Author Topic: There are no trades to improve this team you bball nerds  (Read 4108 times)

There are no trades to improve this team you bball nerds
« on: January 20, 2016, 03:06:03 PM »

Offline ihaterickydavis

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Let's get right to the point.

How does a trade for a 3, 4 or 5 help this team? C's are building a locker room culture that is ideal for winning.

You bring in other meat heads and you put that at risk...look at the Bruins and tell me you want to mess around with the culture of a playoff caliber team...no chance

Just take your picks in the draft, evolve and win....don't need to fire up the trade machine when your sitting on lotto tickets

Re: There are no trades to improve this team you bball nerds
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 03:31:33 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Hmm it seems that you wanted to say much more then this...

Surely there are trades to improve this team. Hope that it's passed that time when DA was just gathering suspicious players with buy low sell high principle, and that now he's going to materialize some of his assets.

I agree with you that we don't need Morris', Lance's and those kind of players. We are building something special here and it will take some time. But when DA is done, hopefully we'll have something for the long run.

Peace out, C's up!

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 03:32:54 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Let's get right to the point.

How does a trade for a 3, 4 or 5 help this team? C's are building a locker room culture that is ideal for winning.

You bring in other meat heads and you put that at risk...look at the Bruins and tell me you want to mess around with the culture of a playoff caliber team...no chance

Just take your picks in the draft, evolve and win....don't need to fire up the trade machine when your sitting on lotto tickets

You must be real fun at parties.

By the way, try telling that to Ainge in 2007.

As far as I'm concerned, while chemistry is important, superstars beat teams like the Celtics, Hawks, etc.

You're comparing Hockey to Basketball... Might as well compare apple to oranges now that we're here.

Picks in the draft have equated to slim chances of championship. And lottery tickets also have a slim marginal chance of winning a banner. So whats with the pessimism newcomer?

Anyways, TP for your first post.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 05:56:41 PM »

Offline ihaterickydavis

• Xavier Tillman
Thanks Monkhouse, you are the nerd I am referring to

Also thanks for pointing out the small chance of winning a championship, real ground-breaking stuff

If you can't see the value in creating a culture of winning, then I can't help you.

No trades are out there that make sense. The minute you trade guys is when you reset the whole feel of the team; and these guys look like they genuinely like each other.  If your franchise doesn't value loyalty, who the hell wants to play to win? (i.e Suns)

Point is, keep these guys together and let the team evolve its own style.  This team is a few good picks away from being able to match ANY style in the NBA.  Mix that with some funky plays drawn up by Brad and you'll build a [dang] good basketball team.

Get to the dance and make some noise, that's how Brad makes his money

Too many nerds think they can crunch numbers and figure out how to win basketball games. There's an easy answer...do less

And as for trades in the past, yeah so what? Those C's were not a team, it was just guys wearing the same jersey for work

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 06:07:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Noel would be effective under CBS

Trade for Noah ......rehab him ........stash him

Bring Noel and Noah .

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 06:12:36 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
And as for trades in the past, yeah so what? Those C's were not a team, it was just guys wearing the same jersey for work

I think you just made a very dumb quote here.  That team that won the title in 2008 was a team.  They did the trades before the season began.  Plus Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett both gave up a lot personally on the court to become a team to win a title.  They were both normally the go to player when Boston already had one in Paul Pierce.  Then bringing in a PJ Brown a Sam Cassell a James Posey, all guys that wanted to be a team and win a title.  Plus the grooming of a Kendrick Perkins and a Rajon Rondo. 

I don't know if you were really a fan that watched a lot of games that season, but that was some of the best team ball to ever been played.  Chemistry was built right away and was a true team. 

So yes it's a little different bringing in players at a trade deadline who can affect a team specially in a positive way but it can be done.  We don't need to bring in major stars at the deadline to make an impact with this team.  A simple trade of David Lee for Roy Hibbert could be huge for the Celtics at a low risk high reward.  We'd get a true center who doesn't play uptempo like we like but as a change of pace could work.  Plus also to have a true anchor in the paint.  Also adding a 3 point shooter as a Martin from the Timberwolves could have an impact on the team.

