Author Topic: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer  (Read 23045 times)

Re: Give me your best Jabari Parker offer
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 10:06:57 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Any mix of 3-4 players/picks not counting the Nets 2016/2017, Smart, or Crowder.

Dallas 2016 1st, Minnesota 1st, and IT sounds about right. Maybe add in one of Nets 2018 1st or Boston 2018 1st too.

I'd be willing to give a lot, but Smart, Crowder, and the Nets 2016/2017 1sts are off the table for anything less than a bona fide star.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2015, 10:14:18 PM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Amazed how many people are willing to part with Mahcus. Avery Bradley would suit Milli wa kee's needs better I think.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 10:15:03 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
Sully, Rozier, Dallas 1st, and our own 1st from 2016.

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2015, 11:24:14 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Is Parker available?

Is Milwaukee actually down in him or is this growing pains type stuff?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2016, 12:13:55 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
Any mix of 3-4 players/picks not counting the Nets 2016/2017, Smart, or Crowder.

Dallas 2016 1st, Minnesota 1st, and IT sounds about right. Maybe add in one of Nets 2018 1st or Boston 2018 1st too.

I'd be willing to give a lot, but Smart, Crowder, and the Nets 2016/2017 1sts are off the table for anything less than a bona fide star.

Exactly. I'd do Olynyk or Sully + minny pick + Dallas pick. I actually wouldn't touch IT or Smart. Including either one of them is just an overpay for how poorly jabari is playing as of right now regardless of if he's playing the 3 or the 4, and that he's already done his ACL. If they wanted our Boston 2016 pick instead of the Dallas one I would do it but put it top 10 protected.

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2016, 12:16:28 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Is Parker available?

they probably aren't actually down on him.  It's just tough for him to have a huge role right now.  Middleton is playing great and Giannis is a heck of a prospect.  All three of those guys are basically small forwards.   Parker is playing PF.   If there is a buy low window on Jabari, it's probably now. 

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2016, 12:27:50 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
IT and the highest non #1 overall pick available in 2016. IT is exactly what they need plus they get the ppssible Nets pick if it falls outside 1 overall.
thats too much. IT ok.....but that pick has gm's salivating and they think he is the next Lebron.
So top 3 protected?

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2016, 01:23:58 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
IT and the highest non #1 overall pick available in 2016. IT is exactly what they need plus they get the ppssible Nets pick if it falls outside 1 overall.
thats too much. IT ok.....but that pick has gm's salivating and they think he is the next Lebron.
So top 3 protected?
Can you protect traded picks?

I know that typically you can't but the C's could just roll the pick to 2018
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2016, 01:31:46 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Is Parker available?

they probably aren't actually down on him.  It's just tough for him to have a huge role right now.  Middleton is playing great and Giannis is a heck of a prospect.  All three of those guys are basically small forwards.   Parker is playing PF.   If there is a buy low window on Jabari, it's probably now.
I just don't see them moving him rn unless they get an offer they can't refuse, and seeing as they aren't really contenders this year I don't see them getting any of those offers. Perhaps something based around Isaiah?

I'd be down to do it btw.

An intriguing offer (for me) is maybe IT + AB for Parker + Vasquez?

It kills us this year completely. Knocks us out of the playoffs probably but I think it makes some level of sense.

Parker could be that go to scorer.

Milwaukee immediately becomes as good as anyone in the east as their crunch time lineup of Isaiah AB Middleton Freak and Monroe is pretty good in my opinion.

It completely solves their shooting woes.

Is this price to steep? Does Milwaukee bite? I'm not sure and I'm drunk so we will reevaluate this trade in the morning!

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2016, 01:36:46 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Top 3 protected Brooklyn Pick, Dallas Pick, Sully, any other throw-ins they might want.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2016, 02:21:05 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Is Parker available?

I just don't see them moving him rn unless they get an offer they can't refuse, and seeing as they aren't really contenders this year I don't see them getting any of those offers. Perhaps something based around Isaiah?

It kills us this year completely. Knocks us out of the playoffs probably but I think it makes some level of sense.

Milwaukee immediately becomes as good as anyone in the east as their crunch time lineup of Isaiah AB Middleton Freak and Monroe is pretty good in my opinion.

Is this price to steep? Does Milwaukee bite? I'm not sure and I'm drunk so we will reevaluate this trade in the morning!

Ughh. You're talking about trading a 26 year-old who's averaging 21 and 7 and is under team control for 2 more years at just over $6 million per year. I'm not sure how I feel about that unless it's for a proven star. Also, we should stay as far away from Vasquez as humanly possible.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2016, 02:41:40 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I think they'd trade Middleton before Parker, he seems much too valuable to trade away this early.

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2016, 03:21:34 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Smart and our own pick this year.

The Brooklyn pick this year is at this point worth more than either of them. (Parker/Smart)
agree about the BKN pick. Too bad we messed up last years draft or we would have a better prospect than we picked at 16, to make the trade

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2016, 03:24:52 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Is Parker available?

Ughh. You're talking about trading a 26 year-old who's averaging 21 and 7 and is under team control for 2 more years at just over $6 million per year. I'm not sure how I feel about that unless it's for a proven star. Also, we should stay as far away from Vasquez as humanly possible.
Jabari and Henson
IT AB and filler
I could jump on that and then we would be able to give Smart the reigns at pg and give rj and young more time for development.....and our own pick would be top 10

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2016, 04:02:57 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
They are going to want at least one of our future Brooklyn picks+ the Dallas pick+ young talent that can help them win now like Olynyk.

The kid is still an elite prospect. ...
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.