Author Topic: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer  (Read 22891 times)

Re: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2016, 12:26:54 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
A pair of sneakers, two Celtics tix, maybe a Tommy Heinsohn autograph.

Question -- who is better: Derrick Williams or Jabari Parker?

Parker, obviously. He has that bright grin on his official pictures and is highly religious to boot, that's gotta count for something.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 12:32:37 AM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2016, 12:48:27 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Boston pick this year, boston pick next year (after Boston exercises rights to Nets swap), Terry Rozier

WOAH.  That '17 BKN pick could be pretty lofty. 

Gotta give something to get something. I'd rather risk the BKN pick when we don't know how crappy it'll be vs the one we do. If they want the 2018, all the better. That's got late teens written all over it.
If we were willing to give up 6 draft picks (4 first rounders ... including a Brooklyn 1st) to move up from #16 to #9 and select Winslow... what does that honestly put the trade value of Jabari at?   I heard Ainge loved Parker.

He obviously doesn't love Parker as much as he loved Winslow. He must've had Winslow ranked in the top 3 on his draft board. That was not your ordinary move-up-the-draft proposal. Winslow is going to be a better player, anyway. Leonard-ish ceiling versus Parker's Derozan-ish ceiling. His defense is already more valuable than Parker's offense.
I think he had Winlsow at 3, but I also think he had parker at 2 in 2014.

Perhaps, but even if he had Parker that high, it's now 2016, Parker's since had knee surgery, is signed for two fewer years, and has been revealed to be way more one-dimensional than initially projected. The offer Ainge made for Winslow is irrelevant to what he would now offer for Parker.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2016, 01:24:47 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Honestly it depends on what the Bucks really want.

I would start off with AB, Dallas Mavericks, and our pick, plus two second rounders, and any trade filler, Hunter or Young that they wanted.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2016, 02:29:19 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Boston pick this year, boston pick next year (after Boston exercises rights to Nets swap), Terry Rozier

Gotta give something to get something. I'd rather risk the BKN pick when we don't know how crappy it'll be vs the one we do. If they want the 2018, all the better. That's got late teens written all over it.
If we were willing to give up 6 draft picks (4 first rounders ... including a Brooklyn 1st) to move up from #16 to #9 and select Winslow... what does that honestly put the trade value of Jabari at?   I heard Ainge loved Parker.

He obviously doesn't love Parker as much as he loved Winslow. He must've had Winslow ranked in the top 3 on his draft board. That was not your ordinary move-up-the-draft proposal. Winslow is going to be a better player, anyway. Leonard-ish ceiling versus Parker's Derozan-ish ceiling. His defense is already more valuable than Parker's offense.

Perhaps, but even if he had Parker that high, it's now 2016, Parker's since had knee surgery, is signed for two fewer years, and has been revealed to be way more one-dimensional than initially projected. The offer Ainge made for Winslow is irrelevant to what he would now offer for Parker.
That offer had nothing to do with Parker whatsoever. It shows ainge likes Winslow.

Winslow has yet to score more than 13 points in a game this year. Parker looked like the ROY last year pre-acl and I expect him to be a star scorer once he fully recovers from this.

My concern with him is a lack of a position, but he's a very talented basketball player with a high ceiling. We have to look into all those guys that come into the trade block.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2016, 03:41:57 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

That offer had nothing to do with Parker whatsoever. It shows ainge likes Winslow.

Are you talking to me?

Not me:

"If we were willing to give up 6 draft picks (4 first rounders ... including a Brooklyn 1st) to move up from #16 to #9 and select Winslow... what does that honestly put the trade value of Jabari at?   I heard Ainge loved Parker."

The idea was that if Ainge offered that much for Winslow, then what would he now offer Milwaukee for Parker. And the answer is NOT (Winslow offer + 20%) or whatever, just because Parker was drafted higher. There IS no relationship between the Winslow offer and Parker, right. But if anything, Ainge would almost certainly offer LESS for Parker.

Winslow has yet to score more than 13 points in a game this year. Parker looked like the ROY last year pre-acl and I expect him to be a star scorer once he fully recovers from this.

It's as if some of you stepped out of a time machine from 1993 when 80% of how 80% of fans would judge players was points per game. Winslow does not need to score much to be more valuable than Parker, whose only value is scoring.

By the way, the thing about his knee is not that it's affecting his athleticism -- because it's not. According to Bucks watchers he's actually better athletically right now. The thing about the knee that affects his value is simply the fact that he's already blown out a knee and had surgery and so the risk of future catastrophic injury is increased.

So, no, the recovering knee does not explain his underwhelming performance. That's just who he is as a player. If his ACL was pristine and he was revealing himself to be this player, a player of narrow scoring value, that alone would drop his status well below Worth #2 Overall. But not only is he this sub-hype player, he's now also a knee risk.

