Author Topic: the emergence of KO  (Read 8872 times)

the emergence of KO
« on: January 25, 2016, 09:25:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Add the strong play of Smart and It has propelled the Celtics team to another level.   

Incredible 15-2 run by the 2nd unit at the 4th quarter to seal the deal

Again KO has been nothing short of solid. On Both ends. 

Re: the emergence of KO
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 09:31:12 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I loved his follow through on his last 3

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 09:32:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I loved his follow through on his last 3

like dirk

lots of guys on the team are doing this now.  Good for them.  Best way to keep consistent

Ray Allen was another guy that did this consistently

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 09:32:36 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
The team as a whole has gotten better since Brad has figured who to put in the rotation.

When all the guys are clicking at the same time, this team is hard to stop. I pray Olynyk and Smart's stretches of good play continue for the rest of the season. Their play is that valuable to the team. If that happens, this team can separate itself from the pack of teams fighting for a spot in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, there is a devil's advocate to all of this. We've seen this from the Celtics quite a few times this season already. Their inconsistency is driving me crazy. On nights like this, I think this team is a top-4 team in the east. On nights where the likes of the Nets and the Lakers beat them on their own home floor, this team looks likes a lottery team.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 09:36:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The team as a whole has gotten better since Brad has figured who to put in the rotation.

When all the guys are clicking at the same time, this team is hard to stop. I pray Olynyk and Smart's stretches of good play continue for the rest of the season. Their play is that valuable to the team. If that happens, this team can separate itself from the pack of teams fighting for a spot in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, there is a devil's advocate to all of this. We've seen this from the Celtics quite a few times this season already. Their inconsistency is driving me crazy. On nights like this, I think this team is a top-4 team in the east. On nights where the likes of the Nets and the Lakers beat them on their own home floor, this team looks likes a lottery team.

again with those loses Lee was still playing and Smart was not a 100 percent.

Right now all the cylinders are clicking. Good for CBS to play Zeller with KO against a bigger Wiz lineup. Gortat looked like a pilon out there

Wizards love to play PNR ball but everytime they tried somebody was at their pgs face. Whether it be Crowder, KO, Turner etc. 

We are playing at the level of Spurs execution right now.   Missing that one key piece to help this team get to another level.

Man if we win the Simmons sweepstakes, that will be tearfully amazing times

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 09:37:32 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
He's not close to overtaking the Greek yet, but he is edging closer.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 09:44:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

are you serious?  if anything they are at the same level.   

Giannis can't shoot like KO also

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 09:44:35 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

again with those loses Lee was still playing and Smart was not a 100 percent.

Right now all the cylinders are clicking. Good for CBS to play Zeller with KO against a bigger Wiz lineup. Gortat looked like a pilon out there

Wizards love to play PNR ball but everytime they tried somebody was at their pgs face. Whether it be Crowder, KO, Turner etc. 

We are playing at the level of Spurs execution right now.   Missing that one key piece to help this team get to another level.

Man if we win the Simmons sweepstakes, that will be tearfully amazing times

I love the potential of the possible frontcourt of the future: Ben Simmons, Kelly Olynyk, and Jordan Mickey.

Things are only going to get better from here. I just hope there aren't any more stretches of putrid basketball from this team.

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 09:52:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
If KO, Smart , Crowder , AB all stay healthy for once for a nice long stretch , I believe we'll see some nice basketball

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 09:56:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Gianni's plays crazy hard ,  like Smart I think he'll get hurt eventually .

KO is better passer , taller and maybe better IQ .  .....and he is a lot bulkier .....Giannis is a bean pole with super skills and springs in his legs.

It's a wash with me at this point.

KO is more rugged and I think will have a longer career.

I'll go with KO for the long haul.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 09:58:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Still would like Noel to replace Amire eventually

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 10:20:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Gianni's plays crazy hard ,  like Smart I think he'll get hurt eventually .

KO is better passer , taller and maybe better IQ .  .....and he is a lot bulkier .....Giannis is a bean pole with super skills and springs in his legs.

It's a wash with me at this point.

KO is more rugged and I think will have a longer career.

I'll go with KO for the long haul.
exactly what skills would those be?  I'm not being sarcastic -- I'm genuinely asking.

from what I've seen, the kid is extremely athletic but I don't see 'skills' in the sense that I see skills from KO -- shooting, passing, ball handling.  I'll give the nod to Giannis on D certainly but KO is progressing.  I don't think KO will catch up in that phase of the game but I don't see Giannis catching KO at his current level never mind what KO could become if he plays consistently aggressive on offense.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 10:26:16 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1773
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
He's also leading all NBA centers in total three-pointers and three-point percentage (6th among ALL players at .434!).

I think we can all agree that this is a KO we like a lot.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:38:02 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 10:38:40 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
I'd give the edge to GiAnt, especially because he is younger. He is more versatile and rounded as a player. His defense is also better.

Where Olynyk wins is his shooting and IQ. I'm not sure GiAnt will ever have the IQ Olynyk has.

I like our guy better.

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 10:40:29 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I miss the days when a man was judged by the size of his bulge.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC