Author Topic: Could this team win a championship  (Read 2716 times)

Could this team win a championship
« on: January 21, 2016, 03:50:22 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
 Would a team of
Thomas
Bradly
Crowder
Love
Whiteside

with Smart and Olynyk coming off the bench.

Before giving crazy trade Idea's. Could this team win a championship or be a serious contender?
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Could this team win a championship
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 10:52:54 AM »

Offline GryphMinuteMan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
No, and how are you getting Love with Crowder and Smart still on the roster?

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 11:00:09 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Amir Jerbeko and the Brooklyn pick would be a strong offer considering how Love has been playing.

But, no, I don't believe that team would win a championship and I don't want to give up any major assets for Love.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 11:01:44 AM »

Offline GryphMinuteMan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7

Amir Jerbeko and the Brooklyn pick would be a strong offer considering how Love has been playing.

But, no, I don't believe that team would win a championship and I don't want to give up any major assets for Love.

I HIGHLY doubt the Cavs would do that.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 11:19:32 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I HIGHLY doubt the Cavs would do that.

Amir isn't a massive downgrade from what they are getting out of Love right now and the Brooklyn pick gives them an opportunity to make up for missing out on Wiggins. If they don't want Jerebko, they can ask for Turner, Zeller, or Sully.

But again, I wouldn't trade the Brooklyn pick for Love.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 12:21:35 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
How about Crowder, Sully, JJ, and Zeller in Love deal then Nets pick, C's 2016, Dallas pick and Lee for Cousins. Then sign Barnes in offseason. Draft Taurean Prince with Philly 2nd, Onuaku with Wolves pick then may be Siakam. Last two seconds grab euro stash players.

IT/Smart/Rozier
AB/Hunter
Barnes/Young/Prince
Love/Mikey/Siakam
Cousins/KO/Onuaku

I think that is very likely a contending team.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 12:27:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

i believe cleveland is in the win-now-and-who-cares-about-the-future mode.

heck, they gave up wiggins for love. i dont think the allure of the nets pick, saddled with uncertainty for both now and the future outcome, would be attractive to cleveland. i think cleveland wants talent NOW.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 12:33:46 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

This.

Cleveland has no interest in more bigs.  They need a wing defender and they'd start the convo with the 2016 BKL pick, Lee's salary + one of these three
- Crowder
- Smart
- Bradley

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 12:56:29 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

i believe cleveland is in the win-now-and-who-cares-about-the-future mode.

heck, they gave up wiggins for love. i dont think the allure of the nets pick, saddled with uncertainty for both now and the future outcome, would be attractive to cleveland. i think cleveland wants talent NOW.

I agree. I don't see Cleveland trading K-Love for draft picks.

I expect Cleveland to want proven talent for K-Love. Guys who can step in immediately and help them win their 1st Championship.

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 01:01:16 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Would a team of
Thomas
Bradly
Crowder
Love
Whiteside

Before giving crazy trade Idea's. Could this team win a championship or be a serious contender?

I don't think so.

I have a couple of problems with it:

(1) Whiteside = I don't trust Whiteside. He is a low IQ player who doesn't seem to effect games as much as gaudy box score stats suggest he should. I don't trust him as being a key player on a title winning team.

(2) K-Love = I don't think Love can be the main guy on a Championship team. I think he could be a good #2 guy but not convinced by him as the head honcho.

(3) I.Thomas = not convinced by him as a title winning player. In a bench role, yes. As a scoring backup PG. But I struggle with him as a starter. I especially struggle with him as top 2 scorer and best perimeter scorer on a title winning team. I don't like relying on a 5-9 PG to score 20+ppg in the playoffs.

Those are my main doubts that I have trouble getting past about over this team's title aspirations.

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 01:06:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
No.  Need another dangerous creator other than IT (too easy to flummox him / coax him into going into hero mode).  Love isn't that.  Would need a big man more along the lines of Blake Griffin or Chris Bosh in his prime.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 01:31:47 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Other than Cleveland the East is wide open. Problem is eventually we'd have to get through Cleveland and unless Lebron gets hurt, I can't see anyone in the East beating Cleveland in 7 games.

Spurs or GS will end up winning it all, so no we can't get there or win it with the team we have now.

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 02:20:45 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Would a team of
Thomas
Bradly
Crowder
Love
Whiteside

Wouldn't even be as good as this year's Cleveland team. 

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 01:18:26 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
surprise surprise everyone on celticsblog sh%t on your idea. Love and Whiteside would be question marks as we wouldn't know how well they would do here. Would that team be in the same league as CLE and GSW, no, but it could be a contender (s in 5 or 6 teams a year are contenders)

I don't know if Love and Whiteside are the guys, but I think upgrading the 4 and 5 with picks and keeping our core of IT, AB, Crowder, Smart and maybe KO is ainge's plan A.

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 01:50:45 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

This.

Cleveland has no interest in more bigs.  They need a wing defender and they'd start the convo with the 2016 BKL pick, Lee's salary + one of these three
- Crowder
- Smart
- Bradley
Wing defender? Maybe we can do a three-way that nets them Wiggins.