Author Topic: Is this too Much For Jabari Parker  (Read 1822 times)

Is this too Much For Jabari Parker
« on: December 01, 2015, 06:16:44 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Let's overpay so the Bucks budge on Parker. If this trade went down you will have to admit the Bucks would make some serious noise in the East.

Greg Monroe
 Jared Sullinger
 Gianni's
 Kris Middleton
 Marcus Smart

Bench

Isaiah Thomas, Henson, Carter Williams,  Mayo, Bayless. That's the third best team in the East.

Now I'm not willing to give up the Nets pick this year. Other firsts are on the table if need be.
 I'd like to here some thoughts about what picks they would want.

For the Celtics we go two steps backwards this year, and hopefully three steps forward next year with Two top ten draft picks and Jabari Parker. Vasquez would be involved for salary reasons.

Hassan Whiteside
 Skal Labissiere
 Jabari Parker
 Dwayne Bacon
 Kris Dunn

We hit a home run with the Nets pick and take Skal, Dunn is projected to go 19 he's the kid from PC, and Bacon projects to go 24 right now.

That team had some serious Upside. And you still have Kelly, Mickey, Crowder, Rozier, Hunter, Young, and Amir, JJ, Or Turner if he wanted to keep them he could.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:08:36 AM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Is this too Much For Jabari Parker
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 07:15:40 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
smh

I fail to understand the logic of those who continue to advocate tanking even though the Cs have one of the youngest starting groups in the NBA, made the playoffs last year, currently have a winning record and are assured of a top 10 pick coming from the Nets. Why would you want to lose in that situation?
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 07:40:53 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I am not against getting more top picks but you have to keep the young guys
Better keep IT and Sully, trade Lee/Amir

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 01:39:13 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Smart alone may be too much for Parker

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 02:17:38 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

So with no picks involved. You think Thomas, Smart and Sully is an overpay for Jabari Parker.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 02:24:31 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Someone said Khris Middleton wouldn't be traded, but if there is anyone that is completely untouchable as of now, its Parker. Middleton or Monroe are simply good 2nd/3rd scorers, while Parker has the ability to be a Melo/Pierce type of player.

I don't see why they would give up on a player that was supposed to be the potential first round pick, and probably the most BPA/NBA ready player at the time for at least 2 more years.

I would trade our top 5 pick for Parker, but if it was Simmons I wouldn't really do it. I believe Simmons, Skal, and Ingram all have really high ceilings. People say Jaylen Brown is the 2nd best SF, but I honestly don't like his game at all, maybe that's just me.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 02:24:50 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

So with no picks involved. You think Thomas, Smart and Sully is an overpay for Jabari Parker.

Do that 10 times out of 10. Bucks hang up laughing.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 02:33:53 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Do that 10 times out of 10. Bucks hang up laughing.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Smart was the #6 pick two years ago who is a defensive wizard with plenty of upside and who measures very well with almost every advanced metric.
Sullinger averages 11 points and 9 boards in 25 minutes of court time who will only be a RFA this year.
IT is putting up 20 points and 6 boards for an exceptionally reasonable $7m a year.

That's huge production.

All 3 of those guys are worth top 15 picks by almost any standard and that's a pretty good haul for Parker, especially if he doesn't fit the scheme in MIL. Might they turn it down? Possibly. But that might be a very enticing offer as well because MIL is getting a lot of production, youth and potential back in the deal.

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Have I missed something Parker has done to be worth significantly more than Smart even by himself?

I get that the author suggested this as an "overpay," but what's the point of gutting our team for this?

Great words from a great man

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 02:50:56 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Have I missed something Parker has done to be worth significantly more than Smart even by himself?

I get that the author suggested this as an "overpay," but what's the point of gutting our team for this?

That's essentially what I said in the 2nd post of this thread.  :)

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 02:53:03 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Tp Granath. Thank you for bringing some sense here. On the Court that trade would bring a lot to the Bucks they could make the finals this year and would be stacked.

Smart and Gianni's would bring a ton defensively and Kidd would love Smarts toughness.

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 03:05:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
smh

I fail to understand the logic of those who continue to advocate tanking even though the Cs have one of the youngest starting groups in the NBA, made the playoffs last year, currently have a winning record and are assured of a top 10 pick coming from the Nets. Why would you want to lose in that situation?
this.

I don't get the mentality of overpaying for anyone.  by definition, overpaying is giving up more than you need to.  I like Parker's potential but at this point, trading him straight up for Smart would need serious contemplation by the C's, nevermind all those other assets you'd be throwing in.

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Do you honestly think Smart and Sully gets it done? I don't. Throw in Thomas now they are starting to listen, add a pick and its a done deal.

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 05:15:45 PM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100

Do you honestly think Smart and Sully gets it done? I don't. Throw in Thomas now they are starting to listen, add a pick and its a done deal.

That's not the point, though. The point is...what's the point? What are we even accomplishing here? I'm sorry we don't have ideal talent that fits the stereotypes out there, but what we have here isn't half bad. I'd prefer to keep these guys and add a top 5 pick from Brooklyn. I have no interest in Parker because of the price it would take to get him. He hasn't looked particularly great anyway, and I'd rather stay away from a player who had an early career ACL injury.