Author Topic: BOS-CLE-PHI-LAL  (Read 2976 times)

BOS-CLE-PHI-LAL
« on: January 25, 2016, 03:11:09 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Works in the trade machine.  Ryan kelly & Nick young are just to make contracts match.  Idea is based on the rumors that the cavs would do a trade for kevin love built on a package around jae crowder.  Trade also saves cleveland 3 million in cap space & gives them a trade chip in julius randle.  I would prefer to give cleveland avery bradley then jae crowder but I doubt they would bite.  I would also give AB rather than IT in the event CLE would prefer to fill a need.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:00:10 PM by bmac934 »

Re: BOS-CLE-PHI-LAL
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 03:12:01 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
BOS Receives Jahlil Okafor, ryan kelly
BOS Gives Up Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder

LAL Receives Kevin Love
LAL Gives Up Julius Randle, Deangelo Russell, ryan kelly, nick young

CLE Receives Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Julius Randle
CLE Gives Up Kevin Love

PHI Recieves Dangelo Russell, nick young
PHI Give Up Jahlil Okafor
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:21:51 PM by bmac934 »

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 03:49:26 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
This actually might be a feasible trade.  I definitely see the logic for us, LA, and Philly.  Cleveland might want a bit more but I think they could be talked into it.  They might need a pick or two coming their way as well.  TP for coming up with a four team trade that makes some sense for all parties.  I don't really like Okafor though; he's probably worth what we're giving up considering he was the #3 pick, but I think the NBA is moving away from players like him and I'm not interested in investing tons of resources in a big who can neither defend well nor stretch the floor.  I'd be happier if we just cut out Philly altogether and had russell and kelly come our way instead of Okafor.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 03:59:52 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I have to agree completely that Okafor doesn't look like the future of the NBA. His style of play can help a team win some games, but there may be a low ceiling on what that team can achieve.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 04:06:31 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I am not giving up Jae Crowder for Jahill Okafor, never mind Jae Crowder and Isaiah Thomas.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 04:15:49 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
I would definitely do that same deal cutting philadelphia out of the equation & get Dangelo Russell instead. 

BOS Receives Dangelo Russell, ryan kelly, nick young

LAL Receives Kevin Love

CLE Gives Up Kevin Love

It also works in the trade machine if we get Louis Williams instead of Kelly & Young but I'm not thinking LAL would go for it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:27:25 PM by bmac934 »

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 04:32:07 PM »

Offline jackpercussion

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
Lol. There must be many Cavs ' fans in here.  So we give up one of our best defenders and scorers       
(two players that LOVE playing for the Celtics), not to mention on excellent contracts.  Then we help them get rid of Love who they want to dump anyway.  This is just laughable.

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 04:37:02 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
"So we give up one of our best defenders and scorers" - look at it how you want but we would 100% get the better end of the deal....CLE would probably want more than what I put down lol       

"(two players that LOVE playing for the Celtics)," - who cares; & how much did IT LOVE it last year when he wasnt starting

"not to mention on excellent contracts." - this is one of the reasons CLE would consider the offer in the first place & is by no means a reason not to go through with this trade

"Then we help them get rid of Love who they want to dump anyway." - this is actually laughable
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 05:02:03 PM by bmac934 »

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 04:58:55 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Lol. There must be many Cavs ' fans in here.  So we give up one of our best defenders and scorers       
(two players that LOVE playing for the Celtics), not to mention on excellent contracts.  Then we help them get rid of Love who they want to dump anyway.  This is just laughable.
My belly is hurting.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 06:17:49 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
How about just IT, Crowder, Sully, and our own '16 1st for Love? Sully is a better replacement for Love than Randle is. Better spacing, rebounding, and especially defense (Randle is really bad on that end). Randle has more theoretical upside, so we throw in a mid-1st rounder.

I think the C's have to do that even though it costs us our two best players.  Love is a guy you can build around, and you gotta think that part of IT + Crowder's success has to do with Brad Stevens. I'd love to see what he can do with a guy as talented as Love.

I have little interest in Okafor. It's really tough to play a guy who provides neither 3 nor D. He needs to be in a perfect situation in order to thrive, surrounded with shooters, and we're not exactly hoarding marksmen on this team - especially if we trade IT away.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 06:20:13 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I tried to read the title in one word. I failed.

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 06:22:18 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
It seems like Cleveland is getting too much, IT, jae, and randel for love? That's too much for a talent ranked in the 30s

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 06:23:50 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

LAL Receives Kevin Love

CLE Gives Up Kevin Love

This is the worst trade I have ever seen posted on this blog.

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 06:25:37 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

LAL Receives Kevin Love

CLE Gives Up Kevin Love

This is actually a really clever idea...IF Ainge wanted to blow it up and start over from near scratch.

Cleveland gets three players who will probably fit better than Love.  Lakers get a star.  Philly swaps out one of the centers they're going to have to trade eventually and get an equivalent talent.  Boston gets the high ceiling centerpiece player they don't currently have and frees up more cap space.

If Ainge didn't have those Nets picks in his back pocket, I could almost see him doing something like this.

Mike

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 09:24:25 PM »

Offline GryphMinuteMan

• Joe Mazzulla
This is awful on many different levels... That's all I have to add to this thread.