Author Topic: Do You Think Jabari Becomes Available?  (Read 4739 times)

Do You Think Jabari Becomes Available?
« on: November 30, 2015, 06:44:06 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Theoretically, Parker, GiAnt, and Monroe can play together, but the Bucks and Kidd don't see all that interested in making it happen.

GiAnt looks like a highly versatile 4, and the Bucks always said they saw Parker as a 4 (and have been playing him at the 5 this year).

Parker hasn't taken a single three yet this season.

I'm just not convinced that they are committed to making Parker/GiAnt their core.

Anybody else notice the Bucks disinterest in Parker?

Re: Do You Think Jabari Becomes Available?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 06:48:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
In a word: no.  Not anytime soon.

I think they'll explore their options to upgrade in the backcourt, perhaps by shopping Middleton (or getting what they can for MCW), before they look at trading Jabari. 

They'd be selling SUPER low on him if they looked to trade him this year.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 06:59:53 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Sure, but they're not going to sell him for cheap. He's locked in on a rookie deal for 2.5 seasons. They have no reason not to hold out for a huge return. They have all the time in the world to figure out how to properly incorporate him and all the time in the world to wait out any pathetic low-ball offers.

But I don't anticipate they'll trade him, anyway.

Just saying that preemptively because I saw a silly suggestion the other day that Hezonja should be available for "cheap" because he's not in the Magic's rotation.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 07:16:17 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I know it may be preemptive, that's why it was regarding the future, not currently.

Their roster is just not set up to allow him to succeed.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 07:21:20 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It wouldn't make much sense for the Bucks to deal Parker, especially if they continue to struggle - they will just have more time for development of players like Parker. I agree that they look to move Middleton and even possibly Monroe (not right away) if things don't begin to mesh. They were supposed to be a real force this year.

But, there will be high draft picks who become available for a very reasonable price at some point. Stauskas was just about given away; Thomas Robinson was given about a half-year before he was dealt the first time. You have to imagine that some players from Philly, Orlando, Milwaukee, Utah, etc., may become available if their respective teams see a better replacement.

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 07:41:57 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yes

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 08:32:32 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I said last year that with Middleton, Parker and Giannis all quality SFs... if Philly landed Okafor and had Okafor, Noel and Embiid .. all quality Centers... that a trade between the two might make sense.

But with Embiid iffy, I dunno.  Noel for Parker still probably makes sense.

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 08:40:28 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I said last year that with Middleton, Parker and Giannis all quality SFs... if Philly landed Okafor and had Okafor, Noel and Embiid .. all quality Centers... that a trade between the two might make sense.

Why would Noel and Monroe have any better chance of working than Noel and Okafor?

The Bucks need a point guard, not a center.  What team out there has a top point guard prospect to spare?  The Lakers with D'Angelo?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 08:42:42 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Why would Noel and Monroe have any better chance of working than Noel and Okafor?

The Bucks need a point guard, not a center.  What team out there has a top point guard prospect to spare?  The Lakers with D'Angelo?

Not necessarily to spare, but Smart would seem to fit in well with their team - either next to MCW or as the lead PG. Would Danny really say no if a trade was offered straight up?

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 09:24:26 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Bosh exploding with Lee trying to guard him. What a disaster.

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 09:25:08 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
J

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 09:31:35 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

The Bucks have made some of the worst trades in the league the last few years. Dealing Harris for Reddick was dumb. Trading Knight for MCW was just bizarre. The Bucks would be far better if they had those two and didn't have Monroe.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 11:11:38 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Well, I'll take a little credit and say I was real suspicious of the Bucks after everyone started crowning them a top team in the east after the Monroe signing. The Knight-MCW deal really didn't make a lot of sense for them. I think Kidd might've saw a little of himself in MCW and wanted a chance to develop him, but Knight was a much better fit for that team.

And as much as everyone loved the Monroe signing (and I did think he could fit in with us pretty well), I've been pretty suspect of his fit there. Especially since the trade of Ilysova. Giannis isn't a great outside shooter, and it's made Monroe have to work in limited space. Plus, Monroe seems like as bad a defender this season as he ever has, and it's hurt them big time.

The weirdest thing is the lack of PT for Jabari though. For a guy picked #2 with a highly polished, well regarded offensive game, they haven't featured him much. I know he's coming back from injury but even when he's in there, it's not like they're really trying to highlight him the way Orlando did with Oladipo yesterday or anything.

He's a blue chip prospect in his second season though and would command a pretty high return. But if anyone has the ammo to get that done, It's Ainge. If Brooklyn gives us #5 and we can package that with some other stuff for Jabari, wouldn't you seriously consider it? I sure would, especially if Simmons/Lab/Brown is off the board. Bucks might consider that if Things stay the way they are and they're in the lottery anyways.

Do you guys think he's the kind of guy we would put right in the 3 spot and bring us consistent offense, or would his poor defense prevent him from reaching his potential if he played here?

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 11:44:37 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
We can only dream.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 09:40:45 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm skeptical of how this would've held up long-term, health-wise… but I've found myself recently wondering how the Pelicans would've looked had they kept Noel. Anthony Davis is kind of the perfect fit for a guy like him: he can space the floor and doesn't like playing the 5, whereas Noel is a natural 5 on offense. On defense, they'd have been a shotblocking tandem of terror.

If only those guys weren't so thin and seemingly injury-prone.