Author Topic: Kentucky vs LSU  (Read 3679 times)

Kentucky vs LSU
« on: January 05, 2016, 09:34:51 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Right now, great contest that will give some insight into few good prospects.

As of now 18- 10 LSU leading

Simmons with slowish start with 2 points 4 boards and 1 assists

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400830377

Re: Kentucky vs LSU
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 09:37:27 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I'm not sure why everyone is freaking out about his shot so much. It's certainly not pretty, but he's 6'10", massive, athletic, smart, and an unreal passer. He and Ingram are really special.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 09:39:46 PM »

• Bill Walton
I'm not sure why everyone is freaking out about his shot so much. It's certainly not pretty, but he's 6'10", massive, athletic, smart, and an unreal passer. He and Ingram are really special.

I agree 100%, but if we were lucky enough to draft Ingram, what would we do with Crowder? Take Bradley spot? Ingram is way to weak to play stretch 4 and Crowder can't do it on a week to week basis...food for thought

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 09:44:52 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

I agree 100%, but if we were lucky enough to draft Ingram, what would we do with Crowder? Take Bradley spot? Ingram is way to weak to play stretch 4 and Crowder can't do it on a week to week basis...food for thought

I'd call that a good problem to have.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 09:52:30 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Even being just 6'6", I'm not sure that Crowder can play SG full time. I don't know if he has the lateral quickness and speed to stay with some of the smaller guys. It would be awesome if he did, though, because we could have a pretty imposing backcourt of size, strength, and defense with Smart and Crowder in the backcourt.

He's still probably best as a sixth-man type coming off of the bench.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 09:56:49 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
Even being just 6'6", I'm not sure that Crowder can play SG full time. I don't know if he has the lateral quickness and speed to stay with some of the smaller guys. It would be awesome if he did, though, because we could have a pretty imposing backcourt of size, strength, and defense with Smart and Crowder in the backcourt.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 09:59:58 PM »

• Bill Walton

Yes, very true...thats why in a perfect world if we got the choice i'd rather Simmons over Ingram as he slots in perfectly as a Odom type of PF

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 11:09:35 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Impressive win by LSU. Wasn't just Simmons but even in limited minutes he was huge. Outside of shooting jumpers he does everything so well. If he develops that J...I can't even imagine

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 11:15:20 PM »

• Bill Walton
Impressive win by LSU. Wasn't just Simmons but even in limited minutes he was huge. Outside of shooting jumpers he does everything so well. If he develops that J...I can't even imagine

Do you think he'll stay as a PF in the NBA or move to the 3?

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 11:17:46 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

So even with all the improved play, he's still a bench player on a good team?