Author Topic: rondo filling up stats  (Read 8895 times)

Re: rondo filling up stats
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2016, 01:27:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I haven't seen any SAC games.  Is the defense still sagging off him and daring him to shoot?

From what I have read / seen, yes.

Rondo also still spends a lot of his time playing free safety on defense.  Gives up a lot of backdoor / weak side stuff.

Rondo, for better and for worse, spent his formative years in the NBA playing off and setting up great scorers, with a historically great defensive big man manning the back line defensively, at a time when teams weren't as smart about ignoring poor shooters on one end and whipping the ball around to bomb it from deep on the weak side on the other end.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2016, 01:57:14 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
They are actually inching towards .500 which is good for Rondo... and I guess bad for our hopes of landing Cousins.

I never doubted Rondo's ability to rack up stats on a system that catered to him.  As long as he's playing big minutes and controlling the ball at all times, he can be a statistical beast. 

If you intend to run a modern "pace-and-space" offense built around ball movement and shooting, Rondo will prove to be a liability.  It was clear that we were better without him 3 years in a row and instead of seeing him successfully adapt to playing Brad's system, Boston basically just let Rondo keep doing Rondo things during his final days... to the detriment of the team and the system they were trying to implement.   Then he ends up in Dallas... which was at the time the shining example of a "pace and space" offense... and Rondo was predictably a disaster.

But as long as you give him the keys and let him run the show, he'll get you lots of assists.  His 35% three point shooting deserves credit.   Shooting 50% from the line and his team being 6 games under .500 is a problem, but they are actually 1.5 games out of the playoffs.

The years we "were worse with Rondo" were ones where he was recovering from knee surgery, right?

I seem to recall that the team actually got better when Rondo went out the year he got injured, too, though I also recall that there was a lot of controversy at the time about why that might be.
Yep. There were quite a few words spilled over this exact issue. The facts showed the celtics winning more games without rondo, aNd a higher winning percentage, than with him. He was healthy for a fair amount of this.

As to why, as brought out by pho, each poster's opinion held sway.
It's because Rondo was chasing an assist streak, the offense was predictable and his stats were empty.   As soon as healthy Rondo went down, the ball flowed through Pierce, the team started sharing the ball and hitting shots, and we crawled from a below .500 team to making the playoffs. 

Another way of looking at it is the team went on a brief run after Rondo went down until teams adjusted to our change in style, then reverted to playing worse than we did with Rondo in the lineup, and followed that up in the playoffs by putting up some historically bad offensive numbers against a below average defensive team (which obviously happened with the ball flowing through Pierce). Both descriptions of the season are equally accurate. The team was struggling through the regular season (for the 4th year in a row or so) but without Rondo giving them the lift in the playoffs he always did the team was lucky to avoid being swept in the first round.

The biggest adjustment post "brief run" was that Doc selected Avery Bradley as the sole PG and gave him PG duties instead of doing what we were doing during the run. No PG play, move the ball, rebound and run and pass down the floor.

But for some reason Doc had the brain fart of an idea that he'd try to make Avery Bradley a PG again, and everything stalled since. Not only that, Bradley started focusing so much on trying to run the point which he was incapable of doing that he lost a lot of focus on the defensive end.

So in my view it wasn't about teams adjusting to us, but Doc having one of his best brain fart moments.

When Rondo went down the entire team started pushing the ball up and getting into the offense quickly (ironically, as opposed to Rondo being the only one trying to push the pace before). Teams adjusted to that and forced us to play some half court basketball against set defenses, which we had trouble doing without Rondo. Of course there were other reasons the team struggled while Rondo was playing (injuries and the like) but it's probably not worth re-hashing at this point in time.

And coincidentally it all began when Bradley was given PG duties...right...

Maybe. I thought it was more an adjustment forced on us by opposing teams than any deliberate change in style on our part.

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2016, 02:04:52 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
They are actually inching towards .500 which is good for Rondo... and I guess bad for our hopes of landing Cousins.

I never doubted Rondo's ability to rack up stats on a system that catered to him.  As long as he's playing big minutes and controlling the ball at all times, he can be a statistical beast. 

If you intend to run a modern "pace-and-space" offense built around ball movement and shooting, Rondo will prove to be a liability.  It was clear that we were better without him 3 years in a row and instead of seeing him successfully adapt to playing Brad's system, Boston basically just let Rondo keep doing Rondo things during his final days... to the detriment of the team and the system they were trying to implement.   Then he ends up in Dallas... which was at the time the shining example of a "pace and space" offense... and Rondo was predictably a disaster.

But as long as you give him the keys and let him run the show, he'll get you lots of assists.  His 35% three point shooting deserves credit.   Shooting 50% from the line and his team being 6 games under .500 is a problem, but they are actually 1.5 games out of the playoffs.

The years we "were worse with Rondo" were ones where he was recovering from knee surgery, right?

I seem to recall that the team actually got better when Rondo went out the year he got injured, too, though I also recall that there was a lot of controversy at the time about why that might be.
Yep. There were quite a few words spilled over this exact issue. The facts showed the celtics winning more games without rondo, aNd a higher winning percentage, than with him. He was healthy for a fair amount of this.

It's because Rondo was chasing an assist streak, the offense was predictable and his stats were empty.   As soon as healthy Rondo went down, the ball flowed through Pierce, the team started sharing the ball and hitting shots, and we crawled from a below .500 team to making the playoffs. 

Another way of looking at it is the team went on a brief run after Rondo went down until teams adjusted to our change in style, then reverted to playing worse than we did with Rondo in the lineup, and followed that up in the playoffs by putting up some historically bad offensive numbers against a below average defensive team (which obviously happened with the ball flowing through Pierce). Both descriptions of the season are equally accurate. The team was struggling through the regular season (for the 4th year in a row or so) but without Rondo giving them the lift in the playoffs he always did the team was lucky to avoid being swept in the first round.

The biggest adjustment post "brief run" was that Doc selected Avery Bradley as the sole PG and gave him PG duties instead of doing what we were doing during the run. No PG play, move the ball, rebound and run and pass down the floor.

But for some reason Doc had the brain fart of an idea that he'd try to make Avery Bradley a PG again, and everything stalled since. Not only that, Bradley started focusing so much on trying to run the point which he was incapable of doing that he lost a lot of focus on the defensive end.

So in my view it wasn't about teams adjusting to us, but Doc having one of his best brain fart moments.

When Rondo went down the entire team started pushing the ball up and getting into the offense quickly (ironically, as opposed to Rondo being the only one trying to push the pace before). Teams adjusted to that and forced us to play some half court basketball against set defenses, which we had trouble doing without Rondo. Of course there were other reasons the team struggled while Rondo was playing (injuries and the like) but it's probably not worth re-hashing at this point in time.

Maybe. I thought it was more an adjustment forced on us by opposing teams than any deliberate change in style on our part.

So it's your contention then that if the teams adjusted to what we were doing, then the answer was to give Bradley more power in running our offense?

Brain fart from Doc as well if that's how you're painting this.

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2016, 02:06:52 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
I haven't seen any SAC games.  Is the defense still sagging off him and daring him to shoot?

From what I have read / seen, yes.

Rondo also still spends a lot of his time playing free safety on defense.  Gives up a lot of backdoor / weak side stuff.

Rondo, for better and for worse, spent his formative years in the NBA playing off and setting up great scorers, with a historically great defensive big man manning the back line defensively, at a time when teams weren't as smart about ignoring poor shooters on one end and whipping the ball around to bomb it from deep on the weak side on the other end.

You make it sound like he was playing ball in the 70s. People didn't just figure out how to lay off poor shooters, and Rondo obviously drew more attention from defenses as his overall game improved.

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2016, 02:28:22 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

So it's your contention then that if the teams adjusted to what we were doing, then the answer was to give Bradley more power in running our offense?

