Author Topic: Celtics Draft Pick Watch Thread  (Read 14054 times)

Re: Celtics Draft Pick Watch Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2015, 09:44:14 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
You wait till the one day they fall a half a game out of playoff race to make this lame thread? We obviously have a much better spot with the nets pick and this is pretty lame and stupid. Good troll effort though.

I don't get the outrage.  I expect this is how the season is going to go.  We win a few, we rise to a playoff spot and a group of posters will come out with their posts.  We lose a few, we fall back out and we will hear from that group.  The Nets' pick has nothing to do with this.  It is going to be what it is going to be. 

I predict we are going to jockey positions with Charlotte, Orlando, Detroit, Milwaukee, and Washington all season.  I don't think we are necessarily better than any of these teams.  A couple will make the playoffs.  The rest will not.  The difference between finishing ahead of all these teams and at the bottom of these teams will likely be just a few wins.  An injury here and there, a young player emerging, and other small factors will ultimately make the difference.

Look at the person posting this and you'll understand why people are "outraged".

Sorry, I just don't understand why anyone gets outraged with "the person posting" or why I would need to look at the person.  I don't always agree with that poster and I tend to have some pretty isolated positions myself at times but many of that person's posts offer an interesting (albeit often contrarian) and well thought out position.

I know that he thought/thinks the Nets will make the playoffs and I guess that the Celtics wouldn't.  I thought Ron Mercer was going to be good.  I thought/think Milwaukee will make the playoffs and finish ahead of the Celtics.  I think Rondo is a bad shooter and overrated (maybe not so overrated these days) .  I thought Amir was going to be much better than he has so far.  I guess it just doesn't bother me.  You are certainly free to be outraged if that is how you feel.  You being outraged doesn't bother me but you are not going to convince me that I should be outraged or that it is "correct" that you are outraged.

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2015, 09:49:40 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Come on guys, where's your sense of humor?  ;D

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2015, 09:53:34 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Larbrd is great and is just speaking the truth. Maybe next week things will look better but right now we look like we are fighting just to get in playoffs.

It might not happen.

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2015, 09:57:56 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
this thread is still going?

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 09:58:14 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

It would be the shiznit if we somehow won the Ben Simmons sweepsteaks with a 1% chance with our own pick. And got either Skal, Brown, or Ingram with the Nets pick.

That would be great for Celtics fans.

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2015, 10:13:02 PM »

Offline notthebowler

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 27
Meh, the notion of outrage is a significant amount of hyperbole. No one is violating board terms wrt calling names or flaming.  Just eye rolling behavior generating an eye roll. If I came across as being more upset than that, it definitely wasn't intended.

I do still think an ignore feature would greatly improve the quality of these boards.  ;). There are certain threads I choose not to read based upon the thread title. You can't really do that with any hypothetical posters who you might view as being a feminine hygiene device.

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2015, 10:14:59 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Meh, the notion of outrage is a significant amount of hyperbole. No one is violating board terms wrt calling names or flaming.  Just eye rolling behavior generating an eye roll. If I came across as being more upset than that, it definitely wasn't intended.

I do still think an ignore feature would greatly improve the quality of these boards.  ;). There are certain threads I choose not to read based upon the thread title. You can't really do that with any hypothetical posters who you might view as being a feminine hygiene device.

I'm actually pretty sure you can put posters on an ignore list if you want. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2015, 10:15:01 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
You wait till the one day they fall a half a game out of playoff race to make this lame thread? We obviously have a much better spot with the nets pick and this is pretty lame and stupid. Good troll effort though.

I don't get the outrage.  I expect this is how the season is going to go.  We win a few, we rise to a playoff spot and a group of posters will come out with their posts.  We lose a few, we fall back out and we will hear from that group.  The Nets' pick has nothing to do with this.  It is going to be what it is going to be. 

