Author Topic: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer  (Read 23003 times)

Re: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2016, 04:41:42 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Everbody realizes Marcus Smart would go first or second in this draft, right? Terry Rozier would be a lotto guy. Jordan Mickey would be like 18th or something.
Admittedly Jabari goes one or two or 3.

But all this ....and Smart stuff. ....no. Just no.
If you think Smart would go ahead of Jabari in this draft, I strongly recommend Ainge offer Smart for Jabari.   That'd be amazing.

Based on what general managers now know about each? Hell yes, Smart would be drafted ahead of Parker. Of course he would be.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2016, 04:41:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
He's 6'8, 250 pounds... clearly should be a small forward long-term, but they have him playing Power forward alongside Middleton and Giannis.   

I don't think he can play 3 in the NBA long term. He will get torched on D every night. The all that offensively versatility is wasted, since he'll give up more than he gets.

Yeah, every credible basketball writer I've read thinks Parker's future is at the 4.
Like Melo and Pierce?
Pierce was one of the greatest shooters of his time and Melo has never averaged less than 20 ppg
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2016, 04:44:45 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
He's 6'8, 250 pounds... clearly should be a small forward long-term, but they have him playing Power forward alongside Middleton and Giannis.   

I don't think he can play 3 in the NBA long term. He will get torched on D every night. The all that offensively versatility is wasted, since he'll give up more than he gets.

Yeah, every credible basketball writer I've read thinks Parker's future is at the 4.
Like Melo and Pierce?

Maybe. But man did those guys look a helluva lot better off the bat in the NBA than Parker. Not to mention they're both headed to the HOF.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2016, 04:47:04 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Like Melo and Pierce?

At this point, I'd say both Melo and Pierce are better suited to play the 4. And last time I checked, Jabari wasn't top five all time in made threes or a 20ppg scorer every year of his career.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I do think that Jabari is better suited as a stretch 4. I'm not sure why he isn't taking any 3's, with how he shot in college I'd want him to shoot 3's and expect him to improve in that facet as he gets older.

As to trading the Nets pick for Jabari, I would do it without hesitation. There is only a 46.9% chance that the Nets pick ends up in the top 3 (if they stay at their current position in the standings). If we don't get in the top 3 the best player available player (Dunn) is going to be a full year older than Parker when he comes out.

I don't see why we wouldn't trade a pick that has more than a 50% chance to land outside the top 3 for a player who is extremely young with a really high upside.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2016, 05:02:07 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
We are talking about basically trading the Nets pick for Jabari straight up. Jerebko is thrown in to make the salaries match up.

Danny would be giving up the unknown (the Nets pick) for the known (Jabari)

Milwaukee would be saying they want a do-over, and they would take their chances on getting a Top 3 pick and getting a player they like better.

« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2016, 05:03:23 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
It'd be great for those future Nets picks if the Nets traded Brook Lopez and Thad Young for Greg Monroe and Jabari Parker.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2016, 05:25:29 PM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
No way am I trading the Nets pick for Jabari Parker right now. There are reasons for him looking like a bust (injuries, inconsistent organization around him) but that doesn't change that as of today, he hasn't shown he was worth the #2 selection. in 46 games this year he's 0-7 from 3 point range. He's 4-23 in his career. I don't know why he's not at least taking shots and trying to get better but there isn't any evidence he's capable of becoming a stretch 4.

Would I trade for him? Absolutely. It's worth gambling on someone who has his talent level but talent isn't everything. It's still a gamble. And I'd rather gamble that the Nets pick winds up Top 2.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2016, 05:27:31 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
I do think that Jabari is better suited as a stretch 4. I'm not sure why he isn't taking any 3's, with how he shot in college I'd want him to shoot 3's and expect him to improve in that facet as he gets older.

As to trading the Nets pick for Jabari, I would do it without hesitation. There is only a 46.9% chance that the Nets pick ends up in the top 3 (if they stay at their current position in the standings). If we don't get in the top 3 the best player available player (Dunn) is going to be a full year older than Parker when he comes out.

I don't see why we wouldn't trade a pick that has more than a 50% chance to land outside the top 3 for a player who is extremely young with a really high upside.

Because who we could pick in this draft if we held onto the pick isn't all that matters. We could use it to trade for a better player or prospect than Parker. There are dozens of better trade targets than Parker. Even if we improbably wind up with the 6th or 7th pick, that could still be traded for something better short term or long term.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2016, 05:32:40 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I totally get the "no way I'd trade the Nets pick for Jabari Parker" stance... I'm just saying there's a good chance in retrospect that stance sounds completely moronic a year from now.

« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2016, 05:37:19 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
No way I d sacrifice a Nets pick .    Lesser picks or player . 

He has showed me nothing so far.   He seems to be damaged goods .  As great a propect as he seemed to be  at Duke .  I really bummed .  Wiggins is the the better player far and away.

The ACL hurts some guys worse than others .  Kenny Gattison was never the same after his injury .  While others like CP3 adjust .

He is a project at this point.

« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2016, 05:45:41 PM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I totally get the "no way I'd trade the Nets pick for Jabari Parker" stance... I'm just saying there's a good chance in retrospect that stance sounds completely moronic a year from now.
Sure. Parker is still only 20 and has a high ceiling. If that Nets pick winds up being the 6th and we draft wrong, then everyone will say "we should've traded it when we had the chance." That's in play. But we can only make decisions based on the information we have now. I'd rather take a shot at that Nets pick landing in the top 2 than gamble that Parker is going to be a great NBA player without having really shown any signs of that yet.

That said, I'd definitely gamble on Parker's development for a lower price.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2016, 05:58:46 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
For everyone who wants to protect the Brooklyn Pick: that is not allowed. I'd have two offers:

Jabari and 2016 Bucks 1st for 2016 Nets Pick (or swap rights if need be), 2016 Dallas Pick, and Jared Sullinger

Jabari Parker for 2016 Dallas Pick, 2016 Boston Pick (top 3 protected), and Sully or Zeller

This is too much.  Why would we trade Sullinger AND the Nets pick (likely top 5 if not top 3) for Parker?

Assuming you think getting the Bucks pick back is a hedge against overpay because they will be mid lottery team, but what if Dallas is also in the lottery?

« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2016, 06:00:38 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
This is why I want to know where you guys think Jabari would go in this draft.  2nd?  3rd at worst ?  If that Brooklyn pick stands where it is, it's most likely not ending up top 2.  Wouldn't you have to give up that pick for Jabari if the Bucks wanted it?

Remember...he tore his ACL.  You can't play this 'where would he go in this draft' game when he was drafted already and had a severe lower leg injury that changes careers.

Guy is buried in the rotation of a crap team.  How good could he actually be?

« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2016, 06:02:30 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This is why I want to know where you guys think Jabari would go in this draft.  2nd?  3rd at worst ?  If that Brooklyn pick stands where it is, it's most likely not ending up top 2.  Wouldn't you have to give up that pick for Jabari if the Bucks wanted it?

Remember...he tore his ACL.  You can't play this 'where would he go in this draft' game when he was drafted already and had a severe lower leg injury that changes careers.

Guy is buried in the rotation of a crap team.  How good could he actually be?
buried in the rotation?  He starts for Milwaukee and plays 29 minutes a game.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip