Author Topic: Evan Turner: PLEASE STOP SHOOTING THREES!!!  (Read 2902 times)

Re: Evan Turner: PLEASE STOP SHOOTING THREES!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 12:30:51 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
I was thinking the same thing about Turner. Every time he misses one I ask myself if I can ever remember him making one. But if you don't shoot em then no one will come out on you and then you can drive by people. See Rondo.

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 12:35:46 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Could not agree more.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 02:00:17 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
Why on earth is he getting the green light to throw these bricks up?
 He's shooting more per game than last year and his percentage is 13.8% !!!

It's not like he's shooting with less than 5 seconds on the clock like Sullinger's shots or Amir's long range attempts.

He's never been a 3 point shooter so why the hell is Stevens giving him so much leeway to shoot these bricks...

What's everyone's thoughts on this?
When does Stevens start yanking the chain? I'd rather Sully or Amir shoot threes over Turner and he's just taking waaaayy too many.
Very frustrating.

I don't like Stevens' overall strategy of giving every player the green light for threes.

Sully has become more of a borderline all-star since taking less of them. Amir shouldn't take them too often either. Yet, both Sully and Amir can get hot from way deep. It should be a weapon stored in the glass box for an emergency, not something to count on too often like we are with Avery Bradley as an offensive force.

Bradley is the only guy I feel confident giving the green light. Maybe Isaiah will improve his outside shooting and will become a second guy I want shooting those. I would like to see Jerebko and Olly in the 3 pointer mix, but they are often too unselfish and don't even try.

If Crowder and Smart can ever figure out how to shoot jump shots and threes, then we will become a top contender with or without the Brooklyn picks.

I cringe whenever they shoot. Same as Turner with three pointers. Just shut him off, Brad. If you want to have a system like Orlando had with Dwight Howard, mostly taking threes, you need people who can actually hit them consistently. Or else you end up like those Orlando teams and shoot yourself into playoff losses and disappointment.

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 05:03:37 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Can we add Thomas to the stop chucking up 3's list?
Is it me, or does he miss a large amount of those pull up 3's, usually when the Celtics are on a run.
Mid range and taking it to the hoop, he's fine, but I cringe when he chucks up a 3.

While Turner doesn't shot them well, it seems at least he takes them when he's wide open.

so freaking true about IT, he's horrible. if he is off to start a game I say don't even bother playing him. his offense is so inconsistent and no D make him hardly worth the trouble at all.