Author Topic: 30 years from now Patriots Hall of Fame will be better than actual hall of fame.  (Read 31313 times)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Go through the stats of the Super Bowl wins of the Pats. Look at all the Pro Bowlers.

The Eagles had McNabb having the best year of his career. Two Pro Bowl tackles. Prime TO. Pro Bowler Brian Westbrook.

4 sacks. 3 interceptions.
You mean the prime TO that missed the entire playoffs (except the Superbowl) with a leg injury.  And it was Donovan McNabb a career 59% passer who finished at only 2 to 1 in TD's to INT's and who barely had a top 10 offense on the season.  That the Patriots

You aren't helping your nonsensical argument, you are only making it worse. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Brady is magnificent, but he’s come up short in 10 of the 16 times he’s competed, with this year TBD.  His teams lose in the playoffs more than they win a title, which is true of just about everybody other than Bill Russell.

Against a team of, say, 41 of the top 45 players of all-time, they get crushed.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Go through the stats of the Super Bowl wins of the Pats. Look at all the Pro Bowlers.

The Eagles had McNabb having the best year of his career. Two Pro Bowl tackles. Prime TO. Pro Bowler Brian Westbrook.

You mean the prime TO that missed the entire playoffs (except the Superbowl) with a leg injury.  And it was Donovan McNabb a career 59% passer who finished at only 2 to 1 in TD's to INT's and who barely had a top 10 offense on the season.  That the Patriots

"leg injury" honestly sells it short. He had a broken leg and ligament damage and still was the most impressive player on the field in my estimation.

That was one of the most impressive individual performances I'd ever seen.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Sure. Because the Pats have never done well when injured.  The Pats never have injuries.

TO got 122 yards in that game. I think he was ok

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I would argue the Patriots run has been with the least amount of HoF type players on it than any dynasty ever. So I disagree, but I do see your point of some of the talent they have had over the past almost 20 years!

Time to add #6 baby!

Also add IMO TB12 is the greatest winner ever of any sport!

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I would argue the Patriots run has been with the least amount of HoF type players on it than any dynasty ever. So I disagree, but I do see your point of some of the talent they have had over the past almost 20 years!

Time to add #6 baby!

Yikes...

Of all the places I thought I'd never have to read such lunacy, it would be CelticsBlog.

You have heard of Bill Russell, right?  You know, the guy with more rings than fingers.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Sure. Because the Pats have never done well when injured.  The Pats never have injuries.

TO got 122 yards in that game. I think he was ok
TO was far from ok. He is just thay good, but imagine if he was 100%

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Time to add #6 baby!

Brady, is winning in the NFL, the hardest league to have a dynasty.  Russell won in an NBA which was significantly less inclined to prevent dynasty’s

Yikes...

Of all the places I thought I'd never have to read such lunacy, it would be CelticsBlog.

You have heard of Bill Russell, right?  You know, the guy with more rings than fingers.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Ok, obviously my theory has taken a hit recently.

That said I want to make a last ditch effort to point some things out.

This is a link to the all Decade 2000s team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_2000s_All-Decade_Team

It's not overly respectful to the Patriots

For example they want you to believe that Brian Dawkis and Darren Sharper were better safeties than Rodney.  Check out the 2nd team LBers. Should Ty Law be behind Champ Bailey? Is that who you'd rather have?

Also Bill Belichick is the only 3 time coach of the year since 1999. There are two guys that were two time coaches of the year and neither has won a Super Bowl

The Steelers have 9 HOFers from their dynasty. The Cowboys have 6 from the 90s.

I wonder how many the Pats will get from 5 Super Bowl wins and 3 losses.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Gronk, and Brady will make the HoF out of the present team for sure.  Coach Bill Belichick will be in there, too.   I think those three are locks.   The other guys like the receivers like Edelman and Amendola are not even top all time in Patriots receivers.  They may get in for the big moments stuff though.  Will Welker even want to go into the Patriot Hall of Fame?   He has almost 2K more yards than Edelman and Amendola.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Is there a single receiver you'd rather Brady go into a game with other than Edelman? Could anyone on Earth defend that? If there is a receiver I'd want it to be Troy Brown.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

For example they want you to believe that Brian Dawkis and Darren Sharper were better safeties than Rodney.  Check out the 2nd team LBers. Should Ty Law be behind Champ Bailey? Is that who you'd rather have?

Also Bill Belichick is the only 3 time coach of the year since 1999. There are two guys that were two time coaches of the year and neither has won a Super Bowl

Tom Brady is the only player that was on the first and last title the Patriots had.  It isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison with teams that had a short dominant run with basically the same core group.  That said, Brady might very well be the only HOFer that played on that first title team, well maybe Vinatieri gets in, but it is hard for kickers to make the HOF.

Brian Dawkins is entering the HOF this year.  Rodney Harrison is not in the HOF despite retiring a full 3 years before Dawkins.  The reason Dawkins is on the All Decade Team and Harrison is not, is quite simply because Dawkins was better than Harrison.  Sharper is a bit closer case, but Sharper had 5 Pro-Bowls and 2 1st Team All Pro.  Harrison had 2 of each (though he was a pro bowl one season he wasn't an all pro and was all pro a season he wasn't in the pro bowl which is just weird).  So Sharper by those that follow the sport had more great seasons compared to his peers than Harrison did.  In other words, Sharper was also better than Harrison.

There isn't some weird conspiracy against the Patriots, this is just a case of rose-colored glasses by a fan.   

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Tom Brady is the only player that was on the first and last title the Patriots had.  It isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison with teams that had a short dominant run with basically the same core group.  That said, Brady might very well be the only HOFer that played on that first title team, well maybe Vinatieri gets in, but it is hard for kickers to make the HOF.

Brian Dawkins is entering the HOF this year.  Rodney Harrison is not in the HOF despite retiring a full 3 years before Dawkins.  The reason Dawkins is on the All Decade Team and Harrison is not, is quite simply because Dawkins was better than Harrison.  Sharper is a bit closer case, but Sharper had 5 Pro-Bowls and 2 1st Team All Pro.  Harrison had 2 of each (though he was a pro bowl one season he wasn't an all pro and was all pro a season he wasn't in the pro bowl which is just weird).  So Sharper by those that follow the sport had more great seasons compared to his peers than Harrison did.  In other words, Sharper was also better than Harrison.

There isn't some weird conspiracy against the Patriots, this is just a case of rose-colored glasses by a fan.   
If you think winning an award or something somehow is evidence that a player is better than another......while the other is winning more....I mean sure. Go ahead. Put all the losers in the HOF. Let them have their yellow jackets while the Patriots are cleaning their rings.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Brian Dawkins is definitely better than Rodney Harrison. Like they arent even close.

Ty Law should definitely be behind Champ Bailey. Again, not that close.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Harrison was very unpopular around the league. I think his resume far undersells his greatness.

He deserved much more recognition in terms of all-pro and pro-bowls than he got.

He still isnt in the same universe as Reed, Polamalu or Dawkins, but I don't think Harrison's awards accurately represent how good he really was.