Author Topic: Middleton trade idea  (Read 961 times)

Middleton trade idea
« on: January 24, 2016, 07:44:27 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
This is based off of a couple posts I have seen on the main page where the Celtics would be trading for Middleton and Monroe, giving up Thomas and other assets to get the deal done.

Here is a simple 2 for 1 idea:

Thomas and Bradley for Middleton.

It works in the trade machine, and could be enticing for both teams.  The Bucks would get a solid defensive player in Bradley to replace Middleton at the 2, while Thomas would provide them with some more offense and the ability to stretch the floor. 

For Boston, Middleton would slide right into our starting lineup, be locked in for a long term deal, and be an ideal fit for Brad's system.  This would also make way for guys like Rozier, Hunter, and Young to start earning minutes in the rotation.

Celtics would be able to start a solid defensive lineup with Smart, Middleton, and Crowder.

Thoughts?

Re: Middleton trade idea
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 08:07:26 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Given what IT and AB have done this year and what they get paid it's not a great trade for C's. One could argue IT alone is better than Middleton. Earlier in year I agreed on such a trade for Middleton but now I see IT can only be let go for an All star after all IT may make the Allstar this year.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 11:04:29 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Love it for the C’s! Unfortunately I don’t think the Bucks would do it because Kidd asks his backcourt players to switch every ball screen. Bradley is a terrific on-ball defender but at the same time he is undersized for his position, therefore he isn’t that good at switching screens. IT is pretty much all about offense.

On the other hand, Kidd’s system hasn’t helped the Bucks at all this season. If he is willing to reconsider his defensive strategy, then the Bucks may have some interest in this trade.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:12:28 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 11:08:58 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I like Middleton, but that trade leaves us woefully shy of ball handlers.  I'd trade Bradley and picks though, or a couple of guys like Young, Rozier, Hunter or Mickey.  Throw in Lee or Jerebko to make salaries work.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 11:35:17 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
This is based off of a couple posts I have seen on the main page where the Celtics would be trading for Middleton and Monroe, giving up Thomas and other assets to get the deal done.

Here is a simple 2 for 1 idea:

Thomas and Bradley for Middleton.

It works in the trade machine, and could be enticing for both teams.  The Bucks would get a solid defensive player in Bradley to replace Middleton at the 2, while Thomas would provide them with some more offense and the ability to stretch the floor. 

For Boston, Middleton would slide right into our starting lineup, be locked in for a long term deal, and be an ideal fit for Brad's system.  This would also make way for guys like Rozier, Hunter, and Young to start earning minutes in the rotation.

Celtics would be able to start a solid defensive lineup with Smart, Middleton, and Crowder.

Thoughts?

That is a massive overpay.  Why do people want to dump Thomas so much?

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 12:25:51 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I doubt the Bucks would be interested in moving him but I would try a package of Ab, Jonas Cs 2016 and Dallas 2016. Maybe also include sully in there if they wanted. That said I doubt the bucks would be interested unless they think AB is a better fit as a PG defender next to carter Williams.

The biggest benefit I see for the celtics is this would allow them to go smallish with IT, Smart, Middleton and crowder.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 12:30:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Given what IT and AB have done this year and what they get paid it's not a great trade for C's. One could argue IT alone is better than Middleton. Earlier in year I agreed on such a trade for Middleton but now I see IT can only be let go for an All star after all IT may make the Allstar this year.

Spot on.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 12:59:59 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Nòoooooooooooooooooooooo

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 04:15:22 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Thomas and Bradley for Middleton

Sully and Jerebko for Markieff Morris

PG : Smart, Rozier
SG : Middleton, RJ, Young
SF : Crowder, Turner
PF : Markieff, Amir, Mickey, Lee
C : Kelly, Zeller

We clear the logjams at frontcourt/backcourt and we give RJ-Mickey-Rozier-Young some playing time.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 04:21:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
IT and AB?  no way.  Middleton's a good player but not worth both of those players. 

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 04:23:00 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I like Middleton, but this is bordering the absurd, sorry.