Author Topic: Draft and Stash Candidate: Furkan Korkmaz  (Read 1968 times)

Draft and Stash Candidate: Furkan Korkmaz
« on: December 01, 2015, 09:18:33 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Currently the second-best Int'l prospect behind Dragan Bender.
18 years old on 2016 draft night. 6'7, 185 lbs SG from Turkey.

Strengths: Has an ultra crafty game and nice handle. Very quick & high release (40% from 3) and above-average bounce. Aggressive player and good playmaker. Big time shotmaker and supposedly high character.

Weaknesses: Skinny as a rail with no improvement in size for past couple of years. Bad defensive fundamentals/technique and inconsistent effort (and no one survives NBA ball lacking both).

DE video analysis here (best opened in Chrome):
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Analyzing-the-Top-International-NBA-Prospects-2-Furkan-Korkmaz-5326/

What do you think? I love any wing players with a good handle and smooth shot; it always seems like they're either one or the other, but not both. Also, I'm not familiar with his current contract situation but any 18 year old from Europe should be draft-and-stashed.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: Draft and Stash Candidate: Furkan Korkmaz
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 09:19:19 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
He's going like 10th overall, no way he gets stashed.  He'll be expected to contribute right away and he looks pretty [dang] good

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 09:19:47 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Top 10 player would love to see C's draft him.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 09:21:29 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
He's going like 10th overall, no way he gets stashed.  He'll be expected to contribute right away and he looks pretty [dang] good

Ah, well i'll take him to dominate the D-League while he's engulfing protein for a few years.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:01:46 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Ah, well i'll take him to dominate the D-League while he's engulfing protein for a few years.

He could be draft and stashed. Dario Saric was taken 12th by Philly in 2014 and hasn't played a minute in the NBA yet.

I'd rather have Korkmaz playing in Europe against real competition than the D League personally.