I predict we are going to jockey positions with Charlotte, Orlando, Detroit, Milwaukee, and Washington all season.  I don't think we are necessarily better than any of these teams.  A couple will make the playoffs.  The rest will not.  The difference between finishing ahead of all these teams and at the bottom of these teams will likely be just a few wins.  An injury here and there, a young player emerging, and other small factors will ultimately make the difference.

Look at the person posting this and you'll understand why people are "outraged".

Sorry, I just don't understand why anyone gets outraged with "the person posting" or why I would need to look at the person.  I don't always agree with that poster and I tend to have some pretty isolated positions myself at times but many of that person's posts offer an interesting (albeit often contrarian) and well thought out position.

I know that he thought/thinks the Nets will make the playoffs and I guess that the Celtics wouldn't.  I thought Ron Mercer was going to be good.  I thought/think Milwaukee will make the playoffs and finish ahead of the Celtics.  I think Rondo is a bad shooter and overrated (maybe not so overrated these days) .  I thought Amir was going to be much better than he has so far.  I guess it just doesn't bother me.  You are certainly free to be outraged if that is how you feel.  You being outraged doesn't bother me but you are not going to convince me that I should be outraged or that it is "correct" that you are outraged.

The guy was clearly baiting it doesn't matter whether or not he's "right" If the Celtics won the game against the Spurs would this thread exist?

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2015, 10:18:25 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
with the exception of the Bucks, Nets, and Sixers.

edit: Basically I agree completely with VermontGreen.  TP.
What happened to the Bucks?  41 wins last year and they added Monroe.  I wouldn't count them out just yet but I must admit I don't understand what is going on with the team this season.
They didn't want to pay Brandon Knight so they traded him for MCW.  MCW is a lousy fit because of his poor shooting.  Then they pay Monroe more than they would have had to pay Knight.  They've recently moved MCW to the bench to get more shooting in their starting lineup. 

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2015, 10:22:00 PM »

Offline notthebowler

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 27

I'm actually pretty sure you can put posters on an ignore list if you want.

Well...that makes me look foolish, doesn't it?

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2015, 10:28:55 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

The guy was clearly baiting it doesn't matter whether or not he's "right" If the Celtics won the game against the Spurs would this thread exist?
I feel like people who consistently only post one sentence replies shouldn't be ridiculing others, who drive the board by writing decent content.

Like him or not, he starts good discussion.

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2015, 11:03:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
My favorite part of LB's post is his statement that we are only 4 games ahead of Sacramento for the fifth worst record. That's a kind of glass half empty look at things for sure, especially given we are only 2 games out of the lead for the Eastern Conference lead, which I guess is the glass half full view.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:09:31 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2015, 11:05:52 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If IT goes down we would be bottom 8 real quick.

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2015, 11:08:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

But why do people still get outraged if we're all so familiar with his games?  At this point he's like that uncle at Thanksgiving, or your attention-starved little brother.  Don't engage, don't encourage.

If you do engage, you will encourage, and on some level it makes me think that a certain group of posters around here actually likes when LarBrd33 makes posts like this, because it gives them an opportunity to get "outraged" and rabble rabble rabble.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2015, 11:15:27 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

But why do people still get outraged if we're all so familiar with his games?  At this point he's like that uncle at Thanksgiving, or your attention-starved little brother.  Don't engage, don't encourage.

If you do engage, you will encourage, and on some level it makes me think that a certain group of posters around here actually likes when LarBrd33 makes posts like this, because it gives them an opportunity to get "outraged" and rabble rabble rabble.

Haha, that was great. Gave me a good laugh. TP.

What I've really enjoyed from this thread is the number of people who have come to LB's defense. He's clearly trolling... and it's even mass-trolling, with a target 2/3rds the size of an internet fanbase. But that so many are overlooking it out of appreciation for the good things he brings is pretty cool. I appreciate him and those of you who just understand it is what it is, and it's actually quite funny (if you're a fan of that crazy uncle). Mine was a regular in Walpole. I'm sure LB's antics are a bit safer than that. :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC