Author Topic: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer  (Read 22941 times)

Re: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2016, 02:11:02 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Why do we love to Overpay for other People's Crap?

10ppg.  11ppg. In two seasons averaging nearly 30 mpg.

Parker hasn't shown the improvement to merit this type of interest.
Hell, Evan Turner, looks like a better player right now!  Did you see what he did in OT Of the Clippers game?

When has Parker shown that wow, he's going to live up to his draft position games?
Yeah.  Always funny when people write off 20 year old star prospects midway through a season returning from serious injury. 

Dunno, man... he's looked pretty wonderful recently.  36 points tonight.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNlLoQfquaM

6 games since the all-star break he's averaged 22.8 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists with 54% shooting.   

I would have gladly traded the Brooklyn pick for him.  Is that the kind of improvement you were waiting for?  Cuz typically when players show that kind of improvement, they aren't available.
Wondering if anyone still thinks Jabari is "crap"?   

Since the all-star break:  18.6 points, 6.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.2 steals, 50% shooting, 41% from three, 79% from the line.

...in 37 minutes a game.

6.2 rebounds as a power forward.

17 attempted threes total in 20 games. Less than one attempted three per game. Funny, when Smart was shooting threes that well but attempting five per game, you weren't so impressed. Hmmm.

Bucks are 8-12 in those 20 games, Parker's total net +/- in that span being -53. Bucks are not actually better with him on the court. Meanwhile, despite Smart's huge box score slump over that same period, he actually helps the Celtics win, 13-7 in their 20 games, and his +/- actually improved from before the break.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Re: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2016, 02:46:08 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
So, he provides scoring and lack of defense like a combo forward version of David Lee, minus the rebounding?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference