Author Topic: BREAKING: Nets fire Hollins, King steps down  (Read 29460 times)

Re: BREAKING: Nets fire Hollins, King steps down
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2016, 12:42:49 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Oh man the tank commanders are out... going to be interesting to see where this goes, probably strip the team which will help our pick

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2016, 12:42:59 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
This is perfect. New GM will come in and realize they are bare to the bone and try and trade Lopez/Thad Young to picks.  That also buys the new GM some time as well.

Still ticked off at those two Nets losses however.
new gm might also come in and make a couple moves to help them win.
such as? what do they have to trade that would bring back better players now, this season? as stated, this post makes no sense that i can see.
I think Thad Young could get two first round picks or a young wing player with promise. Dude is having a really good year.

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2016, 12:43:32 PM »

Offline LHR

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Executive Producer & Host: Celtics Beat Podcast
Love this

@WojVerticalNBA Who is running the Nets for now? Unclear within organization. Almost all learned of firings via news release.
Author: Fall of the Boston Celtics
Available Here: http://www.clnsradio/LHRbook

EP & Host: Celtics Beat Podcast
Available here: http://apple.co/1E29sq0

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2016, 12:43:35 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Oh man the tank commanders are out... going to be interesting to see where this goes
Prob 15 pages deep by gametime

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2016, 12:44:51 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I the short term , doubt it means much ....but for the nets future it was the the best move . Not that Hollins was bad .....I think he was the scape goat for King .   The problem was King .....but he is the owners buddy. .....

So somebody had to go down.

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2016, 12:45:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
This is perfect. New GM will come in and realize they are bare to the bone and try and trade Lopez/Thad Young to picks.  That also buys the new GM some time as well.

Not really.  They'd have nothing to trade except for the aforementioned Lopez and Thad Young
same thing I was thinking.

just Mr. Every-other-team-is-coming-up-roses putting his usual negative spin on all things Celtic

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2016, 12:45:16 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Not really.  They'd have nothing to trade except for the aforementioned Lopez and Thad Young

Joe Johnson is still a capable shooter that could be very valuable to a contender in a reserve role.  He has $25M coming off the books.  The Nets could take on a lot of salary coming back and nab either a future pick or a serviceable player that could work for them...sort of like the KG for Thad deal last year.

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2016, 12:45:31 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

such as? what do they have to trade that would bring back better players now, this season? as stated, this post makes no sense that i can see.
I think Thad Young could get two first round picks or a young wing player with promise. Dude is having a really good year.
2 Firsts or a young wing prospect?

Thats an awful lot. I could see him getting either a first or an OK wing prospect.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2016, 12:46:12 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

2 firsts?  not likely.  Doubt he brings back what we got for Jeff Green.

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2016, 12:46:45 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Dallas pick for Thad Young? I'd do it

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2016, 12:46:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
How about this one.

Jabari Parker, Vasquez and Monroe for Thad Young and Brook Lopez and something else.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2016, 12:46:50 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Lopez might the most value we can get out of the pick .....since we aren't getting Simmons

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2016, 12:47:00 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Yes exactly.  He is playing exceptional this year.  And he was acquired by trading an expensive and fading KG to a lottery team.

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2016, 12:47:39 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

2 firsts?  not likely.  Doubt he brings back what we got for Jeff Green.
I think Hed bring back a little more than Green did.

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2016, 12:48:07 PM »

Offline LHR

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Executive Producer & Host: Celtics Beat Podcast

Joe Johnson is still a capable shooter that could be very valuable to a contender in a reserve role.  He has $25M coming off the books.  The Nets could take on a lot of salary coming back and nab either a future pick or a serviceable player that could work for them...sort of like the KG for Thad deal last year.

Joe Johnson has an 8 PER. Capable shooter? He's not an NBA player anymore.  His expiring salary means nothing when every team will have cap space this year.  He has as much value as a Powerball ticket from last night.  He will be bought out after the deadline.
Author: Fall of the Boston Celtics
Available Here: http://www.clnsradio/LHRbook

EP & Host: Celtics Beat Podcast
Available here: http://apple.co/1E29sq0