Author Topic: Tightened rotation minutes allocation  (Read 890 times)

Tightened rotation minutes allocation
« on: December 01, 2015, 11:01:42 AM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
As a follow up to J Crowder's call for clearer roles and tightened rotation, I was wondering what this might look like once Marcus comes back (I noticed 6 players got over 30 minutes each against Heat last night).

Here's my attempt:

JS, AJ, AB, ET, MS, JC :  30 to 35 minutes/game

IT                                      mid 20's/game

KO or JJ depending on matchups     mid teens/game

That would be 8 regular players (KO/JJ sharing the eighth spot)

Work in TR and/or RJH last 5 minutes of blow outs.

I know this does very little for developing the young players,  but it would go a long way to chasing a 6th seed in the East.  Which begs a larger question that we talk a lot about on this blog, what is the goal for this season?

Re: Tightened rotation minutes allocation
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 11:10:03 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
With no games until Thursday I think Stevens had more room to play the starters longer.

I doubt that all our starters will be playing 30+ minutes going forward. I get nervous about Sully, Amir, and/or Avery breaking down after consistently playing 30+
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:24:01 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Based on the minutes played in last nights game it would appear to me that the message from Crowder may have gotten through as the rotation was much more consistent.

However, I guess since its only one game, it could just be a fluke. But, arguably, our six best players in the rotation last night all played between 31-39 minutes, Lee as a 7th man hit 13 with KO and Jonas only playing 9.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:28:37 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
With no games until Thursday I think Stevens had more room to play the starters longer.

I doubt that all our starters will be playing 30+ minutes going forward. I get nervous about Sully, Amir, and/or Avery breaking down after consistently playing 30+

I think this is the right time to push Sullingers minutes and find out how durable he is long term before deciding to sign him to a multi year deal or not. He's a young guy who should be healthy now. If he breaks down playing 36 minutes a night then it's time to ditch him.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:39:35 AM »

Online The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597

This!  There is very little chance either Sully or Amir can play that kind of minutes and hold up.  Also any coach worth his salt that sits his 2 best floor spacers in K.O. and Jerebko should be fired.  Brad has got to end the David Lee experiment it has been an utter disaster.

A four man big rotation of Sully 28, Amir 25, K.O. 25, Jerebko 18 would be way more effective.  With Smart, Bradley, IT, Crowder and Turner all in the upper 20's to low 30's.  Clean 9 man rotation and none of this 10 or more man, low minutes stuff where guys can't get into a flow.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 11:54:00 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I think this is the right time to push Sullingers minutes and find out how durable he is long term before deciding to sign him to a multi year deal or not. He's a young guy who should be healthy now. If he breaks down playing 36 minutes a night then it's time to ditch him.
The problem with this line of reasoning is that if we ride him now and he gets hurt then he won't have any trade value.

If we aren't going to keep him, then we want the highest possible return for him before he leaves.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 12:45:38 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
A question to start....Does anyone know a timeline for Smart's return???

As far as the rotation goes I understand that Brad is the coach and ultimitely will have to make the final decision but this has got to be a hard choice as far as stepping on toes and how his decision will affect some pretty young impressionable players. I don't envy him and wouldn't want to be in his position. 

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 01:12:12 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
I think we will see smart in a month. they said 2-6 weeks at first and then said it would be more towards the longer end.

We are doing it right keeping out options open. play everyone till allstar break then see what happens. But we should keep Crowder on the floor as much as possible. He is the key to our d.

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 02:06:34 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
I think we will see smart in a month. they said 2-6 weeks at first and then said it would be more towards the longer end.

We are doing it right keeping out options open. play everyone till allstar break then see what happens. But we should keep Crowder on the floor as much as possible. He is the key to our d.

I agree and don't understand why people are coming down on Crowder???

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 02:23:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I agree and don't understand why people are coming down on Crowder???
I think more people are down on Crowder because he opened his mouth and complained about rotational consistency than they down on him due to his play.