Author Topic: 30 years from now Patriots Hall of Fame will be better than actual hall of fame.  (Read 31283 times)

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
what is the ring count?

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
what is the ring count?

Well, at least THIS year it won't be anymore for Eja's Superman - errr - Tom Brady.

Peyton? He lives for another 2 weeks...could possibly add ring #2.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
what is the ring count?

Well, at least THIS year it won't be anymore for Eja's Superman - errr - Tom Brady.

Do you believe that? I can't imagine the spread being less than two TDs in favor of either NFC team. Super Bowl ought to be a complete joke.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So basically, the only thing you need to beat a Tom Brady led team is a Manning, doesn't matter which one.

Manning family is 5-2 vs Brady in playoffs, and 2-0 in the SB.

Ha!

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
what is the ring count?

Do you believe that? I can't imagine the spread being less than two TDs in favor of either NFC team. Super Bowl ought to be a complete joke.

Could be.

But all I know is that Eja can put the NE Patriots GodMode talk on hold for the rest of the season. He REALLY put the Patriots UP THERE in this thread.

You'd think that His Title here in this thread makes the Patriots look like the Justice League. Look like the Avengers.

Nonsense.

Look, I know that as a FAN you're supposed to root for your team, but Eja goes FULL TOMMY H here. He makes TOMMY look like an amateur with his Patriots talk in this thread.

Kinda helps me to look at perhaps how OTHER fanbases may view US as Celtics Fans. After all, there ARE other legends out there - in Basketball AND in Football as well.

And they don't wear Celtics Green NOR NE Blue, Gray and Red.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This is just becoming more and more obvious.

All time Patriots vs the all time field and they win. 

Best player. Best coach. Dominated the most competitive era.

They win.

And the All Time Celts beat the All Time Field as well. The field would just end up being the all time Lakers plus MJ and Dr. J  The All Time Spurs are probably the only team that could even fight back.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Other than the Celts and Patriots is there another franchise that can make this claim?  I would think the Yankees would have a chance.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Yeah, Eja will be ready to trade Brady for a bag of Doritos if they falter against PHI.

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT???

Don't sleep on PHI.

But of course "IF" Brady has a bad game he can always blame it on the cut on his finger...............

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Other than the Celts and Patriots is there another franchise that can make this claim?  I would think the Yankees would have a chance.

Oilers in hockey.
Lakers and Celts at basketball.
Yankees in baseball. Sox and Dodgers could field multiple historically good aces, so they’d have a shot.

But, they’d all be underdogs.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Yeah, Eja will be ready to trade Brady for a bag of Doritos if they falter against PHI.

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT???

Don't sleep on PHI.

But of course "IF" Brady has a bad game he can always blame it on the cut on his finger...............
Woah woah woah.......If Brady has a historically bad game.....annnnnddd we get offered a couple of reallllyyy nice bags of Tostitos....those thick restaurant quality ones.....well then it's a tough decision.  But get those Doritos out of here.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Oilers in hockey.
Lakers and Celts at basketball.
Yankees in baseball. Sox and Dodgers could field multiple historically good aces, so they’d have a shot.

But, they’d all be underdogs.
Sox and Dodgers would be very interesting. Babe Ruth vs Sandy Koufax I got Kofax. And Schilling and Pedro aren't taking any of Babe's guff

With the Oilers....they only have 7 Stanley Cup appearances vs the Canadiens 34 so we'd be going entirely on the Gretzky 1980s

College sports.....Duke vs the field? UNC or UCLA vs the field?

Alabama vs the field?

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'd still take the regular HOF, without the Pats, then just the Pats, and I'd dominate.  There are just far too many great players spread throughout the league for this to be any sort of real contest.  Frankly, I think you could argue a team like Steelers, Cowboys, or Niners would have a better team than the Patriots anyway.  I mean imagine if you just started with the Ravens 2000 defense, then you added players like Lawrence Taylor, Dick Butkas, Mike Singletary, Ronnie Lott, etc.  Then on offense you start with a team like the 90's Cowboys and swap out Aikman for Montana, add guys like Anthony Munoz to the line, put Jim Brown and Walter Payton along with Emmitt Smith, add Jerry Rice, Cris Carter, etc. 

This notion that one team's HOF eclipses the other 29 teams HOF is just silly nonsense. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Can't wait to see Deion Sanders try to tackle Gronk.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The only chance the field would have would be to blitz. The best Patriots tackles....Bruce Armstrong...Solder...Matt Light....they'd have a tough time in this game.

I think it could force the Pats to be more up the middle sending Curtis Martin behind John Hannah and keeping a guy back.

Personally I think keeping extra blockers in and give Tom time to find Troy, Julian, Gronk, and Randy....good luck with that

I would also make the game slightly more fair by saying if the Pats get a prime player the field can't have him. Like the Pats get prime Curtis Martin and prime Randy Moss. So the field doesn't get him. But the field gets Junior Seau not us.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The only chance the field would have would be to blitz. The best Patriots tackles....Bruce Armstrong...Solder...Matt Light....they'd have a tough time in this game.

I think it could force the Pats to be more up the middle sending Curtis Martin behind John Hannah and keeping a guy back.

Personally I think keeping extra blockers in and give Tom time to find Troy, Julian, Gronk, and Randy....good luck with that

I would also make the game slightly more fair by saying if the Pats get a prime player the field can't have him. Like the Pats get prime Curtis Martin and prime Randy Moss. So the field doesn't get him. But the field gets Junior Seau not us.

Can the Pats stop an offense featuring, say, Joe Montana (or Steve Young or Peyton Manning) throwing to Jerry Rice, Antonio Brown, Calvin Johnson and Tony Gonzalez, and handing off to Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders and Walter Payton?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes