Author Topic: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer  (Read 22935 times)

Re: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2016, 04:07:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Our own pick, a player like Jerebko (although I admit i don't know how long his contract is for), Terry Rozier or James Young, a bunch of 2nds. Our pick next year.

We don't need this guy this bad. They are free to make a counter offer, but I'm not jumping all over myself for a banged up guy that hasn't really done that great.

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2016, 04:13:41 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I am willing to offer two, maybe three, second-round picks.  I am not enthusiastic about Parker's skill set.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2016, 04:18:48 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I am willing to offer two, maybe three, second-round picks.  I am not enthusiastic about Parker's skill set.

hahahah.... love the maybe three part. pretty sure Ainge isn't calling Kidd with that -- just don't make the call at all.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2016, 04:21:41 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Reactions in this thread are interesting.   He's 20 years old... still basically his rookie season (he's only played 71 games).  He's averaging 11 points, 5 rebounds with 49% shooting and 79% from the line in 28mpg.   He's 6'8, 250 pounds... clearly should be a small forward long-term, but they have him playing Power forward alongside Middleton and Giannis.  He's only taken 7 three pointers this year, but shot 36% from three in College.  The Bucks don't run plays for him despite the fact he's supposed to be an incredibly versatile offensive player.   

Seems most agree he'd go 3rd at worst in this draft.  If the Nets hold onto that 3rd worst record, the pick has a highest probability of ending up 5th.   

« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2016, 04:27:24 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I think he'd go second in this draft.  I love Jabari Parker. I'd give 2 firsts (non-brooklyn) and Marcus Smart.

« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2016, 04:29:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Bucks aren't using him properly. 

Where would Jabari go in this draft ?

Where does me make us better? Scorer off the bench? We'd have to give up too much to justify that role.

Let me suggest something else... John Henson. The Bucks winning % goes WAY up when Henson plays 20 mins or more. Send Sullinger somewhere, and buy on Henson.
I think Jabari can be a go-to scorer.

How, when he has no range? Teams are just sagging off him right now because he's only capable of scoring at the basket. And he does virtually nothing else well.

Is your contention to teach him to shoot? Why wouldn't MIL just do that, if they felt they could?

As for where Parker would go in this draft.... which Parker? Are we time-warping to Parker's last season at Duke? Or are we realistiically looking at the current players value, after a serious knee injury, and the warts of his game have been exposed in the NBA?
I think that's partially a mis-read of the Bucks situation.  They have a lot of guys involved in that offense.  Middleton is an outstanding shooter so he's their go-to guy.  Parker is playing out of position at PF and coming off a major injury, but his explosiveness is there.   I still think he can be the main guy in an offense.   If you don't think it's possible for him to increase his range, then you must think it's impossible for Ben Simmons to increase his range as well.  So considering we probably aren't getting Simmons... Jabari is worth the Brooklyn pick at least, right?

Nope. Simmons is a 100% blue chip prospect outside of shooting. He absolutely destroys Parker on rebounding, passing, defense, size, length, athleticism, etc....

Parker was (is?) a blue chip prospect almost purely on scoring, and that part of his game has some scary issues.
I think you are underselling Parker's time at Duke a great deal.  Simmons is a better prospect than Parker was, but it isn't nearly as far as away as you make it seem and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Parker ended up with the better NBA career (remember he is still recovering from his knee injury, those often take a full season of playing to get back into shape).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2016, 04:29:56 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Everbody realizes Marcus Smart would go first or second in this draft, right? Terry Rozier would be a lotto guy. Jordan Mickey would be like 18th or something.
Admittedly Jabari goes one or two or 3.

But all this ....and Smart stuff. ....no. Just no.

« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2016, 04:31:39 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Reactions in this thread are interesting.  He's 20 years old... still basically his rookie season (he's only played 71 games).  He's averaging 11 points, 5 rebounds with 49% shooting and 79% from the line in 28mpg.   He's 6'8, 250 pounds... clearly should be a small forward long-term, but they have him playing Power forward alongside Middleton and Giannis.  He's only taken 7 three pointers this year, but shot 36% from three in College.  The Bucks don't run plays for him despite the fact he's supposed to be an incredibly versatile offensive player.   

Seems most agree he'd go 3rd at worst in this draft.  If the Nets hold onto that 3rd worst record, the pick has a highest probability of ending up 5th.   

Marcus Smart is 21, has played 99 games, is averaging 10/4/3/2, shooting 74% from the line, and has actually made a three this year. Smart's offense is not his strong suit. It's generally regarded as quite poor. However, he balances this by being one of, if not the best defensive Point Guard in the entire NBA. Is anyone supposed to be impressed by Jabari's numbers?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2016, 04:31:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Everbody realizes Marcus Smart would go first or second in this draft, right? Terry Rozier would be a lotto guy. Jordan Mickey would be like 18th or something.

If you think Smart would go ahead of Jabari in this draft, I strongly recommend Ainge offer Smart for Jabari.   That'd be amazing.

« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2016, 04:32:31 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
I think he'd go second in this draft.  I love Jabari Parker. I'd give 2 firsts (non-brooklyn) and Marcus Smart.

Curious to know why you'd offer Smart?

DKC Clippers

« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2016, 04:35:08 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

If you think Smart would go ahead of Jabari in this draft, I strongly recommend Ainge offer Smart for Jabari.   That'd be amazing.
Well what else do we get?  Although admittedly we could use Jabari maybe a little more....maybe. We have Crowder and he's doing well.

Smart gets hurt a lot but hasn't snapped an ACL yet

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2016, 04:36:20 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
He's 6'8, 250 pounds... clearly should be a small forward long-term, but they have him playing Power forward alongside Middleton and Giannis.   

I don't think he can play 3 in the NBA long term. He will get torched on D every night. The all that offensively versatility is wasted, since he'll give up more than he gets.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2016, 04:38:38 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
He's 6'8, 250 pounds... clearly should be a small forward long-term, but they have him playing Power forward alongside Middleton and Giannis.   

I don't think he can play 3 in the NBA long term. He will get torched on D every night. The all that offensively versatility is wasted, since he'll give up more than he gets.

Yeah, every credible basketball writer I've read thinks Parker's future is at the 4.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2016, 04:40:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Yeah, every credible basketball writer I've read thinks Parker's future is at the 4.
Like Melo and Pierce?

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2016, 04:40:15 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Parker is an elite prospect still, but at this point I'd rather have either Simmons or Ingram.

I think you have to hold on to Brooklyn '16 till you see where it falls. The small chance that you end up in the top 2 is worth keeping it in my mind.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.