Author Topic: Tom Brady is the ultimate competitor  (Read 7587 times)

Tom Brady is the ultimate competitor
« on: January 25, 2016, 03:47:05 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I thought I would feel like crap after that game last night but instead I came away with a greater appreciation for Tom Brady. The way he kept battling after get hit over and over made me feel pride that he was the Patriots QB. Nothing but respect for how Brady played last night.

All the haters can never question TB12's toughness or will to win.

Re: Tom Brady is the ultimate competitor
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 04:01:39 PM »

Offline Green4ever

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
I agree 100%. He was definitely fighting until the very end, even through all of the hits. It all came down to our O-line just got giving him the protection to be the superstar that he is (also gotta tip my hat to the Denver defense). The pats defense kept us within striking distance.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 04:07:23 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I agree 100%. He was definitely fighting until the very end, even through all of the hits. It all came down to our O-line just got giving him the protection to be the superstar that he is (also gotta tip my hat to the Denver defense). The pats defense kept us within striking distance.
Yeah. And the way he held the pocket as long as he could was incredible. Especially those two huge hits he took towards the end and some how got rid of the ball to avoid the sack and also intentional grounding by getting it close to someone. Most QBs just go down there.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:49:06 PM by KeepRondo »

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 05:05:43 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
You know I'm not a Patriots fan. To tell you the truth it's the only Boston team I don't like very much. But even I felt a little sorry for him and was impressed with how he played after taking so many hits. I'm not a fan of his but I can respect him the same way I would say Magic johnson or Isiah Thomas.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 05:55:06 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
We Pat fans are so spoiled. Yesterday was a sobering reminder that sometimes the other team will out-coach and/or out-play us.  Bronco D was stellar, the best we faced all year by far. Hats off to them. And to Peyton Manning.  He managed the game just well enough to hang on for the win.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 12:25:49 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
After watching how Cam Newton quit and wanted nothing to do with that Denver defense and trying to make a comeback, I feel an even greater appreciation for Tom Brady.

My lasting impression of the super bowl is that Cam Newton was all talk. He's not the competitor that Tom Brady is. Brady put his body on the line time after time and made plays down the stretch against that Denver defense. Came up short but he never quit.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 12:39:26 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Tom Brady's really good. But without Pete Carroll gift-wrapping a Super Bowl for the Patriots in 2015 -- arguably the luckiest SB win ever -- they'd not have won one in over 10 years. That's a bit of a stain on the "Ultimate Competitor" hyperbole, even if it's a little easier to blame Big Bill than Tom....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 12:44:46 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Tom Brady's really good. But without Pete Carroll gift-wrapping a Super Bowl for the Patriots in 2015 -- arguably the luckiest SB win ever -- they'd not have won one in over 10 years. That's a bit of a stain on the "Ultimate Competitor" hyperbole, even if it's a little easier to blame Big Bill than Tom....

and if gotskowski makes and extra point they likely go on to win another title

if asante samuels doesnt drop an interception in 2006, they win another title

if david tyrie doesnt make a miracle catch the pats win another title

We could play that game all day ......

Brady has appeared in most sb's, tied for most win , most playoff wins , most reg season wins (by the time he retires)

are you saying brady is overreated? ???

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 12:47:29 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Ok that makes little sense. Tom Brady staged a big comeback in that game. Don't know if anyone else thought the same as I did, but I figured that game was over. But Brady never quit there either and got us the lead. Whether we win or not, I still would had respected his will to win.

Also 6 Super Bowl appearances and all the conference championships speaks for itself. Not sure what other QB is even close to his marks.

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 12:53:53 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Pendulum swings both ways.  Not to hard to see Brady 1-5 in the Super Bowl or 6-0 in the Super Bowl if things swung another way.  Quite a bit comes down to things absolutely out of his control.

-Vinatieri misses FG.  Rams offense wins in OT in Super Bowl XXXVI.  (They were on a roll and the Pats D was absolutely gassed)

-Casey doesn't shank the opening kickoff out of bounds to give Pats excellent field position to start that final drive in SB XXXVIII. Panthers win in OT.

- Tyree doesn't make that catch and/or Samuel doesn't miss-time himself on a possible INT on that Giants drive in SB XLII.

- Welker makes the catch and/or Manningham doesn't in SB XLVI.

- Seahawks score instead of INT in SB XLIX.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 12:58:51 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Ok that makes little sense. Tom Brady staged a big comeback in that game. Don't know if anyone else thought the same as I did, but I figured that game was over. But Brady never quit there either and got us the lead. Whether we win or not, I still would had respected his will to win.

Also 6 Super Bowl appearances and all the conference championships speaks for itself. Not sure what other QB is even close to his marks.

No, you just don't like it. If you're objective and recognize Carroll's call as the worst in NFL history, you recognize that Tom Brady would be 3-3 in the Super Bowl without it.

I'll take Montana at 4-0, thanks, as my "Ultimate Competitor".... because I'm not a homer.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 01:04:38 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
You know I'm not a Patriots fan. To tell you the truth it's the only Boston team I don't like very much. But even I felt a little sorry for him and was impressed with how he played after taking so many hits. I'm not a fan of his but I can respect him the same way I would say Magic johnson or Isiah Thomas.
I assume you are making the analogy to Magic and Isiah based on Brady being one of the best all-time as they were, not because you don't like Magic or Isiah.

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2016, 01:11:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
And without the Tyree, Manningham, and Kearse circus catches, he might have 6 SBs, Pete Carroll or no Pete Carroll. Sorry, you'll get zero traction with this here.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 01:12:43 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

No, you just don't like it. If you're objective and recognize Carroll's call as the worst in NFL history, you recognize that Tom Brady would be 3-3 in the Super Bowl without it.

I'll take Montana at 4-0, thanks, as my "Ultimate Competitor".... because I'm not a homer.

so Brady is punished because he made it to the superbowl more times than Montana ?

And we are living in a fantasy world where Tom Brady didn't actually win that Seattle Superbowl ?

Makes total sense . You may not be a homer , but certainly a hater .....

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 01:13:56 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Well you completely missed the point of the post.

but if you must. You certainly conveniently left out the miracle catch that the Giants had to stay in that super bowl game. Or that Seattle had a crazy miracle catch also. I guess that wouldn't fit in your narrative tho.

But listen I didn't mean to get your panties all in a bunch so relax next time.  ;)