Author Topic: 30 years from now Patriots Hall of Fame will be better than actual hall of fame.  (Read 31310 times)

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

If you took the 2nd best player of all time and put him on massive amounts of steroids (forgiving the part where Jerry Rice was already on them) and then you took THAT player and put that player on massive amounts of steroids you'd start to have Brady....you'd maybe have Viniateri or something.

Superman wears Tom Brady pajamas. But his mom doesn't want him to because she thinks it's too much pressure to live up to.

eja, I love it all. But didn't you want to trade Brady for Matt Ryan and a couple first round picks a few years ago?

The seven teams he does not lead are

PATRIOTS

REDSKINS

GIANTS

COWBOYS

NINERS

PACKERS

RAIDERS

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Here's what I got out of this thread....

OP: I'm drunk and rambling

Thread: No kidding!

OP: No, no, I mean you're all witnesses.

Thread: To what, you urinating on yourself in public?

OP: Bah...Tom Brady's balls...I mean rings!  Ringsssss!

Thread: Yeah, you're drunk.
This is what I got out of it.

OP....You all wish you were Patriots fans!

Thread...No we don't!

OP. Yeeessss yoooouuu doooo

Thread...Well of course we do, duh.

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
QB - Tom Brady '07
HB - Corey Dillon '04
HB - Curtis Martin '95
FB - Jim Nance '66
WR - Randy Moss '07
WR - Wes Welker '11
WR - Stanley Morgan '79
WR - Terry Glenn '96
WR - Troy Brown '01
TE - Rob Gronkowski '11
TE - Ben Coates '94
TE - Russ Francis '78

G - John Hannah '80
G - Logan Mankins '10
G - Brian Waters '11
C - Jon Morris '66
T - Bruce Armstrong '96
T - Matt Light '07
T - Leon Gray '78
T - Brian Holloway '85

LB - Nick Buoniconti '66
LB - Andre Tippett '85
LB - Jerod Mayo '10
LB - Steve Nelson '80
LB - Tom Addison '61
DE - Richard Seymour '04
DE - Larry Eisenhauer '63
DE - Willie McGinest '96
DT - Houston Antwine '63
DT - Vince Wilfork '12

CB - Darrelle Revis '14
CB - Mike Haynes '76
CB - Ty Law '03
CB - Raymond Clayborn '85
S - Rodney Harrison '03
S - Lawyer Milloy '99

K - Adam Vinatieri '01
(or Stephen Gostowski '15?)
P - Rich Camarillo '83
PR - Irving Fryar '85
KR - Dave Meggett '96
Gunner - Matthew Slater '14
Miscellaneous - Gino Cappelletti '64

I'm sure there's a better version of that. I'm not a huge football fan. But still, that looks like the makings of a nearly-unbeatable all-time single-season team.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:43:17 PM by Dino Pitino »
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
John Stallworth and Lynn Swann? Wow. Just wow. So let me explain how that would go. Ty Law would hit Swan in the mouth and Rodney would knock pretty boy Stallworth into next Wednesday and if they go across the middle one of the many Pats LBs will end them.

I don't think you're old enough to realize what the Steelers defense would do to the Pats. If you're talking about Ty Law hitting someone in the mouth, consider the other side of the field. Brady's not very effective in games where he gets hit a lot, those guys would have him running from shadows by halftime.

And, full disclosure, the Steelers are near the top of my "most hated franchises" list.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
John Stallworth and Lynn Swann? Wow. Just wow. So let me explain how that would go. Ty Law would hit Swan in the mouth and Rodney would knock pretty boy Stallworth into next Wednesday and if they go across the middle one of the many Pats LBs will end them.

I don't think you're old enough to realize what the Steelers defense would do to the Pats. If you're talking about Ty Law hitting someone in the mouth, consider the other side of the field. Brady's not very effective in games where he gets hit a lot, those guys would have him running from shadows by halftime.

And, full disclosure, the Steelers are near the top of my "most hated franchises" list.
Overrated team that played in an era of what....25 teams or something? No salary cap? Going up against an OL of all pro bowlers and Ben Coates and Gronk and Brady and that team would have no idea what hit them. That defense never faced a player anything like Gronk, let alone the GOAT

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Which franchises could put together a better offensive line from single-season peaks? Raiders, Cowboys, Steelers, Vikings, Rams, and...any others? Patriots all-time offensive line is arguably top 5, see above. Brady would be relatively well-protected.

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Overrated team that played in an era of what....25 teams or something? No salary cap? Going up against an OL of all pro bowlers and Ben Coates and Gronk and Brady and that team would have no idea what hit them. That defense never faced a player anything like Gronk, let alone the GOAT

I don't think there's any real takeaway from this thread beyond your liking the Patriots and don't know much about the history of the league. And, as an fyi, the "fewer teams and no salary cap" means that a) the talent was concentrated in the fewer teams and b) there wasn't the parity that comes with a salary cap.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
Which franchises could put together a better offensive line from single-season peaks? Raiders, Cowboys, Steelers, Vikings, Rams, and...any others? Patriots all-time offensive line is arguably top 5, see above. Brady would be relatively well-protected.

Start with the Dolphins, with three 1000 yard rushers in one season.

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Start with the Dolphins, with three 1000 yard rushers in one season.

Two teammates, you mean? But still, okay, granted. So that's six franchises with a better all-time OL. Is there a seventh?

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
LOL.

Broncos-Patriots next week, boys and girls.

Time for the checks that eja have written in this thread to be cashed by his Patriots team.

My guess is that there is no money in the bank this time, for NE.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Are u scurred, Eja ;D

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Scared of the Broncos? God no. Brady has ended the legend of Peyton Manning about 7 times now. 

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I don't think there's any real takeaway from this thread beyond your liking the Patriots and don't know much about the history of the league. And, as an fyi, the "fewer teams and no salary cap" means that a) the talent was concentrated in the fewer teams and b) there wasn't the parity that comes with a salary cap.
So what that means is that there were the same number of Pro Bowlers but that Brady did more winning with guys like David Patten and Givens, against teams loaded with Pro Bowlers, like the Colts, than the Steelers ever did.

Give Brady a team full of Pro Bowlers like the Cowboys and Niners and whatnot and how many rings does Brady win? 13?

Hey I think I see a call coming into a phone booth over there. It's for you. It's the past.

Hey could you do me a favor and tell us all stories about how great Jim Taylor was when the league had virtually no black guys and had half as many teams and played like 10 games a year.

Or maybe we could hear about how great the league was back when Joe Namath made a Hall of Fame career on 50% passing and would have a cigarette and coffee for breakfast.

Maybe we could discuss how incredible the Steel Curtain was before the zone blitz was even invented.

Perhaps we could get into how today's Patriots would play in coverage back when the horse collar was legal and when you could play defense on a guy without being called for breathing on him.

We could discuss how incredibly good and athletic the league was back in the days of no black quarterbacks.

Please. Please tell me about the glorious history of the league before Tom Brady showed up and broke every record. It should be very interesting.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
A wise man once said, "don't argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who".

I find it humorous the number of posters that have been successfully trolled by one of the more notorious trolls here.

Job well done, eja.

Have a TP!

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Saying "The Patriots are better than everyone else" isn't exactly trolling. It's like saying 2+2=4. Someday if a different player surpasses Brady then there you go.