Would Cleveland be better with Andrew Wiggins

Yes.
9 (60%)
No.
5 (33.3%)
I have a hard time making decisions
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Would the Cavs be better with Wiggins  (Read 4454 times)

Would the Cavs be better with Wiggins
« on: December 01, 2015, 08:44:25 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I say yes, and he's only 20 years old. He's Avg 22ppg,  and he's already a top 5 athlete in the NBA.

I'm sure that was Lebron that forced that move, partly because he's a coward that did not want to share the spotlight with the next big thing, in quote unquote "His Town"

Re: Would the Cavs be better with Wiggins
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 08:56:17 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

To me the #1 reason it would have been brilliant to keep Wiggins is the Defensive pressure he could have taken off Lebron.

He could have made him his little helper on the Court and rewarded him with assists when he was being a good helper.

I would have demanded to keep him, horrible move and they might never get a ring because of that.

Where with Wiggins he's a force now, and in two year he will be a top five player in the league, and Lebron will only be 32, he could have rode Wiggins and Irving's back for multiple rings. What a fool.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 09:00:08 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yes

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 09:01:19 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532
Right from the start I thought they would have been.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 09:06:13 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Of course. But LeBron is too much of a ***** to let a budding star grow under him -- it has to be about him, all day everyday.  So the Cavs did the right thing -- catered to his requirements, and made sure they got him back.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 09:24:22 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
 The you suspense, but If I was Gilbert I would have told Lebron no for once in his life, I would have said if it doesn't work out I'll trade Wiggins.
 Of course I would have been fibbing.

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 09:24:30 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Yeah, would have been ideal to keep Wiggins and then go out and bring in a guy like Mirza Teletovic or Markieff Morris (both of whom were available via free agency or trade this summer) who can give you most of what Love gives Cleveland at the 4.

The thing is, Love can only do show so much of his ability in the backseat to LBJ and Kyrie. He's almost definitely still a better player than Wiggins at this point (that will change soon), and was last year, but there's no room to exploit the skill surplus Love has over Wiggins with only so many touches outside of LBJ and Kyrie's hands. Wiggins gives you everything you could ask for from a third banana at the 2.

But this isn't a realistic question. LBJ didn't give the Cavs any option on Love. He would only sign if they promised to move Wiggins for an available star like Love. There is no world where the Cavs would have been able to sign LBJ and maintain the youth movement, unfortunately. I think that would have been really fun.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 09:34:23 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Yeah, would have been ideal to keep Wiggins and then go out and bring in a guy like Mirza Teletovic or Markieff Morris (both of whom were available via free agency or trade this summer) who can give you most of what Love gives Cleveland at the 4.

The thing is, Love can only do show so much of his ability in the backseat to LBJ and Kyrie. He's almost definitely still a better player than Wiggins at this point (that will change soon), and was last year, but there's no room to exploit the skill surplus Love has over Wiggins with only so many touches outside of LBJ and Kyrie's hands. Wiggins gives you everything you could ask for from a third banana at the 2.

But this isn't a realistic question. LBJ didn't give the Cavs any option on Love. He would only sign if they promised to move Wiggins for an available star like Love. There is no world where the Cavs would have been able to sign LBJ and maintain the youth movement, unfortunately. I think that would have been really fun.

Shows you how much of the game Lebron doesn't get and didn't really want to work for a ring.

I was saying that they should had kept him when the trade went down. Lebron could play PF and Still be a huge force, and he could mentor Wiggins. With in 4 years when Lebron is starting to slow down, they could rely on Wiggins to handle the bulk of the scoring and Lebron could save himself for the playoffs for a couple more years. He'd get a few more years out of his body not having to put the wear and tear on it like Kobe did.

But nope, he had to be a sissy and get an other All Star to help him win, because you know, he ears everything.

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 09:50:23 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
If they released a horror movie called "Wiggins at the 3, Lebron at the 4" it would be too scary for a mass audience.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 09:54:14 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
There's no way Wiggins could have blossomed in Cleveland.  Kevin Love had a rough go of it in year 1, figuring out how to play with LeBron and Kyrie.  I think Wiggins wouldn't have had the opportunity to grow.

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 10:06:08 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
did anybody watch the wiz/cavs game tonight? love had an awful game, i'm guessing because otto porter started at PF and shut him down?

love can be stopped... he's like the world's best roleplayer, puts up gaudy stats but can't impose his will when it counts.

if they could re-do the trade IMO they take back wiggins. they get a better player AND longevity. it would have been a dynasty. wiggins would have an easy time learning with lebron and kyrie drawing all the attention on defense.

but it's easy to see why they went the veteran route instead.

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 10:09:58 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I still like the Love trade for the Cavs if the goal is to go for a championship for the next few years.  No way would Wiggins be playing anywhere near this level if he were on the Cavs.

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 11:46:35 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I still like the Love trade for the Cavs if the goal is to go for a championship for the next few years.  No way would Wiggins be playing anywhere near this level if he were on the Cavs.

Why? He'd be shooting and scoring less, but he's not an excellent NBA player because he's on a .500 team. He'd be arguably the best (or second best) defender on the Cavs.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:55:08 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 11:54:08 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think so.  Wiggins could've been a kind of Baby LeBron (though his game is different), being his companion on the wing and learning how to become a superstar.  But LeBron wanted the established guy, so off ya go.

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 11:59:09 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Why? He'd be shooting and scoring less, but he's not an excellent NBA player because he's on a .500 team. He'd be arguably the best (or second best) defender on the Cavs.
I just think he'd be a lot more introverted for a longer period of time on the Cavs.  He'd think of himself as a role player instead of being forced to be the main guy like he is on the Wolves.