Author Topic: To all that share my sentiment...  (Read 52537 times)

Re: To all that share my sentiment...
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 11:22:46 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I was a big fan of the David Lee acquisition, and it's been somewhat disappointing to see him struggle, but I'm tired of all the hate for him, too. If I was an NBA player not getting much PT, I'd want more. These guys should want to want more. I see nothing wrong with that. He's a competitor.

Yeah, he's a pretty bad defensive player, but you know what? Most of the other players on this team are pretty bad offensive players, so why don't they get dumped on more for that? I swear, there are so many people on CB who just drool over the guys who are all-defense/no-offense. Why? Why is that so great? Who cares if they hold teams to 85 points if they're only scoring 80 themselves. Gotta have some balance, and this team doesn't have it.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 11:31:49 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I was a big fan of the David Lee acquisition, and it's been somewhat disappointing to see him struggle, but I'm tired of all the hate for him, too. If I was an NBA player not getting much PT, I'd want more. These guys should want to want more. I see nothing wrong with that. He's a competitor.

Yeah, he's a pretty bad defensive player, but you know what? Most of the other players on this team are pretty bad offensive players, so why don't they get dumped on more for that? I swear, there are so many people on CB who just drool over the guys who are all-defense/no-offense. Why? Why is that so great? Who cares if they hold teams to 85 points if they're only scoring 80 themselves. Gotta have some balance, and this team doesn't have it.

I've never understood that, either, and have long held the same view as expressed in your other sentiment - TP.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 12:04:42 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 11:58:15 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I don't understand why many people on here enjoy having david lee on the team and are defending him, he is not a NBA caliber player and shouldn't be getting any playing time. Is he going to be with the Celtics in the long run? No. All he is doing is stealing time away from our young guys, even jerebko didn't even get any time today, and you know what? he can actually shoot and play defense. I'd rather have Fab back on the team.

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 12:01:58 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17
Even Mike and Scal were talking about how awful Lee is to this team, around of the start of the game before he checked in.

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 12:04:47 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Even Mike and Scal were talking about how awful Lee is to this team, around of the start of the game before he checked in.
Just gotta put up with it for another month.  He doesn't fit Brad's system apparently.  He'll be traded or bought out.

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2016, 12:13:04 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I don't understand why many people on here enjoy having david lee on the team and are defending him, he is not a NBA caliber player and shouldn't be getting any playing time. Is he going to be with the Celtics in the long run? No. All he is doing is stealing time away from our young guys, even jerebko didn't even get any time today, and you know what? he can actually shoot and play defense. I'd rather have Fab back on the team.

Oh darn, no court time for Jereblows?  I'm heartbroken (sarcasm).  I agree with you completely on Lee, but 'the Swedish Larry Bird' ::) is awful, as well, but Fab?  Really?  Wow. 

Regardless, I wish we'd dump the veterans.  Anywhere.  On a team, at an airport, leave them at a rest stop - anything at this point, because just as you said of Lee, all they're doing is taking away from the development of our young guys.

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2016, 12:18:53 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17

Oh darn, no court time for Jereblows?  I'm heartbroken (sarcasm).  I agree with you completely on Lee, but 'the Swedish Larry Bird' ::) is awful, as well, but Fab?  Really?  Wow. 

Regardless, I wish we'd dump the veterans.  Anywhere.  On a team, at an airport, leave them at a rest stop - anything at this point, because just as you said of Lee, all they're doing is taking away from the development of our young guys.
I'd keep Amir though, he really is holding it down on the defensive end, leading the team in DRPM. According to that stat, he is the 21th best defender in the NBA.

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2016, 12:24:08 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Just gotta put up with it for another month.  He doesn't fit Brad's system apparently. He'll be traded or bought out.

Oh no, heaven forbid that a player doesn't fit a coach's system (sarcasm).  Who gives a crap about his 'system', anyway?  What he should be doing is taking the players he has and implementing a style that gets the most out of everyone, as opposed to just telling guys like Young and Hunter to do absolutely nothing on offense while they're on the court save for standing in the corner ::). Seriously, where did Stevens learn basketball, because he seems to have missed an important lesson concerning off-ball player movement, at the very least.  Wow.

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2016, 12:53:21 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Just gotta put up with it for another month.  He doesn't fit Brad's system apparently. He'll be traded or bought out.

Oh no, heaven forbid that a player doesn't fit a coach's system (sarcasm).  Who gives a crap about his 'system', anyway?  What he should be doing is taking the players he has and implementing a style that gets the most out of everyone, as opposed to just telling guys like Young and Hunter to do absolutely nothing on offense while they're on the court save for standing in the corner ::). Seriously, where did Stevens learn basketball, because he seems to have missed an important lesson concerning off-ball player movement, at the very least.  Wow.
im not yet emotionally prepared for coach Stevens backlash. 

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2016, 02:43:38 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I'd keep Amir though, he really is holding it down on the defensive end, leading the team in DRPM. According to that stat, he is the 21th best defender in the NBA.

He's been okay, at best, imo, and he really seems hampered by his ankles or whatever he's been struggling with over at least the last few years.  He has had his good games, though, and I do like his post play, but I'm glad that he's stopped shooting 3s.  Man, his release takes longer than it does for someone to load and fire a musket, lol ;D. I wouldn't keep him beyond this year, however, at least not at, what, $12 million a year?  Wow.  I know about the non-guaranteed thing, but still, that's a lot for a guy like Amir, imo.

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 03:08:58 AM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73

He's been okay, at best, imo, and he really seems hampered by his ankles or whatever he's been struggling with over at least the last few years.  He has had his good games, though, and I do like his post play, but I'm glad that he's stopped shooting 3s.  Man, his release takes longer than it does for someone to load and fire a musket, lol ;D. I wouldn't keep him beyond this year, however, at least not at, what, $12 million a year?  Wow.  I know about the non-guaranteed thing, but still, that's a lot for a guy like Amir, imo.

SMH. I thought most of us here have already known it all along that it was intended to be that way because of the flexibility it brought to us. I mean Amir is not worth $12M a year but it's because of the non-guaranteed 2nd year that made it that way.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:45:19 AM by Yenohb »