Author Topic: What would it take to get Nerlens Noel?  (Read 34121 times)

What would it take to get Nerlens Noel?
« on: December 27, 2015, 12:44:31 AM »

Offline suitednzooted

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
I would say our 2016 1st rd,  a 2nd rd,Jared Sullinger and Marcus Smart for Nerlens Noel and TJ McConnell. Would you guys let go of Smart for the rim protector we need?

If that doesn't work I say we go hard at a trade or sign outright Dwight Howard,Hassan Whiteside,Demarcus Cousins, or Harrison Barnes. There's no true bigs like them in college this year so we need to go hard in free agency. Harrison Barnes is most likely the odd man out in GS yet he has star potential so I think hed be a great pickup.

Re: What would it take to get Nerlens Noel?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 12:49:18 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
FWIW, if ever we could make such moves, I'd prioritize trying to get DMC first, and then Whiteside before Nerlens and D12. I wouldn't try to go after Noel first and then if that fails, target DMC.
- LilRip

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 12:51:59 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I wouldn't give up Marcus for Nerlens unless it was a straight swap. I'd probably offer 2016 Dallas Pick, 2016 Boston Pick (Protected 1-10), and Jared Sullinger.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 12:55:03 AM »

Offline suitednzooted

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
FWIW, if ever we could make such moves, I'd prioritize trying to get DMC first, and then Whiteside before Nerlens and D12. I wouldn't try to go after Noel first and then if that fails, target DMC.
I definitely agree with that. Whiteside is a beast but I'd trust Dwight on this team too as much as the aforementioned. I just figure Nerlens is a hometown kid so he may be looking our way. But would you give up Smart for Nerlens if all else failed?

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 01:38:28 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
I definitely agree with that. Whiteside is a beast but I'd trust Dwight on this team too as much as the aforementioned. I just figure Nerlens is a hometown kid so he may be looking our way. But would you give up Smart for Nerlens if all else failed?

Would like to have Nerlens but I think your first offer is a massive overpay. Not even sure I'd give up Smart straight up.

I can't decide how I feel about some of these big guys, including Howard. I have major reservations about having to keep your best player on the bench in the last few minutes of a close game because he can't hit a free throw.

Mike

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 02:47:28 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
They are gonna need to trade one of those bigs eventually and I hope we make a competitive offer.  I'd love for us to get Noel. 

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 07:37:58 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
We talked about that three days ago, didn't we? I think there's zero chance to get the 76ers to talk about Noel unless one of the Nets picks is included.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 08:25:26 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
They are gonna need to trade one of those bigs eventually and I hope we make a competitive offer.  I'd love for us to get Noel.

TP !

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 09:06:40 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
We talked about that three days ago, didn't we? I think there's zero chance to get the 76ers to talk about Noel unless one of the Nets picks is included.
I don't see why the Sixers wouldn't take Smart for Noel. He gives them what they need while a pack is just a crapshoot. I think the draft phase of rebuild is no longer the direction with Colangelo is a charge, not that he won't try to draft as best he can. 

All that said, I would not give up Smart for Noel.

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 09:36:14 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I would't give them Smart even if would be straight up swap for Noel. No way i'm dealing Smart unless if it's all star in the game.
Noel has great potential but if i'm dealing for him i would make sure to let Sixers know he's injury prone to low down his price tag. He would be great piece for this team that's for sure.
My offer would be centered around Rozier and Sully. Include this years our pick and Dallas pick and we got a deal.

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 09:42:37 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Yes, we've had many many threads about this. Here's the elevator answer:

1) A Brooklyn pick, but Ainge won't trade their 2016 for him. The 2017 or 2018... maybe, especially if they're top 2-3 protected. I also believe one decent player would need to be added to justify it to their fan base, considering their not short on lottery picks. Sullinger or Turner come to mind.

2) Marcus Smart and one other asset, like Sullinger, Young or a non-lottery 1st. This would be Philly's preferred route considering they're looking to actually build a roster at this point.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 09:50:33 AM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 10:13:08 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The Sixers probably ask for more than Ainge would be willing to pay.

My guess is they want one of the Brooklyn picks, but I'm not at all interested in giving up one of those without top 5 protection.

I'd consider trading Smart, but I'd want some additional asset coming back our way as well.

I'm just not a big Noel fan.

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 11:05:44 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
I honestly have no interest in Noel unless it's cheap. I would NEVER give up Smart or a Brooklyn pick OR even multiple 1sts that weren't bottom 15-20 picks. He's regressing this year and if he's a starter on a title team, he A) doesn't look like it, and B) would be the 5th best starter on the team. Not worth giving up the farm for a non nucleus piece.

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2015, 11:45:39 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
That offer is way too much. That would be a fair offer if Noel took another step up from how well he played in the second half of last year. For a myriad of reasons he hasn't looked as good this year.

The C's reportedly offered Smart and their first pick for Noel and the #3 pick. That doesn't indicate that they view Noel as more valuable than Smart.

I think the Ish Smith trade was with Noel in mind. Noel played really well with Ish as the pg last year, to me that deal was an effort to increase Noel's trade value.

I guarantee the Sixers move a big in the offseason. They currently have Noel and Okafor as their main bigs. Next year there is a chance Embiid is healthy, Saric will come over and they will draft another big. Remember 3 of first 5 picks in next year's draft will probably be bigs. Not to mention, Covington has showed himself as an NBA player who is best at the 4.

I expect Colangelo to make some moves in the offseason to make sure their talent is more evenly distributed among the 5 positions.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 11:54:22 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I don't see why the Sixers wouldn't take Smart for Noel. He gives them what they need while a pack is just a crapshoot.
In case I wasn't clear, I'm pretty sure that any discussion about Nerlens Noel starts with Marcus Smart AND one of the Brooklyn picks. Folks around here massively overvalue Smart.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."