

I posit that KO and Giannis are heading down different paths as basketball players.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2016, 03:39:03 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Maybe he has trade value now.

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2016, 07:09:43 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Big trade value.

Dallas must be kicking themselves in the head right about now.

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2016, 07:26:56 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Big trade value.

I thought so too.   Crowder and KO .

Rondo play n good has got to smart too.

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2016, 07:30:56 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Big trade value.

I thought so too.   Crowder and KO .

Rondo play n good has got to smart too.

Yup. Still kind of wish we kept Powell but Jerebko has been a pleasent surprise

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016, 10:34:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
at 32 second play. that is ridiculous .  Love the 3 pt shooting follow through at all times now (dirk like).  And why not, its working.  Plus one of the better defenders in the league?   what a steal at 13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8006irx2AgM

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2016, 10:42:12 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Big trade value.

I don't think Dallas is kicking themselves, who knows if they would have picked KO? The trading team picks the player the other team wants. I doubt they would have taken KO that's why they traded back, they got their guy and another flier on 2 2nd (who did they take, I can't even remember).

If they were taking KO they just could have, we only gave them 16th and 2 2nd and the 2nds are easy to buy.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2016, 10:45:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Big trade value.

I don't think Dallas is kicking themselves, who knows if they would have picked KO? The trading team picks the player the other team wants. I doubt they would have taken KO that's why they traded back, they got their guy and another flier on a 2nd (who did they take, I can't even remember).

maybe , maybe not. But I would be

KO could of learned alot from Dirk and actually take his place when he retires.  Not exactly as dominant (well we will have to see) but like a dirk jr

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2016, 11:01:50 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

Big trade value.

I don't think Dallas is kicking themselves, who knows if they would have picked KO? The trading team picks the player the other team wants. I doubt they would have taken KO that's why they traded back, they got their guy and another flier on a 2nd (who did they take, I can't even remember).

KO could of learned alot from Dirk and actually take his place when he retires.  Not exactly as dominant (well we will have to see) but like a dirk jr

Your delusional if you think KO is another Dirk
Diggler  maybe, not Dirk!

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2016, 11:04:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Big trade value.

Your delusional if you think KO is another Dirk
Diggler  maybe, not Dirk!

and how do you know for sure?? 

Did you expect him to play like he has last season? or his 1st year?

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2016, 11:08:09 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Big trade value.

They missed out on other players too (Giannis/Schroder), it would be crazy to even think twice about it now. They could have only taken 1 are they going to kick themselves for every other miss too?

OT: OMG that draft was crappy, that 2nd round is so terrible and the 1st isn't much to talk about except for a few guys. Also goes to show A LOT of teams "missed" on the few guys worthy of being drafted.

This is why I feel DA isn't kicking himself about Giannis even if he turns out to be great. Look at how many teams passed on Jimmy Butler or Dray Green, it happens and it's a crap shoot.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 12:15:09 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
This is why I feel DA isn't kicking himself about Giannis even if he turns out to be great. Look at how many teams passed on Jimmy Butler or Dray Green, it happens and it's a crap shoot.

Agree 100%.

It's like when you are in a poker game, and you have four spades, and you know the other guy has a straight. You have very little committed so far, and the other guy pushes you all in.

You fold the hand, knowing it's too much of a risk to throw everything away on.

The cards come out, and there is a spade - so in hindsight you now know if you had have called, you would have won huge.

Do you stress over it? 

No, because at the time there was no way you could have known that spade would come out, and it wasn't worth the risk.  You made the right call given the circumstances, and you live with it knowing that if you were put in that same position in the next game you would make the exact same call.

Every draft there are a couple of fluke guys who beat the odds and far outperform their draft position. You live with it, and say good luck to the team who too the gamble. 

As is stands right now both players are in their third seasons. 

Giannis is averaging 16.6 / 7.6 / 2.9 Per 36 and putting up average advanced stats on an under-achieving 13th seed team.

Olynyk is averaging 17.7 / 7.7 / 2.8 Per 36 and putting up amazing advanced stats on an over-achieving 5th seeded team.

We still have no evidence to suggest that Giannis is actually the better player.  He might look better on paper, in terms of his outright stats and measurements, athletic ability, etc.  But it might not be a total coincidence that the guy with the great advanced stats (KO) happens to also be the guy who is on the winning/overachieving team.