My concern with him is a lack of a position, but he's a very talented basketball player with a high ceiling. We have to look into all those guys that come into the trade block.

Yeah, well, there's also his lack of goodness at any other aspect of the game besides scoring. Jesus. Look at him, sure. No team can afford to turn its nose up at a one-dimensional scorer provided that scorer is good enough at scoring. But you really should cease the adjectives based on two-year-old hype which has since been tested against reality. The reality is, he's not the franchise talent people projected him to be. Milwaukee is going to be the last team to realize that, or at least they should be the last team. If another team pays a franchise-talent fortune for him expecting him to live up to the hype that's already passed him by, that would be a franchise-injuring mistake. No way Ainge is the one to make that mistake.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 03:59:54 AM by Dino Pitino »
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2016, 03:52:20 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Sully, Hunter, Dallas 1st, future Boston 1st, and a couple of 2nd rounders. I'd trade Lee for a bad contract too, if needed.

It gives Milwaukee a nice shooter, a couple of pretty useful picks, and a serviceable big in Sully.
- LilRip

« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2016, 06:12:08 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
tp pitino--got to agree with pitino because parker has no 3 point scoring in his stats

« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2016, 06:42:31 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Avery Bradley + Dallas 2016 pick + Boston 2016 pick + James Young

Milwaukee gets a veteran starting SG to balance out their starting five. A player who is having the best season of his career and is a quality starter. And 3 first round caliber prospects to add quality youth to their team.

« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2016, 08:01:46 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43

Milwaukee gets a veteran starting SG to balance out their starting five. A player who is having the best season of his career and is a quality starter. And 3 first round caliber prospects to add quality youth to their team.
This is about the range that I'd be willing to go as well.  Avery's ability plus nice contract should be able to bring back something significant.  Trading a starter could really hurt us for the rest of this year, but it is the kind of long term gamble that I think makes sense for the Celtics.  If Jabari develops he would be the go to scorer we sorely need.

« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2016, 08:11:29 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
This is why I want to know where you guys think Jabari would go in this draft.  2nd?  3rd at worst ?  If that Brooklyn pick stands where it is, it's most likely not ending up top 2.  Wouldn't you have to give up that pick for Jabari if the Bucks wanted it?

Remember...he tore his ACL.  You can't play this 'where would he go in this draft' game when he was drafted already and had a severe lower leg injury that changes careers.

Guy is buried in the rotation of a crap team.  How good could he actually be?
buried in the rotation?  He starts for Milwaukee and plays 29 minutes a game.

So does OJ Mayo.  Must be comparable talents then.  Though 'buried' is too strong to describe that much run.

Edit: plus he has a -4 net rating.  We do not trade any top 3 pick for someone like that.
OJ Mayo doesn't start for Milwaukee and plays less minutes than Parker.  Mayo is a SG not a SF/PF combo like Parker anyway.  Parker is 5th on the Bucks in mpg, the four ahead of him are the other starters.  Parker would be 4th on Boston in mpg if he played the same amount of minutes.  He isn't buried in the rotation at all.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2016, 08:45:47 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532

Seems like a pretty fair trade
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2016, 09:01:34 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
This is a tough call.  He is only 20 years old.  I can't think of too many players 20 years old or less that are playing better than Parker.  You just can't forget how young that is.

On the other hand, serious injury, no 3 pt shot, and maybe some question about his position (I actually don't buy that, I see him as a SF being played out of position by MIL).  I guess you could say it is good that he is versatile enough to play out of position and still be pretty good.

It is hard to believe that MIL would give up on him at age 20 unless they were really sure he was not going to fulfill his promise.

From their perspective, they could use a PG.  That would be Smart or Thomas.  It would be a short term step back to trade Thomas but I think that is what MIL would want.  I don't see the Celtics doing it for either Smart or Thomas.

I don't see the Bucks doing it for a bunch of draft picks, maybe not even for the 2016 BKN.  They just paid Monroe and probably want to be good now.  I think Thomas makes them better.  If they want to go for draft picks, trade Monroe and keep Parker.

So my trade is Thomas for Parker.  An All Star probably being sold high for a promising young maybe star.  It is the classic construction of a trade.

« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2016, 10:09:23 AM »

Offline GryphMinuteMan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
Sully, Rozier, Hunter, Brooklyn pick. I know the homers here will say that's too much but that's what it would take and I would honestly do it.

« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2016, 10:13:29 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I would certainly give IT by the way for Parker if they wanted.

Followed Parker since he was in high school and middle school from BallisLife video clips, and this guy is going to be a beast. I still see him as a SF, and even though hes slow, hes a very good ball handler surprisingly on the fast break.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2016, 10:31:04 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Two wrongs don't make a right. Trading 6 picks for Parker is about the dumbest thing I could imagine the Celtics doing in their current position.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)