Author Topic: Celtics Draft Pick Watch Thread  (Read 14049 times)

Celtics Draft Pick Watch Thread
« on: December 06, 2015, 04:45:38 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Do we have a thread for this yet?

12/6/15 - We're about 1/4th of the way through the season.  If the season ended today, Boston would miss the playoffs and have a coin flip toss at the #14 or #13 best odds in the lotto.  That would give that pick about a 0.5%/0.6% chance at landing Ben Simmons.

We're only 4 games above Sacramento, the team currently sitting with the 5th best odds. 

Re: Celtics Draft Pick Watch Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 05:55:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
You wait till the one day they fall a half a game out of playoff race to make this lame thread? We obviously have a much better spot with the nets pick and this is pretty lame and stupid. Good troll effort though.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 05:57:06 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
You wait till the one day they fall a half a game out of playoff race to make this lame thread? We obviously have a much better spot with the nets pick and this is pretty lame and stupid. Good troll effort though.

We aren't allowed to call other posts things like "lame and stupid," but, I daresay, I agree with you. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 05:58:39 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

We aren't allowed to call other posts things like "lame and stupid," but, I daresay, I agree with you.

It is also clearly an attempt to stir the pot and annoy posters so not sure that is allowed either.

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 06:01:54 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Do we have a thread for this yet?

12/6/15 - We're about 1/4th of the way through the season.  If the season ended today, Boston would miss the playoffs and have a coin flip toss at the #14 or #13 best odds in the lotto.  That would give that pick about a 0.5%/0.6% chance at landing Ben Simmons.

We're only 4 games above Sacramento, the team currently sitting with the 5th best odds.

I laughed that's pretty good, Andy.

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 06:13:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Can't help but think if the C's won last night, had a 12-8 record, and sat in 6th place in the East just 1 game out of 1st in the conference that this thread would never have been made.

And if that's the case, this is nothing but trolling for a reaction.

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 06:31:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I see a 'lock' in thus thread's future..

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 07:15:11 PM »

Offline notthebowler

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 27

No question. Can we get an "Ignore" function up in here?

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 07:26:17 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
I see a 'lock' in thus thread's future..

One can hope

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 08:41:10 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

I don't get the outrage.  I expect this is how the season is going to go.  We win a few, we rise to a playoff spot and a group of posters will come out with their posts.  We lose a few, we fall back out and we will hear from that group.  The Nets' pick has nothing to do with this.  It is going to be what it is going to be. 

I predict we are going to jockey positions with Charlotte, Orlando, Detroit, Milwaukee, and Washington all season.  I don't think we are necessarily better than any of these teams.  A couple will make the playoffs.  The rest will not.  The difference between finishing ahead of all these teams and at the bottom of these teams will likely be just a few wins.  An injury here and there, a young player emerging, and other small factors will ultimately make the difference.

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 08:45:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Eastern Conference is very deep right now.  Very little separation below Cleveland.  Too early to say who has the best chance of being in or out of the playoff race, with the exception of the Bucks, Nets, and Sixers.  I think you can write all three teams off from the playoffs.

I expect the Celts to be up and down all season and finish close to .500.  But a few games either way -- which will come down to luck, probably -- could decide whether they miss the playoffs or make it.  They could make the playoffs as a 4th or 5th seed and it wouldn't surprise me if they were just a few games ahead of the 9th spot.

edit: Basically I agree completely with VermontGreen.  TP.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 08:53:50 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
The Eastern Conference is very deep right now.  Very little separation below Cleveland.  Too early to say who has the best chance of being in or out of the playoff race, with the exception of the Bucks, Nets, and Sixers.  I think you can write all three teams off from the playoffs.

I expect the Celts to be up and down all season and finish close to .500.  But a few games either way -- which will come down to luck, probably -- could decide whether they miss the playoffs or make it.  They could make the playoffs as a 4th or 5th seed and it wouldn't surprise me if they were just a few games ahead of the 9th spot.

The outrage isn't if someone says the Celtics have a chance of finishing or 9th or 10th and not making the playoffs. I think every single person on here that is a fan will acknowledge that is possible. However, there is a difference between saying that and posting a lottery odds thread in early December when we are  above .500 by 3 games and coming off a tough loss to the Spurs. I think most people understood what his intent was (agitate other posters in a tongue in cheek manner), and frankly I think both of you are smart enough to know this isn't a post for the sole purposes of pointing out the celtics have a chance of not making the playoffs.

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 09:00:35 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think most people understood what his intent was (agitate other posters in a tongue in cheek manner), and frankly I think both of you are smart enough to know this isn't a post for the sole purposes of pointing out the celtics have a chance of not making the playoffs.

Of course, but because I'm familiar with his schtick, I also know enough not to get outraged.

So, uh, why does it get you every time?

Did you have siblings, growing up?  Are you familiar with the "If you give them attention, you're only encouraging their behavior," concept?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 09:02:07 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

I don't get the outrage.  I expect this is how the season is going to go.  We win a few, we rise to a playoff spot and a group of posters will come out with their posts.  We lose a few, we fall back out and we will hear from that group.  The Nets' pick has nothing to do with this.  It is going to be what it is going to be. 

I predict we are going to jockey positions with Charlotte, Orlando, Detroit, Milwaukee, and Washington all season.  I don't think we are necessarily better than any of these teams.  A couple will make the playoffs.  The rest will not.  The difference between finishing ahead of all these teams and at the bottom of these teams will likely be just a few wins.  An injury here and there, a young player emerging, and other small factors will ultimately make the difference.

Look at the person posting this and you'll understand why people are "outraged".

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 09:29:34 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
with the exception of the Bucks, Nets, and Sixers.

What happened to the Bucks?  41 wins last year and they added Monroe.  I wouldn't count them out just yet but I must admit I don't understand what is going on with the team this season.