Author Topic: rondo filling up stats  (Read 8883 times)

rondo filling up stats
« on: January 05, 2016, 10:16:33 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
13pts,19 assists 5 steals-nice night

Re: rondo filling up stats
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 10:31:31 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
Love Rondo and wishing him all the best, including an all-star appearance this year. And I was and still am as supporter of the trade that sent him out of here.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 11:06:56 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
he was also 1 rebound shy of a triple double

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 01:54:13 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Putting up box score stats when given enough minutes is something Rondo's always been able to do.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 03:47:37 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm happy for Rondo.  That Dallas situation was a nightmare, it's nice to see him playing well again.

He's playing borderline all star level basketball.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 03:50:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I'm happy for Rondo.  That Dallas situation was a nightmare, it's nice to see him playing well again.

It's good to see him back to his double double form.  It'd be interesting to see how good that Kings team could be if there were a better supporting cast around Rondo and DMC.

If they can hold onto Rondo beyond this year, maybe that could be the start of some continuity that will keep DMC in the fold.

Rondo's always been at his best playing off of a dominant big man.  Would be a nice second act of his career if he could enjoy an extended run of success and productivity playing with DMC.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 04:06:05 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
what about rondo and the knicks

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 04:09:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
They are actually inching towards .500 which is good for Rondo... and I guess bad for our hopes of landing Cousins.

I never doubted Rondo's ability to rack up stats on a system that catered to him.  As long as he's playing big minutes and controlling the ball at all times, he can be a statistical beast. 

If you intend to run a modern "pace-and-space" offense built around ball movement and shooting, Rondo will prove to be a liability.  It was clear that we were better without him 3 years in a row and instead of seeing him successfully adapt to playing Brad's system, Boston basically just let Rondo keep doing Rondo things during his final days... to the detriment of the team and the system they were trying to implement.   Then he ends up in Dallas... which was at the time the shining example of a "pace and space" offense... and Rondo was predictably a disaster.

But as long as you give him the keys and let him run the show, he'll get you lots of assists.  His 35% three point shooting deserves credit.   Shooting 50% from the line and his team being 6 games under .500 is a problem, but they are actually 1.5 games out of the playoffs. 

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 04:09:58 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

It's good to see him back to his double double form.  It'd be interesting to see how good that Kings team could be if there were a better supporting cast around Rondo and DMC.

If they can hold onto Rondo beyond this year, maybe that could be the start of some continuity that will keep DMC in the fold.

Rondo's always been at his best playing off of a dominant big man.  Would be a nice second act of his career if he could enjoy an extended run of success and productivity playing with DMC.

The kings have an interesting roster right now.  With the exception of McLemore (who still hasn't really become a good player yet), I think they are getting decent production from their team.  They have been real inconsistent on the D side of the floor.  Cousins, Rondo, Gay, and excellent bench play from Belineli and Collison and sometimes out of WCS - they def have some talent.  Need McLemore to play better, or get a better starting 2 guard.

They are only 1.5 games out of the playoffs right now.  If they somehow manage to make the playoffs, maybe that can have a positive impact on Cousins.

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 04:46:47 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I think they must be really close to .500 when cousins does play. (is there any easy way to look this up). After a slow start they are really coming on lately. i would not be surprised to see them make the playoffs.

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 05:28:24 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Rondo is in a ideal situation now, he has a big man and a slasher/shooter who can score to pass to.

Go Rondo!

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 05:54:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I wonder what the numbers are like for 5 man units that include Rondo, Gay, Cousins, and two wing shooters (e.g. McLemore and Casspi).
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 06:05:06 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
I wonder what the numbers are like for 5 man units that include Rondo, Gay, Cousins, and two wing shooters (e.g. McLemore and Casspi).

I know those two are supposed to be shooters, but I have no idea how they´re shooting. But if they can shoot like they´re supposed to, that´s a lethal offensive team.

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 06:30:45 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Go Rondo! I'm rooting for them to move ahead of Dallas in the standings, got a ways to go though.

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 06:45:55 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
It's a perfectly Rondo thing that he plays his way out of two pretty well-run franchises only to rediscover all-star form playing for the dysfunctional Kings.

I'm glad he's getting another chance to be as good as I wish he would have stayed in Boston to be.

Mike