Author Topic: Would you trade James Young and give Phili the right to swap any one of our 1st  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Would you trade James Young/Zeller and give Phili the right to swap any one of our 1st rounds (any owed) pick we own in the next two years.....  For Nerlens Noel?   

So that gives them a better shot at number one pick than any other team 2016.   Would they do it?   James Young still could develop, and stretches the floor.  Zeller is young....   

The nets pick vaule keeps decreasing the better the Nets play....  They might bite...
Diggles

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Yes, but I doubt Philly would.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Would you trade James Young/Zeller and give Phili the right to swap any one of our 1st rounds (any owed) pick we own in the next two years.....  For Nerlens Noel?   

So that gives them a better shot at number one pick than any other team 2016.   Would they do it?   James Young still could develop, and stretches the floor.  Zeller is young....   

The nets pick vaule keeps decreasing the better the Nets play....  They might bite...

76ers wouldn't do it.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
No, I don't think Noel is anything all that special outside of his athleticism.

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
No Philly would not do it.  You're not even giving them a 1st rounder.  Just a pick swap.  The value of Young and Zeller are next to nil.  If you want Noel, you're going to have to fork over at least the Nets pick. 

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

76ers wouldn't do it.

Probably not, but this would give them literally 3 bites at the lottery apple (theirs, Sacramento, Brooklyn) this year, and two the next.  And potentially our own if we dropped off.  It might be tempting but I'd have to believe they'd need an actual impact player or two and a guaranteed pick in there.

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
No Philly would not do it.  You're not even giving them a 1st rounder.  Just a pick swap.  The value of Young and Zeller are next to nil.  If you want Noel, you're going to have to fork over at least the Nets pick.

I agree.... but if I'm Phili and I really want the number one.... Its gives them three chances to land the number one pick.   I wish they would bite on it...   But then again LA might want to offer them theirs as a swap...   And build around their new big three.   Was just a thought. 
Diggles

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
They're going to suck for several more years, so a swap isn't worth much.

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I agree.... but if I'm Phili and I really want the number one.... Its gives them three chances to land the number one pick.   I wish they would bite on it...   But then again LA might want to offer them theirs as a swap...   And build around their new big three.   Was just a thought.

Our picks the next few years are projected as mid rounders. Why would Philly do that? And sorry no, it doesnt give them three chances to land the number one pick.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It would be a risk.  Young means very little, but if the Nets pick turns out to be #1 overall, it would be tough to stomach trading Simmons (plus Young) for Noel and, say, the #4 pick.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Our picks the next few years are projected as mid rounders. Why would Philly do that? And sorry no, it doesnt give them three chances to land the number one pick.

He's including the picks we have from the Nets.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Probably have to wait till deadline to take this gamble if you are Philly.

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I wouldn't trade the Brooklyn Pick.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
My gut reaction was that we don't want to be giving away potential top 10 picks in any deal except one where we acquire a superstar. On the other hand, if we are swapping with the Sixers, it is likely we still stay in the top 5.

I think if the Brooklyn pick ends just out of the top tier, we will look to trade the pick for a player like Noel.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

He's including the picks we have from the Nets.

Nah, still doesnt make sense. How would the they have 3 chances if were just giving them right to swap for our pick/nets pick? our pick is projected to be out of the lottery this year.