As we saw in the playoffs, we didn't have any good options to run the offense when we weren't in transition, and the reason we weren't getting into transition as often was because of our opponents, not a conscious choice on our part. Apparently you're unhappy that Bradley was handling the ball at the time but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. If you're claiming Doc deliberately slowed the offense to run it through Avery I'd disagree with that.

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2016, 02:32:23 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

As we saw in the playoffs, we didn't have any good options to run the offense when we weren't in transition, and the reason we weren't getting into transition as often was because of our opponents, not a conscious choice on our part. Apparently you're unhappy that Bradley was handling the ball at the time but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. If you're claiming Doc deliberately slowed the offense to run it through Avery I'd disagree with that.

The rule of thumb for that team was grab the rebound and take it down yourself or pass it up if someone is available.

During the playoffs what was happening was that once we grabbed the rebound, instead of Bradley running up the floor he was actually going back towards whomever grabbed the rebound and ask for the ball... because he was the anointed PG.

I would've rather used Lee in that role if anything. But Lee and Doc had some sort of spat that benched him for the playoffs.

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2016, 02:47:20 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

The rule of thumb for that team was grab the rebound and take it down yourself or pass it up if someone is available.

During the playoffs what was happening was that once we grabbed the rebound, instead of Bradley running up the floor he was actually going back towards whomever grabbed the rebound and ask for the ball... because he was the anointed PG.

I would've rather used Lee in that role if anything. But Lee and Doc had some sort of spat that benched him for the playoffs.

What was happening in the playoffs was the Knicks would cover the outlet passes and press our generally inferior ball handlers. We were having trouble just getting into the front court for much of the series.

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2016, 03:43:29 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

It's because Rondo was chasing an assist streak, the offense was predictable and his stats were empty.   As soon as healthy Rondo went down, the ball flowed through Pierce, the team started sharing the ball and hitting shots, and we crawled from a below .500 team to making the playoffs.  It was the first sign of many that the team played better without him.   The point was hammered home when Rondo went to Dallas and ruined the league's best offense while subsequently Boston crawled from 17 games under .500 to make the playoffs.

ROndo's still capable of putting up those empty stats. Why wouldn't he?  He's the same player as he's always been.  But the Kings are 6 games under .500 and Rondo still has the same flaws.   Credit him for the stats.  Credit him for the Kings only being 1.5 games out of sneaking into the playoffs.  Credit him for hitting threes this year at a surprising clip... but let's not pretend like there's something new to learn about the guy at this point.   Teams need to cater to him for him to be successful.   The Kings are one of the two worst-managed franchises in the league...  if they were a well run team, ROndo wouldn't even be getting this opportunity to inflate stats.  Who knows how long it will last.   Most modern offenses are built around ball movement and shooting... we have plenty of proof that Rondo is incapable of playing that style.  He's a relic of a forgotten time in the same way Kobe Bryant jacking up 30 shots a night is a relic of a forgotten time.  Enjoy it while it lasts.     

Rondo is clearly not the reason the Kings are sub .500

He's been their most productive and consistent player all year.

Injuries and immaturity and coaching/player chemsitry issues plus a zero defense mentality is why that team struggles so much to win games.

You're actually dead wrong.

"The Kings have been pretty bad with Rondo on the court. The team has been outscored by 5.4 points per 100 possessions with Rondo on the floor, and surprisingly (for some) the Kings have actually outscored teams by 1.5 points without Rondo – equivalent to the difference in net rating between the Chicago Bulls and the New Orleans Pelicans.

For comparison, the Kings are 8.2 points better with Cousins on the court than with him on the bench."

So, in point of fact, the Kings improve when Rondo sits.

Now how about on the Mavs?

"Dallas was off to a 19-8 start with a historically elite offensive rating of 113.6 points per 100 possessions before the trade, but there was a consensus opinion within the organization that they needed to upgrade from Nelson, particularly defensively, to have a legitimate chance to be a Western Conference contender.

The Mavs averaged only 101.7 points per 100 possessions and had a negative net rating with Rondo on the floor."