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 06:22:00 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Also thanks for pointing out the small chance of winning a championship, real ground-breaking stuff

If you can't see the value in creating a culture of winning, then I can't help you.

No trades are out there that make sense. The minute you trade guys is when you reset the whole feel of the team; and these guys look like they genuinely like each other.  If your franchise doesn't value loyalty, who the hell wants to play to win? (i.e Suns)

Point is, keep these guys together and let the team evolve its own style.  This team is a few good picks away from being able to match ANY style in the NBA.  Mix that with some funky plays drawn up by Brad and you'll build a [dang] good basketball team.

Too many nerds think they can crunch numbers and figure out how to win basketball games. There's an easy answer...do less

Not sure Monkhouse is the one who need's help here friend, always great to see the new guy kick down the doors and start calling people out when they have no post history and tell everyone what's wrong with the boards like they're some kind of prophet.

There are countless trades that would help this team more than keeping the band together. There are also countless trades that would hurt the team, it's a gamble but then we have a GM who is historically highly active on the trade market. People are going to explore and debate ways to improve this team.

It's not all about numbers either. Many of us "nerds" explore the human element and effect on team culture as much as anything. Most of the ideas that are brought up end up rejected by the community, does that mean they should never have been discussed?

Few thought the Pistons would ever trade Adrien Dantly for Mark Acguire in the 80's but the it turned out to be the move that propelled them to championship.

The sun will rise. Trades will happen. Getting annoyed by people who explore methods of improving a team will give you an aneurysm.

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 06:24:13 PM »

Offline ihaterickydavis

• Xavier Tillman
@poeticwolf. ROY HIBBERT?! Go take a lap for even thinking he's an NBA caliber player anymore.

That quote was in reference to the team BEFORE the KG/Allen deals. If you remember Pierce was pretty p---ed off that he was playing with a bunch of clowns.

Kevin Martin?! What are you smoking because I want some...Anyway like I said there's no one on the market worth adding to this team Via trade. 

Joakim Noah - pass.  He's done playing sports at the most elite level so there's no point in signing him unless it's dirt cheap.  He'd be a great locker room guy

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 06:25:44 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Not sure Monkhouse is the one who need's help here friend, always great to see the new guy kick down the doors and start calling people out when they have no post history and tell everyone what's wrong with the boards like they're some kind of prophet.

And Monk gave him a welcome TP, too and got a slap.

TP to Monk (for the rebuffed kind gesture) and Smartacus for his two cents.

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 06:28:04 PM »

Offline ihaterickydavis

• Xavier Tillman
@smartacus. Haha such a fitting name for a bball nerd.

Oh yeah?! COUNTLESS TRADES? get real dude, this isn't Association mode in 2k

Go ahead and throw some of your ideas out there and I'll knock em down

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 06:29:30 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Don't be ****.

Also don't be an idiot. Of course a trade could help our team. You don't know what is out there.

It would be fair to say: "don't be forced into a trade"
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 06:31:44 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Funny. I like your style OP.

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 06:36:34 PM »

Offline ihaterickydavis

• Xavier Tillman
I knew this forum would be filled with too many sensitive Sally's.

If everyone is just going around patting each other on the back for there ideas, then you get a boring discussion.

I'm here to spice it up and if calling out holier-then-thou bball nerds is too much for some...move along

WHAT TRADES?! The NBA is not a big man's game anymore and the C's have a good mix of style for guards.  Just develope your picks and find someone that can cover Lebron

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 06:41:30 PM »

Online freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
There are no trades to improve this team . . .

Blanket statements: The first symptom of basketball nerd-dom.

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 06:48:43 PM »

Offline ihaterickydavis

• Xavier Tillman
@fresh

Dude, it's a certifiable fact that there isn't a deal on the market that improves this team. Look at your calendar it's 1/20.  If you don't think Ainge has analyzed the market in it's entirety, then you don't understand whats going on in the present.

Just wait til the headlines reach you and you can have the same vanilla opinions as everyone else