Author Topic: 30 years from now Patriots Hall of Fame will be better than actual hall of fame.  (Read 31312 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I can finally see why Lakers fans think WE'RE crazy, LOL.

I guess ALL fan bases have a fringe.

You are PRICELESS, eja - don't let anyone tell you differently.
I am also right.

"Must've hit pretty close to the mark to get her all riled up like that, eh kid?" - Han Solo

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Tom Brady alone has more post season wins than about 22 entire franchises. And he probably passed some more teams tonight.

If Brady ever wants to be around the best players that ever played what he needs to do is skip his Hall of Fame enshrinement and have a ring cleaning party with his old teammates.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I can finally see why Lakers fans think WE'RE crazy, LOL.

I guess ALL fan bases have a fringe.

You are PRICELESS, eja - don't let anyone tell you differently.
I am also right.

"Must've hit pretty close to the mark to get her all riled up like that, eh kid?" - Han Solo

Yes, right crazy, lol.

If DEN gets a crack at NE and beats you all, I'll feel free to bump this thread.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Well the problem the Patriots now face is very familiar to them. Do they book the hotel rooms for the Super Bowl now in order to save money at the risk of losing the deposit?

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
The hilarious thing here is that here lately I can honestly see Tom B saying some of this same mess, lol..

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
This is the only team where a 16-0 regular season = a horrid year.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
You don't want to hear this but the all time Giants would beat them. 

Take the pass rush that bothered the Pat offense so much and add LT. 

Heck, add any of the 80s lbers.  Giants have been average at best at lber since 2000.

All time 49ers are a nightmare. 

All time Packers.

All time team crushes all other teams.

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Heck, add any of the 80s lbers.  Giants have been average at best at lber since 2000.

All time Packers.

This. Nice run under Belichek. But football was good looooooong before the Pats ever were.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
So 30 years from now if you had God like ability and could have every player in the history of the world at peak ability who wins this game.....the players/coaches in the Patriots Hall of Fame or the players/coaches in the actual Hall of Fame and if they are in the Patriots Hall of Fame the other team can't have them?

The Pats will have the best coach, best QB, best TEs, best kickers, best guard.  And pro bowlers and Hall of Famers at virtually every position.

I don't see how they lose that.

Ok....let's go a little more apples to apples. What if it's just Patriots vs field just in the salary cap era? Now who wins?

I got Pats by 10 at Gillette, and by 4 on a neutral field

I should clarify the Pats get the player at the level he played for them. They don't get to pick Junior Seau and get him when he was great, when he only played a couple years for them at the end

Mike Haynes and Darrell Revis, too, yeah?

Hmmm.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

All time Packers.

While I agree Bruce Armstrong would have a very difficult time with the all time Giants team I am still curious what second tier QB and coach the other team would have. It would be important and if this game comes down to the kickers the Pats win.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
While it's true that LT was the best LB of the 80s (if not all time) the Pats had the 2nd best LB at the time (Tippet). 

Jamie Collins could end up in the same sentence when this is all done.

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Since the all-time teams available online are career-based, why don't you list the full roster of single-season greats in Patriots history? That way everyone can see that, say, the RB would be Curtis Martin. I think folks would be surprised at how many single-season elites the Pats would be featuring.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Shaq was just a babe when the REAL DIESEL was on the tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wCRJyl2iQ4

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
So....to think this out.

All time teams.  Players with a reasonable chance at the Patriots Hall of Fame if I get my way.

WRs....Edelmen, Moss, Brown, Morgan, Cappelletti.  With Brady throwing to that...I'll take that over anyone.

TEs....Gronk, Ben Coates.  Ok....this is pretty much a done deal already.

QB....The GOAT

RB...unfortunately all I have to pick from is Sam Cunningham. It would be nice if I could have Curtis Martin or Corey Dillon but I likely can't. Robert Edwards would have been great but God took his knee. I have doubts Dion Lewis ends up in the Pats Hall, however I do think I'll get Kevin Faulk.

OL....Bruce Armstrong, Hannah, Koppen, Logan Mankins, Matt Light with Bryan Stork in there some day and possibly Vollmer.    All these players, expect Light were basically the best at their position when they played.

DL....Ok...things maybe get interesting here.  I'm looking in the directions of Richard Sherman, Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork, Mcginnest, Chandler Jones, Ninkovic, and Tippet.

LBs....Bruchi, Hightower, Jamie Collins, Ted Johnson, Steve Nelson, Vrabel

DBs...also interesting.....Haynes, Law, Rodney, Lawyer Milloy, McCourty, Butler

K...the best kicker of all time, and like the 10th best

special teams....Slater and Larry Izzo

coach....the best of all time

cheerleaders...no apologies here.

weirdo groupies...those Patriot guys that fire those muskets.

This team wins hands down.  Generally the talent on the field evens out, except the Pats bring a dominant coach, QB, and TE that are more like video game players or something.

Your best shot to defeat this is to bring Tim Tebow from that year God personally blessed him.