Same deal. He dramatically hurt their offense -- liberal passing was replaced with his 15-second-of-shot-clock-pounding-at-the-top-of-the-key-looking-for-his-assist -- then pouted and was let go before his contract was finished.

None of this is news. Why is it so hard to accept? Is that behind the back fake really that exciting still? Or maybe folks like the fact that he tried to belittle the Celtics organization on his way out. Or that we was suspended by the league recently for being a bigot.

It's bizarre.

First of all, your hate/dislike of Rondo as a person is clear.  You don't like his personality, his ball fakes, or anything else about him, and you keep mixing it up with your basketball analysis, and that will of course skew your analysis (but don't worry it won't skew the stats you hold in pocket).

You are still over-simplifying and using your favorite individual marker to bash a player who has already proven his value when games matter most.  You are ignoring team dynamics completely.  Your use of plus minus/win loss to claim factual proof of Rondo's sucktitude is similar to saying Carmelo must suck because Denver was better without him for a while, or that Nash must suck because Dallas got better without him.  Maybe Blake Griffin sucks because the Clippers are finally winning back to back games regularly...without him.  I am not arguing that the above examples invalidate any markers you are using.  All stats have some level of validity.  I am simply pointing out that you are committing a big oversimplification. 

So, I already admitted some of Rondo's weaknesses.  He's a terrible fit for what Brad Stevens wants to do and a terrible fit for how a Rick Carlisle team functions.  And he's a terrible fit for what sspence wants to do with his hypothetical team.  Fine.  Play Collison.  But good luck keeping your best player happy.

Which brings us to Boogie.  In an interview with Bill Simmons a year ago Boogie called Rondo the best PG in the game. We know this isn't true but it meant: let me play with this guy, didn't it?  This was during Rondo's worst period of basketball in his career.  It was recently reported that Boogie admires Rondo's toughess/demeanor/attitude..whatever.  Do you think Boogie cares about your stat which "proves" that Boogie himself is worse with Rondo on the floor?  No, he doesn't give a crap.  And that gets into the area of leadership, chemistry and team dynamics (all of which you toss out the window, as so much is always tossed when one falls in love with a stat that supports a strong dislike...or like).  Yes I like what Rondo brings, but I'm not so blind as you that I can't admit he has weaknesses.  You might consider an exercise where you list some Rondo strengths, (I know...that would bore you) which will balance our discussion and improve your position believe it or not.

Let's say you run the Kings.  You need a better starting SG.  And you need a Crowder type contributor to offset what Gay can't deliver.  And finally, you have to keep Boogie happy.  That means you either play Rondo or risk a Boogie melt down/trade demand, etc..  Would GM Spence trade them both?

Let's watch the Kings and possibly see Collison, in your eyes and analysis, outperform Rondo and better effect the King's chances of making the playoffs.  Then let's hope they get into the playoffs, and then let's compare Rondo and Collison again.

bball Tim is right you have no answer to why Doc and Karl and Stevens continued to play Rondo big minutes even after his admitted drop off.  I guess you think coaches (and Boogie) will catch up to your thinking and next year Rondo will be a back up?

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2016, 04:13:59 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

It's because Rondo was chasing an assist streak, the offense was predictable and his stats were empty.   As soon as healthy Rondo went down, the ball flowed through Pierce, the team started sharing the ball and hitting shots, and we crawled from a below .500 team to making the playoffs.  It was the first sign of many that the team played better without him.   The point was hammered home when Rondo went to Dallas and ruined the league's best offense while subsequently Boston crawled from 17 games under .500 to make the playoffs.

