Author Topic: 30 years from now Patriots Hall of Fame will be better than actual hall of fame.  (Read 31295 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The only chance the field would have would be to blitz. The best Patriots tackles....Bruce Armstrong...Solder...Matt Light....they'd have a tough time in this game.

I think it could force the Pats to be more up the middle sending Curtis Martin behind John Hannah and keeping a guy back.

Personally I think keeping extra blockers in and give Tom time to find Troy, Julian, Gronk, and Randy....good luck with that

I would also make the game slightly more fair by saying if the Pats get a prime player the field can't have him. Like the Pats get prime Curtis Martin and prime Randy Moss. So the field doesn't get him. But the field gets Junior Seau not us.

The Pats do not get "prime" Randy Moss under your rules, the NFL team gets him. Moss' prime was in Minnesota.

Look, I appreciate a fan who loves his team. But this is 'Tommy on steroids' level Homer Simpson syndrome.

No individual team HOF would ever beat the league HOF, in any sport. It's just a silly notion. Fun to debate, but silly none the less.
Wait. I said "Prime" not "Best" or "Most".  Randy broke the single season record for TDs with Brady and played a Super Bowl. That's pretty prime

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The bottom line is there are plenty of proud and successful franchises in the NFL.

Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers, Patriots, Giants, and Packers have all won at least 4 SB's. I would put any of those teams individual HOF teams against the Pats and feel confident in winning. Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't, but it would be close.
Only the Patriots have won more than 2 in the salary cap era, right?

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
The bottom line is there are plenty of proud and successful franchises in the NFL.

Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers, Patriots, Giants, and Packers have all won at least 4 SB's. I would put any of those teams individual HOF teams against the Pats and feel confident in winning. Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't, but it would be close.

Denver has 3.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Denver has won 3 (the two with Elway and the one with Peyton).  But it also helps the Patriots when their QB has historically taken around half of what he would be worth on the open market. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Denver has won 3 (the two with Elway and the one with Peyton).  But it also helps the Patriots when their QB has historically taken around half of what he would be worth on the open market.
But of the list given there....only the Pats have more than 2 in the salary cap era...and I totally agree with both your statements. They are both correct. And it wasn't just Brady. Some other guys took less too. Some guys didn't

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
The only chance the field would have would be to blitz. The best Patriots tackles....Bruce Armstrong...Solder...Matt Light....they'd have a tough time in this game.

I think it could force the Pats to be more up the middle sending Curtis Martin behind John Hannah and keeping a guy back.

Personally I think keeping extra blockers in and give Tom time to find Troy, Julian, Gronk, and Randy....good luck with that

I would also make the game slightly more fair by saying if the Pats get a prime player the field can't have him. Like the Pats get prime Curtis Martin and prime Randy Moss. So the field doesn't get him. But the field gets Junior Seau not us.

The Pats do not get "prime" Randy Moss under your rules, the NFL team gets him. Moss' prime was in Minnesota.

Look, I appreciate a fan who loves his team. But this is 'Tommy on steroids' level Homer Simpson syndrome.

No individual team HOF would ever beat the league HOF, in any sport. It's just a silly notion. Fun to debate, but silly none the less.
Wait. I said "Prime" not "Best" or "Most".  Randy broke the single season record for TDs with Brady and played a Super Bowl. That's pretty prime

Randy's prime was clearly in Minnesota. Moss was out of the league in less than 3 years after the 2007 season. He was not injured, just done. You don't go from your prime to out of the league in that time frame, barring injury. If he was still that close to his prime, then there would have been many teams that would have given him another chance.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
the world at peak ability who wins this game.....the players/coaches in the Patriots Hall of Fame or the players/coaches in the actual Hall of Fame and if they are in the Patriots Hall of Fame the other team can't have them?

The Pats will have the best coach, best QB, best TEs, best kickers, best guard.  And pro bowlers and Hall of Famers at virtually every position.

I don't see how they lose that.

Ok....let's go a little more apples to apples. What if it's just Patriots vs field just in the salary cap era? Now who wins?

I got Pats by 10 at Gillette, and by 4 on a neutral field

I should clarify the Pats get the player at the level he played for them. They don't get to pick Junior Seau and get him when he was great, when he only played a couple years for them at the end

Brady is the best QB of all time, Belichik is the best coach all time and one can argue Gronk is one of the best TE of all time.   Other than that, I think your way off.  The rest of the league would beat you at almost every other position.

Moss played his best years elsewhere.   The Patriots are a great team but do a lot of their individual defenders stand out enough?

If we are talking teams that could give them trouble.   86 Bears, certain 49er teams and some of the Steel Curtain Steelers could given them a run for their money, I think.   

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Randy's prime was clearly in Minnesota. Moss was out of the league in less than 3 years after the 2007 season. He was not injured, just done. You don't go from your prime to out of the league in that time frame, barring injury. If he was still that close to his prime, then there would have been many teams that would have given him another chance.
Fine. Give me sub prime Randy.  Personally I expect this game to revolve around the trenches more than the receivers.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Btw.....just to kinda give you an example of what I think of the people that try to tell us how good various players are.....the Steelers have 10 Pro Bowlers this year. The Pats have 4. Isn't that adorable?

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Btw.....just to kinda give you an example of what I think of the people that try to tell us how good various players are.....the Steelers have 10 Pro Bowlers this year. The Pats have 4. Isn't that adorable?
The Pats only deserve 4, but when 1 of them is Brady, it helps a great deal.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
This happens every year to the Patriots. It's extremely common to see a bunch of players from other teams go to the Pro Bowl while the Patriots go to the Super Bowl.

I don't think it happens to the other teams as much. It's amusing to New Englanders.

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
You're just being an absurd fan, OP.

The only player the Pats have had who is the best at his position is Brady. When you look at the all-stars the rest of the league has had just in the last 30 or so years, Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Peyton Manning, Larry Allen, Bruce Smith,  Aaron Rodgers, Antonio Brown etc etc  then you start to realize just how preposterous your post was.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

The only player the Pats have had who is the best at his position is Brady. When you look at the all-stars the rest of the league has had just in the last 30 or so years, Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Peyton Manning, Larry Allen, Bruce Smith,  Aaron Rodgers, Antonio Brown etc etc  then you start to realize just how preposterous your post was.
Peyton Manning! HA! Good one!

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

Yeah Peyton is a stretch.

What about the Gronk? Who is better?

Not a player, but who is a better coach than Belichick?

Brady, Belichick, and Gronk are tops at what they do.

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
This happens every year to the Patriots. It's extremely common to see a bunch of players from other teams go to the Pro Bowl while the Patriots go to the Super Bowl.

I don't think it happens to the other teams as much. It's amusing to New Englanders.

It is because the Steelers are a collection of great talent, while the Patriots are a team of decent/good players who get better when they are coached up and play together.

Give Pitt Belichick at coach and they would have won far more.