Author Topic: 30 years from now Patriots Hall of Fame will be better than actual hall of fame.  (Read 31287 times)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
You're just being an absurd fan, OP.

The only player the Pats have had who is the best at his position is Brady. When you look at the all-stars the rest of the league has had just in the last 30 or so years, Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Peyton Manning, Larry Allen, Bruce Smith,  Aaron Rodgers, Antonio Brown etc etc  then you start to realize just how preposterous your post was.

Yeah Peyton is a stretch.

What about the Gronk? Who is better?

Not a player, but who is a better coach than Belichick?

Brady, Belichick, and Gronk are tops at what they do.

They are. The NFL team would have the second best at those positions, and the best everywhere else, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

The only player the Pats have had who is the best at his position is Brady. When you look at the all-stars the rest of the league has had just in the last 30 or so years, Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Peyton Manning, Larry Allen, Bruce Smith,  Aaron Rodgers, Antonio Brown etc etc  then you start to realize just how preposterous your post was.

They are. The NFL team would have the second best at those positions, and the best everywhere else, though.
And the best by a very wide margin, and it isn't like a guy like Montana sucks.  He isn't far behind Brady.  And there are plenty of great coaches in NFL history- Landry, Knoll, Parcells, etc. 

I've seen a lot of homerism on this site, but this thread takes the cake, which is very impressive in and of itself.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

But at the two most important spots (coach and QB)...we're better by a wide margin

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Quick question.  Who would you rather have? Montana-Rice or Brady-anyone? Had to think about, didn't you?

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
One possible defense, skewed toward modern players:

Safety: Ronnie Lott, Ed Reed

Nickel Back: Darren Woodson

CB: Dion Sanders, Charles Woodson

ILB: Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher

OLB: Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas

Defensive Line: Reggie White, J.J. Watt, Warren Sapp, John Randle

Defensive Coordinator: Buddy Ryan

Legitimately, would Brady even survive the game? He’d be pressured every throw.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Quick question.  Who would you rather have? Montana-Rice or Brady-anyone? Had to think about, didn't you?

Nope.

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
This is asinine & homerism at its best.  A group of NFL legends would kick the crap out of an all-time Pats team.   

Nope.

Agreed.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
When you look at the players that should be in the Pats HOF vs the actual HOF....reveals some interesting stuff.

One guy that will just never be in the HOF is Lawyer Milloy. Only 2 Pro Bowls. He will actually have a pretty difficult time making the Patriots HOF.

Rodney Harrison...only 2 Pro Bowls yet 4 All Pros.  He's not a lock for either hall any immediate time soon.

Then you have McCourty who's not done yet. 2 Pro Bowls yet 3 2nd team All Pros. 

Give me those guys over lots and lots of other guys.

Ty Law vs Deion Sanders?  Yeah. Let's see Deion try to tackle Gronk. Let's see how that goes. The only reason you maybe go with him is he's a good returner and a competent receiver.

If Ty had just danced a little more and worn more bling and done more commercials he'd probably be in the HOF. 

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Give me Gronk, Randy, and Edelman as the only receivers every play with Curtis Martin and/or maybe Kevin Faulk as an outlet. 

I simply don't believe a team of Pro Bowl OLs will be so utterly overwhelmed that Brady will be destroyed.

Give me what....Bruce Amrmstong, Hannah, Logan Mankins, Matt Light on the right side....whoever....Koppen, Waters. Thuney.  I don't care.

That defense will be sucking wind and taking aspirin after the game

First play.  Send Gronk right at LT on a sweep to bury him and tell him after the play "I thought you were good."

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Nope.
Ok....I grant you.....Brady-anyone being defended by Deion whereas Montana-Rice being defended by Ty Law.....ok. Now it's a little tougher.  Is it the 4th quarter with the game on the line? Is it a blizzard in Gillette? Do we just have to go get a field goal with Viniateri kicking? Being coached by Belichick? Hmmmm......yeah I don't know. Probably Brady.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Give me Gronk, Randy, and Edelman as the only receivers every play with Curtis Martin and/or maybe Kevin Faulk as an outlet. 

I simply don't believe a team of Pro Bowl OLs will be so utterly overwhelmed that Brady will be destroyed.

Give me what....Bruce Amrmstong, Hannah, Logan Mankins, Matt Light on the right side....whoever....Koppen, Waters. Thuney.  I don't care.

That defense will be sucking wind and taking aspirin after the game

First play.  Send Gronk right at LT on a sweep to bury him and tell him after the play "I thought you were good."

LT would break Gronk and Brady legs on the same play.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

But at the two most important spots (coach and QB)...we're better by a wide margin
That just isn't true. 

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Nope.
Ok....I grant you.....Brady-anyone being defended by Deion whereas Montana-Rice being defended by Ty Law.....ok. Now it's a little tougher.  Is it the 4th quarter with the game on the line? Is it a blizzard in Gillette? Do we just have to go get a field goal with Viniateri kicking? Being coached by Belichick? Hmmmm......yeah I don't know. Probably Brady.
again Joe Flacco is 2-2 in the playoffs in New England against Tom Brady.  The first loss, was the game where the Ravens WR dropped a TD in the end zone and then Cundiff missed the game tying FG (the Ravens solved that problem by drafting the most accurate FG kicker in NFL history).  The second game, Brady had a nice comeback twice coming back from 14 down.  But again that is Joe Flacco and a pretty terrible offense at the skill positions.  Put the 2nd best QB ever, with the best OL ever, and the best WR corp and RB group ever, with a great TE (like Tony Gonzalez, Shannon Sharpe, or Antonio Gates in his prime), with the 2nd best coach ever (take your pick between Landry, Parcells, Knoll, etc.) with the best offensive and defensive coordinators ever, and the best defense ever.

It isn't a game.  No amount of willing it or homerism would make it game.  The Patriots would get crushed.

There is only 1 sport and 1 team that would have any shot at all against the field, and even the Yankees would be heavy underdogs in a series against the field.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Those guys are good players. None of them has the post season sacks record.

The record for most post season sacks in a game belongs to.....Willie McGinest...who quite likely will never make the HOF

And you know who has the record for most post season sacks? That would also be Willie McGinest.  He has 1.5 sacks more than the #2 guy who is Bruce Smith, despite playing in 2 less games.

Yeah I get that Reggie White was good. But in this game he's not going past Max Lane to get to Drew Bledsoe. In this game he's gotta go past Matt Light and if he gets close Tom is stepping up in the pocket and dumping off to Kevin Faulk who was helping on LT and then he is running right past Deion who wants no part of it.

Who do you think caused those interceptions and sacks in the Super Bowls? Why do you think Peyton Manning broke down every time he came to New England?
Tell me alllllll about how much better your DEs are than McGinest. Tell me all about it.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Go through the stats of the Super Bowl wins of the Pats. Look at all the Pro Bowlers.

The Eagles had McNabb having the best year of his career. Two Pro Bowl tackles. Prime TO. Pro Bowler Brian Westbrook.

4 sacks. 3 interceptions.