Author Topic: Report: Peyton Manning Linked To High-Profile Steroid Ring  (Read 7712 times)

Re: Report: Peyton Manning Linked To High-Profile Steroid Ring
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 07:03:05 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Al Jazeera identified Sly as a pharmacist employed at the Guyer Institute in Indianapolis. But Sly told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that he isn't a pharmacist and wasn't at the Guyer Institute in 2011, as Al Jazeera claimed. State licensing records indicate that a Charles David Sly was licensed as a pharmacy intern in Indiana from April 2010 to May 2013. His license expired May 1, 2013.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14442651/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-furious-disgusted-al-jazeera-report-again-denies-using-hgh

Dug it up. Thanks for nothing.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 07:09:29 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Interesting quote by Manning, in the link above:

"Any medical treatments that my wife receives, that's her business," he said. "That has nothing to do with me. Nothing that was sent to her and my wife has used have I ever taken. Absolutely not.

"I have my treatments that I do. She may have hers, but that's her business. There's no connection between the two. I'd love to understand why this guy's saying this, why he made it up, that he admits he makes it up and yet it still becomes a story. I'd like to be told and explained that."

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 07:53:51 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The first thing I did was go all over Facebook and wrote "Million dollar fine. Loss of draft picks" and a fair amount of "cheater".

I pointed out to some that if Al Jazeera, the NFL/Goodell, and ESPN are in a room together, Al Jazeera has by far more integrity than the other two combined.

Then the thing where the guy recanted.....that's what happens when very expensive lawyers call a regular guy.

He should hand over his phone to the Boston media. Not Goodell. Goodell would cover for him and start deleting stuff. What? Can't he get a fair trial by the Boston media?

I want to see him sue this guy and go through discovery. Let's see that happen.

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 11:48:11 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
it’s pretty weird to basically admit your wife is receiving HGH in the mail.

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 11:57:07 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

It is, but it can be legally prescribed by a doctor.  While unlikely (because conditions where it is a recommended treatment are rare), it's not impossible that she was dealing with something that they wished to keep private.

At the same time, it also recalls Roger Clemens blaming his wife.

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 12:00:59 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Not quite sure what to make of this case yet. Certain parts certainly seem flimsy while some other stuff does make you raise an eyebrow.

One thing it has illustrated, however, is the ridiculous double standard by the media & general public in regards to how Manning has been treated by the majority (innocent until proven guilty) versus how Brady was treated in the initial aftermath of Deflategate (burn him & the Pats at the stake).

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2015, 12:03:29 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

It is, but it can be legally prescribed by a doctor.  While unlikely (because conditions where it is a recommended treatment are rare), it's not impossible that she was dealing with something that they wished to keep private.

At the same time, it also recalls Roger Clemens blaming his wife.

And I'm not sure that what is mentioned there (assuming we're talking about the ESPN article) is in any way an admittance of HGH being shipped there other than a recognition that medication might indeed being arrived via shipment.

So that Peyton washes his hands off whatever his wife may or may not be doing, shouldn't be construed as an admittance that HGH and what not were shipped there as it were.

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2015, 12:08:18 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Edit: deleted. wrong quote

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2015, 12:09:53 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Not quite sure what to make of this case yet. Certain parts certainly seem flimsy while some other stuff does make you raise an eyebrow.

One thing it has illustrated, however, is the ridiculous double standard by the media & general public in regards to how Manning has been treated by the majority (innocent until proven guilty) versus how Brady was treated in the initial aftermath of Deflategate (burn him & the Pats at the stake).

None of this PED stuff is ever surprising to me, I agree that the far more interesting angle is in regards to the media coverage/spin, or lack-thereof. There are a couple of different distinguishing factors between Brady and Manning:

1) Brady is lumped in with the signal scouting and could be viewed as a "repeat offender".
2) Many just assume "All these guys are on something" so PED's do not have the same cheating stigma they once had.
3) Manning has been a lovable goofball through ads, so he is viewed upon more favorably than the super model looking Tom Brady who is picky about his national ad campaigns.
4) Brady has won far more on the New England Patriots.
5) People/media hate Belichick, who has been giving grumpy press conferences for 15 years.

I might be forgetting something, but these would be the biggest factors in what is sure to be uneven and "fairer" coverage.

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2015, 09:52:34 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Al Jazeera vetted the dates. Guyer Clinic caught red handed in a lie.

https://twitter.com/ajam/status/681643165875441664

Back when CB had a real forum I could post the video, but for now you'll all have to settle for a link.

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2015, 11:26:45 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
My advice to Peyton: Keep that cell phone in tact.

Actually, that is probably terrible advice.  That documentary seemed quite credible that Peyton was getting HGH.  The smoke screen is that it is a "private family matter" concerning his wife receiving HGH prescriptions, in all likelihood illegally.

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2015, 11:28:41 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Honestly, if it's just for injury recovery I honestly don't care.  This is pretty weak evidence on its own, too.

Its cheating, and he should be punished, if true.  That is in the rule book. Whether you care is irrelevant.

And I watched the documentary, and could not disagree with you more on the evidence being weak.  A simple investigation will be able to prove or disprove it.

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2015, 11:31:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

It's also illegal.

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2015, 11:41:36 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
My advice to Peyton: Keep that cell phone in tact.

Actually, that is probably terrible advice.  That documentary seemed quite credible that Peyton was getting HGH.  The smoke screen is that it is a "private family matter" concerning his wife receiving HGH prescriptions, in all likelihood illegally.

I was referencing deflategate and how everyone made a big deal about Tom Brady's destroyed cell phone.

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2015, 11:58:14 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Latest picture of Manning Released:

;D