ROndo's still capable of putting up those empty stats. Why wouldn't he?  He's the same player as he's always been.  But the Kings are 6 games under .500 and Rondo still has the same flaws.   Credit him for the stats.  Credit him for the Kings only being 1.5 games out of sneaking into the playoffs.  Credit him for hitting threes this year at a surprising clip... but let's not pretend like there's something new to learn about the guy at this point.   Teams need to cater to him for him to be successful.   The Kings are one of the two worst-managed franchises in the league...  if they were a well run team, ROndo wouldn't even be getting this opportunity to inflate stats.  Who knows how long it will last.   Most modern offenses are built around ball movement and shooting... we have plenty of proof that Rondo is incapable of playing that style.  He's a relic of a forgotten time in the same way Kobe Bryant jacking up 30 shots a night is a relic of a forgotten time.  Enjoy it while it lasts.     

Injuries and immaturity and coaching/player chemsitry issues plus a zero defense mentality is why that team struggles so much to win games.

"The Kings have been pretty bad with Rondo on the court. The team has been outscored by 5.4 points per 100 possessions with Rondo on the floor, and surprisingly (for some) the Kings have actually outscored teams by 1.5 points without Rondo – equivalent to the difference in net rating between the Chicago Bulls and the New Orleans Pelicans.

For comparison, the Kings are 8.2 points better with Cousins on the court than with him on the bench."

"Dallas was off to a 19-8 start with a historically elite offensive rating of 113.6 points per 100 possessions before the trade, but there was a consensus opinion within the organization that they needed to upgrade from Nelson, particularly defensively, to have a legitimate chance to be a Western Conference contender.

The Mavs averaged only 101.7 points per 100 possessions and had a negative net rating with Rondo on the floor."

Same deal. He dramatically hurt their offense -- liberal passing was replaced with his 15-second-of-shot-clock-pounding-at-the-top-of-the-key-looking-for-his-assist -- then pouted and was let go before his contract was finished.

None of this is news. Why is it so hard to accept? Is that behind the back fake really that exciting still? Or maybe folks like the fact that he tried to belittle the Celtics organization on his way out. Or that we was suspended by the league recently for being a bigot.

It's bizarre.

First of all, your hate/dislike of Rondo as a person is clear.  You don't like his personality, his ball fakes, or anything else about him, and you keep mixing it up with your basketball analysis, and that will of course skew your analysis (but don't worry it won't skew the stats you hold in pocket).

You are still over-simplifying and using your favorite individual marker to bash a player who has already proven his value when games matter most.  You are ignoring team dynamics completely.  Your use of plus minus/win loss to claim factual proof of Rondo's sucktitude is similar to saying Carmelo must suck because Denver was better without him for a while, or that Nash must suck because Dallas got better without him.  Maybe Blake Griffin sucks because the Clippers are finally winning back to back games regularly...without him.  I am not arguing that the above examples invalidate any markers you are using.  All stats have some level of validity.  I am simply pointing out that you are committing a big oversimplification. 

So, I already admitted some of Rondo's weaknesses.  He's a terrible fit for what Brad Stevens wants to do and a terrible fit for how a Rick Carlisle team functions.  And he's a terrible fit for what sspence wants to do with his hypothetical team.  Fine.  Play Collison.  But good luck keeping your best player happy.

Which brings us to Boogie.  In an interview with Bill Simmons a year ago Boogie called Rondo the best PG in the game. We know this isn't true but it meant: let me play with this guy, didn't it?  This was during Rondo's worst period of basketball in his career.  It was recently reported that Boogie admires Rondo's toughess/demeanor/attitude..whatever.  Do you think Boogie cares about your stat which "proves" that Boogie himself is worse with Rondo on the floor?  No, he doesn't give a crap.  And that gets into the area of leadership, chemistry and team dynamics (all of which you toss out the window, as so much is always tossed when one falls in love with a stat that supports a strong dislike...or like).  Yes I like what Rondo brings, but I'm not so blind as you that I can't admit he has weaknesses.  You might consider an exercise where you list some Rondo strengths, (I know...that would bore you) which will balance our discussion and improve your position believe it or not.

Let's say you run the Kings.  You need a better starting SG.  And you need a Crowder type contributor to offset what Gay can't deliver.  And finally, you have to keep Boogie happy.  That means you either play Rondo or risk a Boogie melt down/trade demand, etc..  Would GM Spence trade them both?

Let's watch the Kings and possibly see Collison, in your eyes and analysis, outperform Rondo and better effect the King's chances of making the playoffs.  Then let's hope they get into the playoffs, and then let's compare Rondo and Collison again.

bball Tim is right you have no answer to why Doc and Karl and Stevens continued to play Rondo big minutes even after his admitted drop off.  I guess you think coaches (and Boogie) will catch up to your thinking and next year Rondo will be a back up?

meaningless post... more subjective dodging and non-analysis. if Rondo's teams perform better against their opponents when he's not on the floor, then they do.

as for this weak crutch about his coaches. Doc hasn't coached the guy in years, and hated him. Stevens played him because they needed to prove he was healthy so they could trade him, which they did last year about as fast as they could. Karl plays him because he does what the Kings front office (no jokes please) tells him to. Carlisle publicly acknowledged it was a huge airball to trade for the guy after they cut him, which is unusual to say the least.

bottom line: unless you care more about Rondo's individual stats than whether he wins games (like Rondo does), then you cannot defend how well he's played any time recently. you're simply a fan turning a blind eye.

and yes, that he's a tool doesn't help his cause. what's to like? i look up to plenty of players from the 2008 Celtics, not to mention great former Celtics of the past, like Rick Carlisle. i don't need to admire an ******* whose ego gets in the way of winning.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2016, 04:38:57 PM »

Offline postmodernprimate

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 2
On the Sacramento Kings podcast, Cowbell Kingdom, they had a rundown of Rondo related stats re: comparing shooting percentages off of passes from different team members.

Off of Rondo passes the team shot 49% from two and 39% from three.

Off of Collison passes the team shot 42%/32%.

Rondo gets players the ball in the best spot for them to score.

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2016, 05:37:39 PM »

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
The big difference between Rondo this year and the past two years is that he's reestablished himself as a threat to score. He's actually attacking the rim in transition and the halfcourt instead of just running ineffectual pick and pop actions or staying up top as a standstill pocket passer.

He's also not pounding the ball to assist hunt and slowing down pace - which were the big complaints on him in the 12/13 season before the ACL. Sac plays at the fastest pace in the league and Rondo's the engine.

His defensive approach is still Kobe-esque, but his D-RPM is middle of the road this year. What he costs you in ball pressure and blown coverages, he seems to be gaining back in studly defensive rebounding and deflections.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2016, 05:39:28 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
ssspence, you summed the whole debate up in one sentence, which should be the end of the story.  " If Rondo's teams perform better against their opponents when he's not on the floor, then they do."  Drop the mike and walk off the stage.

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2016, 05:43:04 PM »

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

It's bizarre.

meaningless post... more subjective dodging and non-analysis. if Rondo's teams perform better against their opponents when he's not on the floor, then they do.

as for this weak crutch about his coaches. Doc hasn't coached the guy in years, and hated him. Stevens played him because they needed to prove he was healthy so they could trade him, which they did last year about as fast as they could. Karl plays him because he does what the Kings front office (no jokes please) tells him to. Carlisle publicly acknowledged it was a huge airball to trade for the guy after they cut him, which is unusual to say the least.

bottom line: unless you care more about Rondo's individual stats than whether he wins games (like Rondo does), then you cannot defend how well he's played any time recently. you're simply a fan turning a blind eye.

and yes, that he's a tool doesn't help his cause. what's to like? i look up to plenty of players from the 2008 Celtics, not to mention great former Celtics of the past, like Rick Carlisle. i don't need to admire an ******* whose ego gets in the way of winning.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't grind axes.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2016, 10:26:51 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
ssspence, you summed the whole debate up in one sentence, which should be the end of the story.  " If Rondo's teams perform better against their opponents when he's not on the floor, then they do."  Drop the mike and walk off the stage.

What is the time frame you and sspence have laid out for this to go from being just an awesome fact to a permanently awesome fact?  Please let us all know so we know when to stop paying attention to the situation.