Author Topic: Celtics (19-17) at Grizzlies (20-18) Game #37 1/10/16  (Read 45982 times)

Re: Celtics (19-17) at Grizzlies (20-18) Game #37 1/10/16
« Reply #480 on: January 11, 2016, 12:03:25 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Just joined.  Give me the cliffs notes version please. Thanks.

Nope, nobody deserves to have to go through that again!  ;D

But, seriously, we played a nearly perfect first quarter. We went up by 21 and kept a big lead through halftime. After halftime, Brad got weird with his rotations again leaving bench players that were under-performing in there too long, especially Lee who was 2-12 and just awful. They dominated us on the boards and eventually took the lead and won it.
I usually don't mind that Lee is awful (he often is), but he becomes a problem when he tries to assert his awfulness as a large part of our offense. He sure did today, it was hard to watch. Zeller, at his worst, would have been better.

Having not yet seen the game, I'll have to take your word for it on Lee, as apparently 2/12 doesn't show nearly how bad he really was, but Zeller, really?  Please, god, no.  Just no.  There are plenty of better players in the d-league, and I'm not just talking about Jordan Mickey.
Zeller isnt really all that bad, he usually makes the right play for the team. Unlike Lee, who just looks for his shot really, for the most part.

Re: Celtics (19-17) at Grizzlies (20-18) Game #37 1/10/16
« Reply #481 on: January 11, 2016, 06:08:38 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Just joined.  Give me the cliffs notes version please. Thanks.

Nope, nobody deserves to have to go through that again!  ;D

But, seriously, we played a nearly perfect first quarter. We went up by 21 and kept a big lead through halftime. After halftime, Brad got weird with his rotations again leaving bench players that were under-performing in there too long, especially Lee who was 2-12 and just awful. They dominated us on the boards and eventually took the lead and won it.
I usually don't mind that Lee is awful (he often is), but he becomes a problem when he tries to assert his awfulness as a large part of our offense. He sure did today, it was hard to watch. Zeller, at his worst, would have been better.

I totally understand why people are putting dirt on Lee after this game - he was horrible. 

What I don't get is why on earth people aren't criticising Sully just as much.  He hurt as as much as Lee (if not, then it was [dang] close). 

He too so many terrible shots, and when we were getting killed on the boards late in the 4th quarter Sully was nowhere to be seen - was was constantly standing on the outside of three memphis players and watching the ball.

Defensively he was as lazy as a sack of [something I can't write do to CB censorship].  I just don't get why Sully gets away with so much bad play.  One thing here and there is fine, but when he makes bone headplay after bonehead play he should be benched.

Should have been Olynyk and Lee out there for the vast majority of the 4th quarter.  Olynyk might not always score or rebound at a high level, but at least he plays hard on both ends of the floor and usually makes the right play.  When we had Thomas/Bradley/Crowder/Amir/Olynyk on the court we were killing them.