Author Topic: Trade Idea- Bring back Joe Jesus  (Read 2040 times)

Trade Idea- Bring back Joe Jesus
« on: January 20, 2016, 07:46:23 PM »

Offline Mlewis1392

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Would anyone be willing to trade David lee and Jonas Jerebko for Joe Johnson and Thomas Robinson. It's really a swap for David lee who is out of our rotation for some needed help on the wing. Joe Johnson can come off the bench behind Jae to help our scoring at the 3 and he is a closer i love the way he can take over a game. I'm not saying this is a must do trade that increase our championship hopes this year but just an idea to get some use out of a player to bring in the rotation instead of sitting on the bench and we get a little try out from Thomas Robinson. This trade works on the trade machine..

Re: Trade Idea- Bring back Joe Jesus
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 07:51:31 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
dont think that trade will go through. JJ makes too much to get traded.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 07:56:02 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
No
Jerebko has more value for money compared to any of the players in the trade

JJ has had a slow season
He will not be the reliable scorer he was a few seasons ago

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 08:00:50 PM »

Offline Mlewis1392

• Joe Mazzulla
The money works and he was only slowed down due to Hollins and his role. His numbers are drastically better since the new HC. Joe still can get it done and flourish under Brad considering how much easier he will make the game for him and we have much more talent to space the floor than Brooklyn making easier opportunities

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 08:01:35 PM »

Offline Mlewis1392

• Joe Mazzulla
Jonas was just a throw in for money I'm looking at it as a Lee vs Johnson swap since David lee will just collect dust on our bench

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 09:56:13 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
My answer is no to absolutely any trade that involves bringing Joe Johnson to Boston.

As long as Brooklyn is paying $25M for a guy who's scoring 12 Points Per 36 on 39% shooting, we are in a good place.  No way I'm bailing them out of that.

Right now Lee is actually, statistically, a far better player than Joe Johnson (he's averaging 16/10/4 Per 36 and shooting 45% from the field).  He's just not a good fit here in Boston, since we have too many bigs and can't give him proper playing time.

Last thing we want is to send Lee over to Brooklyn and watch him rejuvenate his career by giving Brooklyn the reliable 6th man they so desperately need, as our draft pick rapidly declines in value.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 12:16:18 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
My answer is no to absolutely any trade that involves bringing Joe Johnson to Boston.

As long as Brooklyn is paying $25M for a guy who's scoring 12 Points Per 36 on 39% shooting, we are in a good place.  No way I'm bailing them out of that.

Right now Lee is actually, statistically, a far better player than Joe Johnson (he's averaging 16/10/4 Per 36 and shooting 45% from the field).  He's just not a good fit here in Boston, since we have too many bigs and can't give him proper playing time.

Last thing we want is to send Lee over to Brooklyn and watch him rejuvenate his career by giving Brooklyn the reliable 6th man they so desperately need, as our draft pick rapidly declines in value.

That is not why he's not playing.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 12:31:04 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I do not see the Nets doing it, after we fleeced them in that trade.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 12:34:59 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
JJ is actually playing quite well of late or over the last 5 and shooting 49% overall and 57% from three!!!  And he is averaging playing 31 minutes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1007/joe-johnson

I am NOT saying that I am for this trade, but just pointing out his latest trends.  The ONLY BAD game was vs. the Cavs.

Smitty77

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 12:49:06 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
I thought about it aswell but would include turner instead of jerebko

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 07:05:15 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
JJ is actually playing quite well of late or over the last 5 and shooting 49% overall and 57% from three!!!  And he is averaging playing 31 minutes.

I am NOT saying that I am for this trade, but just pointing out his latest trends.  The ONLY BAD game was vs. the Cavs.

Smitty77

This is a good trade.  I have had the chance to watch Joe Johnson a number of times this year.  He would be the go to scorer the Celtics need. His contract is expiring which makes it even more enticing.
The only issue is whether Danny wants to use Lee's contract in a deal elsewhere.  I believe that he is going to consider a combination of players to free up the logjam.

Currently the Celtics are in the 7th spot for playoffs-matched up against Toronto.  What makes Joe Johnson valuable is that he can be a primary scoring option and help take some of the pressure off IT.

"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 07:34:14 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
And that trade makes us true contenders, no.

So many trades being proposed but none of them seem to move the needle much less make the Celtics contenders so why bother.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 09:07:46 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
And that trade makes us true contenders, no.

So many trades being proposed but none of them seem to move the needle much less make the Celtics contenders so why bother.

there are no trades that makes us instant contenders, we have to improve bit by bit.
This trade would let us get rid of lee and we could take a look at Joe and if he proves worthy we can re-sign him on a modest deal. If not he walks just like D lee would walk away.
Also this trade wouldnt hurt our flexibility for next year one bit.

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 09:22:56 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Smitty77

This is a good trade.  I have had the chance to watch Joe Johnson a number of times this year.  He would be the go to scorer the Celtics need. His contract is expiring which makes it even more enticing.
The only issue is whether Danny wants to use Lee's contract in a deal elsewhere.  I believe that he is going to consider a combination of players to free up the logjam.

Currently the Celtics are in the 7th spot for playoffs-matched up against Toronto.  What makes Joe Johnson valuable is that he can be a primary scoring option and help take some of the pressure off IT.
Joe Johnson cannot be a go to scorer or primary scoring option anymore.  Anyone can get hot for a few minutes, even a guy like Marcus Smart.  That doesn't make him a go to scorer.

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 09:46:46 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Iso Joe is toast. Like Kobe, you'll see glimpses of the past from time to time, but the stats don't lie.